Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138
Results 4,111 to 4,133 of 4133

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It's September so it's basically Autumn (fall) don't @ me BRING ON HALLOWEEN AND PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)

took in my bike on saturday to get it serviced (after not riding it since last october) and they told me it would be between $350 and $500 to get it fixed up, so i said fuck that. it was a 30-year-old entry-level peugot that i got for free, and my mom recently sold her mom's condo so she said she'd help me out.

so, yesterday, i went to a different bike shop (the first one seemed very pretentious, the second one was fantastic) where i took a couple test rides. i cannot describe how natural and perfect this bike felt, not to mention how much of an improvement over my old bike.

rode to the beach today to break it in and it was lovely. so happy to have found it.

oh, and it's a raleigh redux 1 in matte charcoal that i named helena ravenclaw.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Saw these stained glass art on Etsy and decided my beloved needed one of the creatures for a present...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    i am by myself and i just laughed out loud for the entirety of that video and then for several minutes after. oh my god. thank you for making my day.

Mentioned
    782 Post(s)

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)

officially using they/them pronouns!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That thing I order above is coming from Russia, but due to apparently Russian to English translation issues, it is coming from "Rumowt, Russian Federation". Phonetically it makes sense but I'm kinda surprised the Cyrillic just didn't translate the English name of the town, Khabarovsk...

But it makes me smile that they tried...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    That thing I order above is coming from Russia, but due to apparently Russian to English translation issues, it is coming from "Rumowt, Russian Federation". Phonetically it makes sense but I'm kinda surprised the Cyrillic just didn't translate the English name of the town, Khabarovsk...

But it makes me smile that they tried...
    RUMOWT is a code for logistics center. RU is for Russia, MOW is for Moscow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    RUMOWT is a code for logistics center. RU is for Russia, MOW is for Moscow.
    I like that it might have a different answer but what's the T for?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I like that it might have a different answer but what's the T for?
    Nothing really, just an index (a, b, c... etc)
    Here's all of them: https://wheremy.com/ems-post-tracking/ru-ems-tracking-russia-ems-russian-post-subsidiary-of-fsue-russian-post

If you're interested, 'Rumowt' doesn't mean anything in Russian, phonetically.
    Last edited by fillow; 09-11-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nothing really, just an index (a, b, c... etc)
    Here's all of them: https://wheremy.com/ems-post-tracking/ru-ems-tracking-russia-ems-russian-post-subsidiary-of-fsue-russian-post

If you're interested, 'Rumowt' doesn't mean anything in Russian, phonetically.
    Neat!

Oh, I never meant that in Russian it make sense... but as a weird English phoentically it does. "Remote" Russia make me smile... (and considering where it's coming from).

From a logistics side, since it went to Moscow, I'm guessing that there isn't an international sorting facility on eastern border with the Pacific.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm guessing that there isn't an international sorting facility on eastern border with the Pacific.
    I'm pretty sure Vladivostok and Blagoveschensk have international facilities, but they're working with China/Japan/rest of SE Asia and Oceania. Stuff going to America is likely routed through Atlantic even if the destination point is closer to West coast.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    After a pretty downer year i'm trying to set up some long term goals to help keep spirit's up.

First i'm building a PC (for Cyberpunk mainly) so i'm saving for that, probably build it around Jan. Next i'm thinking about taking a short 3 night trip to Japan, just to experience it. I'm not one for travelling alone, but i'll never go if i don't do something now. Was thinking of using my tablet (when it's fixed) to take photo's while i'm there and draw my own characters into them so it can be an exercise in drawing practice.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    11+ hour flight: 2x4x2 configuration plane. Seated in a window...seat mate never showed up. Could get up whenever I wanted, could twist my body a bit and encroach into the space of the open seat. I needed that little win.

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Next i'm thinking about taking a short 3 night trip to Japan, just to experience it.
    If you can spare the time, there's lots of ways to stay/eat cheap in Japan... It's an incredible country, you're going to need more than 3 days. I don't know if they still do the foreigner rail pass, but if they do, you can get cheap access to the shinkansen (aka bullet train) and really go out and see a lot in a short period of time.

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    my fiancee has me looking for what I want for my wedding band, and I don't know how to tell her how hilarious all this shit is. I'm fine with a metal looking thing. Seriously, the item descriptions are totally like "THE CHESSMASTER: Hey, you know you're a conqueror, did you also know you have a huge cock, you're manly as fuck, and all the other women in the world are so sad that you're going to be unavailable to blow any time in the future, cuz you're getting married, you lucky stud!"

I may be exaggerating a little here, but not much.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-17-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    my fiancee has me looking for what I want for my wedding band, and I don't know how to tell her how hilarious all this shit is. I'm fine with a metal looking thing. Seriously, the item descriptions are totally like "THE CHESSMASTER: Hey, you know you're a conqueror, did you also know you have a huge cock, you're manly as fuck, and all the other women in the world are so sad that you're going to be unavailable to blow any time in the future, cuz you're getting married, you lucky stud!"

Heh, I never noticed that but you're absolutely right. I switched over to a silicone wedding band 3 years ago and it's the best ever. No (or less) reason to remove for factory work, yard work, etc.

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

i have a very simple titanium band that i like a lot. we got it from a guy on etsy who was super nice. i'd honestly look around on there because there are a lot of cool artists who aren't trying to shove those sorts of descriptions down your throat.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

It's this dude's birthday and finding that out made me smile.

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)

i put out a new album tonight at midnight and it's available on bandcamp
    the download comes with an instrumental version of the album
    50% of the proceeds go to The Trevor Project to help prevent suicide among LGBTQ youth

i started working on this album on august 19th, and releasing it tonight meant that it was 33 days from start to finish.
    i've been going through a really tough time for the last two months, and creating this really helped me work through it.
    it's also the 5th anniversary of my wedding, the 10th anniversary of my first album, and the 15th anniversary of my suicide attempt.
    so you could say this date holds a lot of significance for me.

help me raise money for a good cause and get some cool music in return.

thanks <3