Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2024

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    JMJ and Robin were at Alessandro's LA show last night.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4CY_PWr12d/
    Me the other day: Oh yeah, I should remember to go to that.

Me seeing this post: Whoops.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Doing a deep clean of my garage, and I found this, I probably did it in 1996 iirc

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Huh. The Woodstock mud fight was planned. Honestly not surprised.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Huh. The Woodstock mud fight was planned. Honestly not surprised.
    The fact that it was planned doesn't make it any less cool...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    What was the old legend again? that they just tripped into mud on the way to the stage?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What was the old legend again? that they just tripped into mud on the way to the stage?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The fact that it was planned doesn't make it any less cool...
    For sure. The fact that it was calculated makes it even more impressive.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    What an incredible moment to capture on tape.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What I've learned reading old interviews is to be successful is to be constantly on media's lips. Courtney Love was an expert at it, and it's how she was so successful in the industry, appearing at every event and pre-planning everything about her life. Remember "three inch nails", yeah, that was her creating buzz that she somehow slept with TR, positive or negative buzz. False narrative is still narrative, even if they were just friends.

It still holds true, but the mysticism is not blurry anymore with everything captured in social media.

That said, the fact that Mudstock was planned is so damn cool! There were dozens of artists there, and TR had the smarts to know that to win the audience is to be the audience.
    Last edited by shagg_187; 03-07-2024 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    He was ahead of his time and he knew it, what i found funny about the video is the "bashing" of Henry Rollins, lol

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    David Crosby coming in clutch with the mayonaise is really what made the performance so legendary, but, it gets buried in the lead.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's so cool to see all this footage that she is uploading, such an intimate peak behind the curtain of such an important moment for the band. Finding out that the mud was planned, not just something happening on a whim, shows just how smart Trent was about this performance. He knew how to steal the spotlight from the other bands playing, and it certainly worked. Fast forward 30 years, NIN's performance is still one of the most iconic moments of the festival.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't find if anyone caught this the first time around, but I spotted it reposted on Facebook...

Apparently 'Levitating' was the track that made Trent cry (re Rick Rubin podcast)
    Here's the post he commented on

it was Levitating. Her execution was spot on and when she got to the “sugarboo” line it broke me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I think this is a new pro shot of terrible lie from Lollapalooza chile like ten years ago

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I love their cover of 1,200 Balloons, Dalmatians, and Miles.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was watching this documentary about scores titled, uh, Score, and Trent & Atticus are interviewed. It was filmed in 2016/released in 2017 so it's not new but searching for "Score" was kind of a fool's errand, apologies if already posted.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Mariqueen linked to GQ about TR/AR getting their Creativity reward.

Bonus JB Smoove.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://www.behindthegallery.com.au/...ownward-spiral << signed photo prints for sale

JONATHAN RACH

NINE INCH NAILS, THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of their iconic album, ‘The DownwardSpiral’, we have collaborated with award-winning documentary and feature film writer/director Jonathan Rach,who captured Nine Inch Nails’ era-defining photography during their 1994-97 extensive global tour.

• Where: 524 Flinders Street, Melbourne, VIC
    • When: 6th - 10th March 2024
    • The Downward Spiral’ Album Release Anniversary Friday 8th March
    • Artist Talk on Saturday 9th March 12:30-2pm
    • Opening Hours
    • Wed: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
    • Thur: 10:30 - 6pm
    • Fri - 10:30 - Late
    • Sat: 10:30 - 4pm
    • Sun: 10:30 - 3pm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    It's been shared by official NIN social media. Is this really spotting? And you also posted it in the appropriate TDS 30th thread...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    It's been shared by official NIN social media. Is this really spotting? And you also posted it in the appropriate TDS 30th thread...
    To be fair, I'm the one who duplicated the post into the TDS 30th thread, because it seemed relevant there also.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...t-songs-ranked

