Page 100 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Taught my last class of the semester yesterday!
    After a tough but rewarding semester, I am ready to not teach...for a month.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Taught my last class of the semester yesterday!
    After a tough but rewarding semester, I am ready to not teach...for a month.
    I didn't know you were back to work teaching!! Awesome!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Every few weeks, I check my "filtered" folder for messages on OKC. Found a good one today.

Hi Kate, your nose is getting bigger and face getting smaller. Please eat lots of Veg. BTW, you are still the best looking Mexican. Ooh Lala Jalapeno.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I didn't know you were back to work teaching!! Awesome!!
    It's a one year position, and I am currently waiting to see if they renew me.
    I am ambivalent about returning back to work...obviously we need the money, but I am not sure this is what I want to do anymore.
    My students' writing is TERRIBLE.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit .....
    Last edited by kel; 08-19-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    my husband was admitted to the hospital for four days for a plethora of reasons after some disturbing blood tests. they found blood clots, an enlarged liver, etc. what cheered me up was how accommodating my management team was. they gave me the week off, no questions asked, and called/texted regularly to check on him (us). and they are almost all lds (mormon).

really good people at the woodbury corp.
    hope your husband is ok!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Snowed in in the texas panhandle, with the power out. Bundled up in blankets and reading books by candlelight.
    It's quaint and romantic.

EDIT: i sure hope this snow and ice melts, because i have to go 90 miles to get my psych meds tomorrow afternoon. And this clinic likes to say "oh, no, sorry, we don't have anything for a MONTH." :/

If i don't get them, i'm avoiding ets and facebook until i do
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-14-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    spent four hours yesterday setting up everything in the garage so my band could record ten songs.

today, we knocked out all ten songs in less than six hours, and for a live-studio, single-room recording, they sound fantastic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry, i'm too excited to limit this to one thread

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Taking off the nostalgia goggles every once in a while. It has helped me appreciate and even enjoy things that I otherwise wouldn't have, or increased appreciation and enjoyment that was already there to start with as it also helped me discover other ways to have fun with it mentally and emotionally.

Giving birthday presents and Christmas presents whenever such opportunities are actually feasible.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-18-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I have been sans dryer for the last two months, but no more! Finally buckled down and bought a new one (well, my wife made me) and I forgot how nice it was to just be able to dry a load of laundry instead of hang drying everything.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Little things that cheer you up.

Otter baby cheers me up
    <iframe width="635" height="500" src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/2E2eJC/nbcNewsOffsite?guid=tdy_news_otter_151221" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, Christmas Eve is the slowest day of the year for us (I work at a call center). It's been insanely busy for months, back to back calls, more stressful than usual (which is saying something), just crazy busy every single day with no break. But today? Today is ridiculous. I'm at about an hour between calls. Which means that I get to sit here all day and get paid to cruise the internet, read a book and chat with my coworkers. That's my day today. I get to relax and do the same thing I'd be doing at home, only I get paid for it. I'll take maybe 6 or 7 calls during my entire eight hour shift. It's awesome.

Hopefully, they'll let us go home early. I remember a couple years ago they let us go home after only a couple of hours because it was so slow. Last year we went home an hour early (still better than nothing!) Even if they don't, this is going to be the most relaxing, enjoyable day of work I've had all year.

And, on top of that, next week is my last week in this department. I was hired for claims, so I'll be starting there in a little over a week. Next week is my last week on the phones, and after almost three and a half years in the call center (which I've hated every second of) I am insanely happy to be going somewhere else, with a raise, no less. And it's a three day weekend and we get another three day weekend next week. After today I only have four more days on the phones and then I'm done. Forever. And that is a great feeling.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So, Christmas Eve is the slowest day of the year for us (I work at a call center). It's been insanely busy for months, back to back calls, more stressful than usual (which is saying something), just crazy busy every single day with no break. But today? Today is ridiculous. I'm at about an hour between calls. Which means that I get to sit here all day and get paid to cruise the internet, read a book and chat with my coworkers. That's my day today. I get to relax and do the same thing I'd be doing at home, only I get paid for it. I'll take maybe 6 or 7 calls during my entire eight hour shift. It's awesome.

