Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: With Teeth - The Company

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I loved his version of Suspiria, haha. I mean, nothing can touch the original but that was so wild to see at the theater. I liked Bones and All, too and I'm excited to see Challengers just because of how the score was described. Hearing good things about it though!
    I didn't realize he did the Suspiria remake. I thought that was great too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i watched call me by your name and bones and all and they both felt like they don’t carry any weight, they just are. it feels like he’s just trying to be deep and artsy but can’t make a fulfilling movie to me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

With Teeth - The Company

The company names (AWITHA TEETHUH) still look like they’ve been left out of the British article.

Even if this is does feel a departure from the free nature of previous NIN releases (a la The Slip, most recent Ghosts, The Gift etc) I’m still excited for what’s next.

edit: scratch that, I’ve just realised it’s more likely we’ll see a pattern of fairer releases if it’s TR/AR owned. At least I hope so.
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 04-05-2024 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I'll bite; why is he a hack? Honestly asking, I have no opinion on him one way or the other except I saw Call Me By Your Name and thought it was pretty good. Haven't seen anything else he's done though.
    I find him to be incredibly self serious/important while he makes some pretty shallow and cliched films.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Loving all this news - excited for the future!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Super pumped about the playing the scores live. Also cool to see them curate a festival. Not exactly where I’d like to see both things collide, as smaller intimate venues would be better to showcase that work but whatever. I’m there.

And NIN isn’t dead! even if there are ton of business venture distractions on the horizon, I understand the need to explore some of that and it’s all good as long as it brings him back to wanting NIN again.

All in all a fairly exciting article, although you kind of have to figure since so much was covered not everything will pan out.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Bruv lounging seductively. I can't unsee it.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 4.52.26 PM copy.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    Super pumped about the playing the scores live. Also cool to see them curate a festival. Not exactly where I’d like to see both things collide, as smaller intimate venues would be better to showcase that work but whatever. I’m there.

And NIN isn’t dead! even if there are ton of business venture distractions on the horizon, I understand the need to explore some of that and it’s all good as long as it brings him back to wanting NIN again.

All in all a fairly exciting article, although you kind of have to figure since so much was covered not everything will pan out.
    Festivals like Cold Waves and Substance were housed in The Mayan Theater and Globe Theatre respectively. Maybe this will be in the same vein.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus looking like they're set to be on an episode of Sprockets

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    These images seem appropriate if you put things in context. Long absence, With Teeth album announcement, and we got this extreme (temporary) image/fashion at the time: https://www.deviantart.com/redderz/a...eznor-17996436

Today… long absence, With Teeth company announcement, and… black goo in the mouth with 90’s necklaces and pinkie rings. Another buzz cut on the horizon?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Is this like that time Deftones had a bunch of beers and stuff? It's just a series of brand collaborations or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just hope we can get the With_Teeth and Year Zero definitive vinyl releases finally before they start putting all their time into this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    I just hope we can get the With_Teeth and Year Zero definitive vinyl releases finally before they start putting all their time into this.
    Year Zero with hi-res PDF or book of Exhibit24

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Technically the With Teeth definitive dropped in 2019, unless you meant the Slip? I hope those two drop at the same time cause Year Zero is the only one I have no interest in picking up lol

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Shit, I'm just glad stuff's happening

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I read all of that, and am kind of baffled, honestly?

When the author says "show in production and film with Mike Flanagan," are we talking like, participating in WRITING the tv show, or scoring it?

Is this "Queer" movie an adaptation of the William S. Burroughs book? I fucking loved that one, and Junkie, (and Cities of the Red Night and The Place of Dead Roads and such, but Junkie and Queer were just so fucking...STARK).

Also, these nine inch nails stories...are they to occur in the NIN Metaverse or whatever the fuck? I thought the whole ass metaverse thing was something from Zuckerberg's home planet or whatever, especially due to that one time he tried REALLY hard to seem human when he explained it, and i commended him for the effort, but still, i didn't understand.

NIN stories/not a biopic: i always thought there was some DAMN good story potential in the video for This Isn't the Place, with that machine, where, perhaps, all of NIN was perhaps some grand simulation all along or something.

It sounds like Trent and Atticus don't know exactly what it is they're doing, honestly, but no matter what, i'm with @Shadaloo , in that i'm just glad stuff's happening.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    When the author says "show in production and film with Mike Flanagan," are we talking like, participating in WRITING the tv show, or scoring it?
    It sounds like they might be producing those things, not necessarily scoring them, although who can say for sure at this point.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    One of the upcoming Flangan projects is Amazon's Dark Tower series. If TR/AR have ANYTHING to do with that...oh goodness...

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    One of the upcoming Flangan projects is Amazon's Dark Tower series. If TR/AR have ANYTHING to do with that...oh goodness...
    That crossed my mind, but i didn't wan't to mention it.

LoTR was the unadaptable thing for my father, and he got to see it. Meanwhile, i was ok with the cartoon.

And i fear that the Dark Tower thing won't happen.

But, if it DOES, and TR/AR are involved...shit, i can likely die happy when it's over.

Sorry for drifty drift, but, it was mentioned, so...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    And i fear that the Dark Tower thing won't happen.
    It was definitely in limbo for a few years, when Amazon cancelled their initial pilot, but the the latest update is that Flanagan acquired the rights in December 2022. Considering the size of the thing, and the fact that he also was busy with finishing up The Fall of House of Usher*, it's a bit too soon to bury it (again).

*now that new remix of Closer that was done specifically for the show makes more sense

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It sounds like they might be producing those things, not necessarily scoring them, although who can say for sure at this point.
    YEAR ZERO Streaming series, here we go!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    With all the recent pics of TR/AR and Hideo Kojima... Imagin a RPG video game based in the world of Year Zero. Of course, scored by TR/AR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anybody else hoping that their collab with Epic will include TR/AR Fortnite skins?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want Trent and Saul Williams to write a treatment for a tv series together.