Page 106 of 182 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I've been amassing action figures of various kinds for many years now, and only allowed myself to admit recently I was filling a void.

My life's a little better nowadays than it was not so long ago, so I bit the bullet, brought a ton of stuff to an action figure convention today, set up shop, and walked out with much of my load gone and a profit hefty enough - possibly surpassing what I initially spent on these things - to buy me a good quality bass so I can sit down and learn another instrument. I feel really great right now, like a huge burden's off my shoulders.

I didn't bring most of my Transformers, though. Motherfuckers can't have my Transformers.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Elitist asswipes with their stupid facepalm buttons.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    So, I'm an uncle now...

God I wish his dad was here to see him and hold him. "The beauty that he brings, illumination", to paraphrase Sufjan Stevens...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had my belly button removed due to a hernia. I had dealt with it for 3 years. Now that it's fixed I can finally get my life back on track. My girlfriend and I will be getting our house that we are on a waiting list for soon. My family thought, not in a bad way, that I could never be independent. Due to my abuse and such but, I've healed from that I think. I'm just really happy with life. I've never been this happy.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    My best friend is coming out to visit me in less than a week. I haven't seen her in two years. I'm over the moon excited.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Picked up some super tasty Granny Smith apples the other day.

Also got a call back on a couple jobs i put in apps for. The one place which i was actually excited about called me back the same day i put in my app and pretty much offered me the job. I was kind of thrown off by the rapid fire approach as i was not anticipating the call so soon. I told them had other apps out but i would call back. Not bad for a first round of apps i put out. The other is a place the guy I'm living with works at so i kind of had an in there but even he said the other spot would be better. Im about to call both back and see about setting up some face tie on monday to talk. I think I'm gonna go for the first one, i've done some googling and it seems like that would be a better fit for what i would like to do. The other spot would be decent i suspect but it's a resort that shuts down in winter.

Going in Monday to face to face! It's not yet been a week but I need to work. It's been nice having internets, TV, woods and stuff, plus the time off but I need to get back to grinding. My body is going into revolt from all this leisure time.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 06-04-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    just having a great low key night with my man. food, TV, laughter, learning, and fucking.

we have very different schedules, so when little things go smooth and uninterrupted it's actually a luxury. to spend time without a sense of urgency means the world.
    Last edited by ldopa; 06-06-2016 at 05:43 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    fucking.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    on thursday, my wife (sarah) and i drove out to Geneva, a cute little town an hour or so from chicago, to stay at an adorable hotel called the Herrington Inn. we stayed there a year ago, too, but this time we were celebrating our five year (dating) anniversary. we sort of recreated what we did last year, and it was lovely.
    when we got into town, we ate outside at a great mexican restaurant called Sergio's and got amazing $3.50 frozen margaritas, then walked around all the cute little stores before getting ice cream at Graham's.
    for dinner we went to this place called Barrel + Rye, and one of the waitresses turned out to be someone i've known since i was 15 but haven't seen in almost ten years.
    in the morning on friday, we ate breakfast at Buttermilk, which was so good, and then went to an outlet mall so sarah could get some new clothes for her NEW JOB that she's starting two weeks from today!
    on saturday, one of our best friends came into town from michigan to see my band's (potentially) last show, which went swimmingly.
    yesterday, we had a nice lazy day (after getting up at 5:45 to take our friend to the train).

all in all, a great weekend.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I decided to ditch the years-old crap computer speakers I bought for like $15. I started by looking at some $30-$40 Logitech speakers on Amazon, I even thought I might get a sweet-ass 2.1 set up with a sub! After a few hours, I found myself on various audiophile forums thinking I might just buy a cheap (I was on a tight budget) set of studio monitors and a little amp.

Long story short, my packages arrived today with my new studio monitors and my new amp and holy shit. I was honestly really worried that I would be unimpressed because I don't have 'audiophile ears' and thought I might just be used to crappy sounding speakers and be underwhelmed by legit quality sound. How wrong I was. I am seriously impressed by this set-up. If this sounds so good to me, I honestly cannot imagine what some $200 or $500 or $1,000 set-ups could sound like.

I've been going through and listening to some of the FLAC in my library. Aenima and Hesitation Marks sound like whole new albums to me.