Hopefully, they'll let us go home early. I remember a couple years ago they let us go home after only a couple of hours because it was so slow. Last year we went home an hour early (still better than nothing!) Even if they don't, this is going to be the most relaxing, enjoyable day of work I've had all year.

And, on top of that, next week is my last week in this department. I was hired for claims, so I'll be starting there in a little over a week. Next week is my last week on the phones, and after almost three and a half years in the call center (which I've hated every second of) I am insanely happy to be going somewhere else, with a raise, no less. And it's a three day weekend and we get another three day weekend next week. After today I only have four more days on the phones and then I'm done. Forever. And that is a great feeling.
    Solidarity with fellow call center workers.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Seeing the gym packed as FUCK on Christmas Eve. I love it, and I love all these people.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, man. I've been bummed because my brother who lives in Hong Kong is back in Nebraska for the holidays, and I wasn't going to be able to go... I hadn't gotten paid for a long ass time, and then when I did, the tickets were about $800. An It's Complicatedfriend is buying half of my ticket to go back home to see everyone. He was already one of my favorite people. I'm so happy that I'm crying.

Now my brother is scheming how to pick me up at the airport, show up to where my mom and step dad will be watching the football game that night without telling them that I'm coming. I'm excited.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post

Add me to the call center workers list. I work overnights for a telecom company and half my nights are like that, but when it sucks it SUCKS.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Christmas is over. Having spent the last two days alone with basically nothing to besides go out walking in the ghost town of down town I'm oddly excited about not being the (seemingly) only man on the streets. Also next week on my day off I can do some shopping without the need of a straight jacket.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i'm relatively sure it will be slow at work today, i can get some thinking and drawing done.
    I GOT IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT FIGURED OOOOOOOOOUT!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i saw aurora borealis on christmas night.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    had a lovely x-mas spread out over a couple days and got some wonderful gifts (i'll be posting all of my vinyl acquisitions in the vinyl collectors thread), including these adorable doctor who slippers from my wife:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Spending christmas money on a bunch of books.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'll be working at a booth at NAMM this year doing tech demos. I've actually never been to the convention but always wanted to go, so that's a great intro

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Little things that cheer you up"

When what I work on is finished, and it is good, like today, and I leave work with a good feeling. I had some jobs before where I would go to work in the morning thinking "what on earth am I going to do with this technical problem, kill me...". Now I get the text files, close Outlook, focus, and step by step work on them, do not talk to me, leave me alone, I know what I am doing. :-) I actually love this part, I know what to do, and I think I am pretty good and fast and precise at it. This part has to be deleted for this market, this has different footer, here no mention of social media, here no Cortana, insert unbreakable spaces, activate images, force country codes, update tracker... wow, it is dark outside again? :-) Then comes testing and market reviews and whathaveyou, but in the end, there is something finished and working. I like to have jobs (edit: should be "tasks" I think? here comes test review, heh) which can be finished in a few days.
    Last edited by Substance242; 12-30-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

fixing the link for baby otter cheer

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's my parents' 49th wedding anniversary. I think that's pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    We (dallas) beat the SHIT out of the warriors. How's my dirk taste, golden state?

i don't care that steph curry wasn't playing. i said we were gonna win this game before i knew he was out and we did.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    2015 is almost over

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, it's my Friday, I have a three day weekend, it's payday, it's my last day on the phones, we're SUPER slow and the calls I have received have been ridiculously easy and I'm meeting a friend tonight to see "The Hateful Eight" in 70mm.

I don't have too many really good days but this is definitely one of them. Did I mention this is my last day on the phones? I've been in this department for almost three and a half years and I'm finally getting off the phones. And I'm getting a raise to boot. I couldn't have asked for a better last day, either- I'm sitting here cruising the internet and getting paid for it. So great.