Page 137 of 182 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Just deleted my Twitter account. God that feels good..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Dude, congratulations. No, seriously, it's a great move. Cutting out Twitter will do wonders to bring down your stress level. I deleted my Twitter a few years back and i have never had any regrets about it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I never had and probably never will have twitter, though I did joke about starting one just to quote Lil Wayne, in the guise of pick up lines. Up until fairly recently partly due to trump I had no idea how pervasive it had become.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I can certainly relate because I've been feeling this way about social media for quite some time. If I return to it altogether and actually stay, I'm definitely going to do a lot more lurking than posting.

As for Twitter, I suppose it's easy for me to say that I don't mind it since I never really used it for interacting all that much, but at the same time, I absolutely get what you mean, since some parts of Twitter are very much like "The Shitlist", but in social media form. It's inevitably everywhere on social media, but Twitter sometimes seemed to take it to more levels than Facebook and Instagram combined. But of course, this also depends on where you go, or where you choose to interact. It just seems to give me more reasons to lurk, if not necessarily completely abstain from social media.

But yes. I've definitely been there before. There is a sense of ultimate relief and satisfaction from purging social media from one's life.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Twitter comes in two flavors: freewheeling opinions inundated with hate and bullying, and personal echo chamber after you've blocked all the shitty people. There's no meaningful attempt at bridging gaps or accommodating points of view. You're either surrounded by people who cause you to flip shit every few minutes, or people who do nothing but agree with you. There seems to be no in-between.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    what makes me tear up is that abc strong-armed the actual highest bidder and stole the house from them after they'd already been told the house was theirs.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/08/63660...ing-lance-bass
    LANCE BASS!! omg.

Not sad, though, because the inside of the house wasn't ANYTHING like the TV show inside of the house, and now it is. And. now it's also a hotel that you can stay in.

Even Lance isn't mad:

"HGTV??! Aw man. I'd be pretty upset if it were anyone else, but how can you be mad at HGTV?? My television is stuck on that channel. Kudos HGTV, I know you will do the right thing with the house. That was always my biggest worry. I can smile again."
    Last edited by allegro; 08-22-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I've done it about 6 times but then I create another one for following my favorite news and opinion feeds because I missed them. I just learned to stop actually TALKING with anyone.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    I've done it about 6 times but then I create another one for following my favorite news and opinion feeds because I missed them. I just learned to stop actually TALKING with anyone.
    I have multiple concurrent accounts for different purposes. One is a lot more social and invested in local issues (along with generally, science and culture; Follows 1776 accounts/1312 Followers), one is "just me" (not "pretending", just disabled much cannabis smoking me; Follows 99 accounts/214 Followers) and lastly one that just babbles about the music I'm enjoying (I follow one artist with that account and that's because she followed me first, felt it was polite... but generally, I keep the more social account for following bands/artists, etc; Follows 11/36 Followers). If I feel like retreating from one account, then I can continue with the others if need be... which is what I'm basically doing now. Mainly babbling on the music account (with minor "hey I'm alive" on the other two).
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-23-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

When I think of lock-picking... this... is not it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I have multiple concurrent accounts for different purposes. One is a lot more social and invested in local issues (along with generally, science and culture; Follows 1776 accounts/1312 Followers), one is "just me" (not "pretending", just disabled much cannabis smoking me; Follows 99 accounts/214 Followers) and lastly one that just babbles about the music I'm enjoying (I follow one artist with that account and that's because she followed me first, felt it was polite... but generally, I keep the more social account for following bands/artists, etc; Follows 11/36 Followers). If I feel like retreating from one account, then I can continue with the others if need be... which is what I'm basically doing now. Mainly babbling on the music account (with minor "hey I'm alive" on the other two).
    And while on one hand I totally get this approach and I've thought about setting up exactly that, it sounds exhausting; and I know that I'd eventually just set up an account for trolling people who piss me off, and that would eventually come back to poison me on some level, and no matter how slight, I don't feel it's worth it. I think I just really dislike the potential of Twitter.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think I just really dislike the potential of Twitter.
    Why? I ask, because what you described sounds like you dislike what you think you might do, rather than Twitter itself (like, why would you want to troll people to start with? And to follow-up, if you're going to say something to someone, why not have culpability with it? Why teh lolz​?).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    worked on music a little on monday and more on friday afternoon for the first time in weeks. despite being unable to work right now and barely able to function, i managed to make an entire 7-minute doom/black metal song that i'm pretty pleased with in only two sessions. every little bit helps right now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Thank you for splitting the Star Wars thread, @ltrandazzo .

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Thank you for splitting the Star Wars thread, @ltrandazzo.
    oh no. what have i done? o.O

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Why? I ask, because what you described sounds like you dislike what you think you might do, rather than Twitter itself (like, why would you want to troll people to start with? And to follow-up, if you're going to say something to someone, why not have culpability with it? Why teh lolz​?).
    more that I feel it’s hard not to troll back trolls, and I think ultimately that’s toxic, no matter how briefly enjoyable it is in the short run... and I don’t need that temptation or initial provocative irritation. I can still read whatever I want on Twitter if I need or want to, but I don’t need a voice in that cesspool

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm proper chuffed that my thread here has been ongoing since 2011.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    I'm proper chuffed that my thread here has been ongoing since 2011.
    where the fuck have you been!?!?

(it cheers me up that you're here)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    where the fuck have you been!?!?

(it cheers me up that you're here)
    Ah you know, Facebook and such. I might drop in here again around 2027. :P

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's September so it's basically Autumn (fall) don't @ me BRING ON HALLOWEEN AND PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

took in my bike on saturday to get it serviced (after not riding it since last october) and they told me it would be between $350 and $500 to get it fixed up, so i said fuck that. it was a 30-year-old entry-level peugot that i got for free, and my mom recently sold her mom's condo so she said she'd help me out.

so, yesterday, i went to a different bike shop (the first one seemed very pretentious, the second one was fantastic) where i took a couple test rides. i cannot describe how natural and perfect this bike felt, not to mention how much of an improvement over my old bike.

rode to the beach today to break it in and it was lovely. so happy to have found it.

oh, and it's a raleigh redux 1 in matte charcoal that i named helena ravenclaw.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Saw these stained glass art on Etsy and decided my beloved needed one of the creatures for a present...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    i am by myself and i just laughed out loud for the entirety of that video and then for several minutes after. oh my god. thank you for making my day.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

officially using they/them pronouns!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That thing I order above is coming from Russia, but due to apparently Russian to English translation issues, it is coming from "Rumowt, Russian Federation". Phonetically it makes sense but I'm kinda surprised the Cyrillic just didn't translate the English name of the town, Khabarovsk...

But it makes me smile that they tried...