Some obvious placements, some controversial omissions. Nice pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still frequently seek out information about old school Nothing Records stuff, and I found an old zine from '92 that mentions an unreleased Trent Reznor remix. Page 21 of the pdf has a section about the Warner Distribution deal for 4AD, and claims that the reissue of Queer from The Wolfgang Press was going to have a Reznor remix of their song "Kansas." On the one hand, that song is on Bird Wood Cage, so the information is a little dubious. On the other hand, I've seen other sources that reference Reznor remixing TWP, and there definitely was some connection (Object Merch had a deal with TWP at one point.) If there was anything that he worked on, I'd love to hear it (along with a Goldie remix of The Perfect Drug, and a Timbaland remix of The Hand That Feeds, just for fun).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...e_skateboards/

Looks like a merch collaboration with Welcome Skateboards is dropping next week. Welcome has done official collaborations with Avenged Sevenfold, AFI, and MCR in the past, so this is likely legit.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqhanlon View Post
    I still frequently seek out information about old school Nothing Records stuff, and I found an old zine from '92 that mentions an unreleased Trent Reznor remix. Page 21 of the pdf has a section about the Warner Distribution deal for 4AD, and claims that the reissue of Queer from The Wolfgang Press was going to have a Reznor remix of their song "Kansas." On the one hand, that song is on Bird Wood Cage, so the information is a little dubious. On the other hand, I've seen other sources that reference Reznor remixing TWP, and there definitely was some connection (Object Merch had a deal with TWP at one point.) If there was anything that he worked on, I'd love to hear it (along with a Goldie remix of The Perfect Drug, and a Timbaland remix of The Hand That Feeds, just for fun).
    There are mentions on USENET of a TWP remix as early as 1993:
    https://groups.google.com/g/rec.musi...m/7z7q8qzq-mMJ

There's research here that says "A 1995 issue of Musician Magazine includes TWP in a list of bands that Reznor has remixed." Also, "in 1995, guitarist Andrew Gray casually mentioned spending time at the Sharon Tate house and having "connections with Reznor." The Tate mansion was only used from 1992-1993., so a visit then would line up with the SLUG magazine timeline of doing the remix.

Here's another article that mentions a TWP remix: http://www.nin-pages.de/1995_Goldmin...st_english.htm

It's reported enough in the press that it seems like something probably happened, but it remains unreleased.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...t-songs-ranked

Some obvious placements, some controversial omissions. Nice pic.
    Huh, last time they did something like this I had to write my own article in disgusted response (ignore the clickbaity title, but I was fuming - https://medium.com/@edtownendcdf/nin...t-db2b5f7c7f5d )

Apart from the obvious top spots it’s quite a good effort in understanding the band…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    There's research here that says "A 1995 issue of Musician Magazine includes TWP in a list of bands that Reznor has remixed." Also, "in 1995, guitarist Andrew Gray casually mentioned spending time at the Sharon Tate house and having "connections with Reznor." The Tate mansion was only used from 1992-1993., so a visit then would line up with the SLUG magazine timeline of doing the remix.

It's reported enough in the press that it seems like something probably happened, but it remains unreleased.
    Hey, look! It's my old Tumblr. Good thinking on connecting the timeline. I hadn't thought that part through. One more piece of evidence I've seen connecting The Wolfgang Press with Nothing was a mention in the 4AD book, Facing the Other Way. Just a brief note that Trent had tried to get John Malm to be their manager, but they didn't think it would work to have a stateside manager. Clearly there was contact; hopefully someone releases the remix someday.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    snippet of a new unearthed 1994 audio interview, full interview to be released in the next few weeks:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In HEALTH's latest Instagram reel from their US tour King Yosef is wearing a NIN shirt.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4oTm...A2ZzE4emcydA==

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://ibb.co/TMm4hkH

New teaser on discord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wtf is this? some festival or a collab? that welcome font is so metal which makes me think it’s not an album