Stoked.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    on thursday, my wife (sarah) and i drove out to Geneva, a cute little town an hour or so from chicago, to stay at an adorable hotel called the Herrington Inn. we stayed there a year ago, too, but this time we were celebrating our five year (dating) anniversary. we sort of recreated what we did last year, and it was lovely.
    when we got into town, we ate outside at a great mexican restaurant called Sergio's and got amazing $3.50 frozen margaritas, then walked around all the cute little stores before getting ice cream at Graham's.
    for dinner we went to this place called Barrel + Rye, and one of the waitresses turned out to be someone i've known since i was 15 but haven't seen in almost ten years.
    in the morning on friday, we ate breakfast at Buttermilk, which was so good, and then went to an outlet mall so sarah could get some new clothes for her NEW JOB that she's starting two weeks from today!
    on saturday, one of our best friends came into town from michigan to see my band's (potentially) last show, which went swimmingly.
    yesterday, we had a nice lazy day (after getting up at 5:45 to take our friend to the train).

all in all, a great weekend.
    She got a new job! I remember you saying in several posts that she was super-unhappy. That's awesome!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    he's not your type. he looks nothing like @tony.parente

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Truth bombs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    tomorrow is my wife's last day at her job, and afterward we're going to Three Dots And A Dash (tiki bar we like) to celebrate. she gets a four day weekend and then starts her new job on monday. i am so proud of her for making it through the last few years of being miserable and for being strong enough to wait for this new, better opportunity to arise. she's getting a pay raise, better benefits, and instead of dealing with hundreds of people in a single office, she'll be dealing with three. i can't wait for her to not come home crying all the time, because she deserves to be happy.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    vanilla bean pods, cocoa, and the alchemy of baking.

humans who can hold space for other humans, an underrated and very powerful wee gift.

endurance.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    okay so i have this old, DEAR friend, but we haven't kicked it in awhile.
    he's always liked the finer things and doing a little bit of like throwing his money around.

So the other day he saw that i was still making music. And he said "dude, i went through a phase of buying hundreds of dollars worth of music production tools but then decided it wasn't for me. " then he asked for my address.

Today UPS brought me a fucking iPad with TWO HUNDRED music making apps for ios, an adapter for plugging in a guitar or mic, and a midi adapter.

I am speechless. This has got to be at LEAST $1000 worth of shit.

edit: oh hey, @Jinsai , this means i now have the Korg Gadget you suggested.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-17-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    i am in the process of choosing my d and d character. woop woop.
    leaning heavily toward paladin...lol!!!!
    ack. ok: bard, cleric, monk or paladin.
    possibly rogue.
    rofl.
    Last edited by Lew; 06-17-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    pride felt so different this year. i cried a lot.

big dipper killed it. thanks for coming to boise, dude.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Found and drank an Ecto Cooler for the first time in like...what? 20-25 years?! It's still a delicious green tangerine drink.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Found and drank an Ecto Cooler for the first time in like...what? 20-25 years?! It's still a delicious green tangerine drink.
    i made a cocktail the other night that LOOKED just like ecto cooler and tasted even better (gin, blue curacao, pineapple juice)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my upcoming album is getting closer and closer to completion. everyone who's working on it with me (all vocalists) keeps telling me how fun it is (especially compared to my older, gloomier/heavier stuff).

yesterday, my friend jon came to sing on a song for which he also wrote the lyrics, and it's so god damn sexy. it's basically a love letter to Adore Delano (the drag queen) which is amazing because he JUST got into drag race and before that was basically 100% straight, and now he's in love with a drag queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trustworthy people

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Iceland at Euro'16

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:49 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yesterday I was having a really bad day with my depression. It has gotten really bad as of late. Scary bad. And in probably the worst moment of the day, when I was feeling my lowest, I got a text message out of the blue from my best friend telling me that she was thinking about me and she missed me.

I cannot tell you how much I needed that. It was perfect, and it made me feel very lucky to have her in my life.
    Last edited by theruiner; 06-29-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    i'm usually really self conscious about my music... today I wrote the best song I will ever write.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What's it called?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What's it called?

I'm having a tough time figuring that out. I'm currently naming the project file "Cotton (the touch the feel the fabric of our lives)"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The Hazekiah V Jinsai conversations need to be chronicled. Two well-known ETSers going at it.... one in fury... one in positivity... This is one of the reasons why ETS can be awesome.