Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 605

Thread: Mike Patton

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/fai...any-new-music/

    So dissapointingly, they've 'no plans to record any new music' right now. Instead finally feeling comfortable to go out and just play the old stuff once more.

    Quite a shame really as they seemed to make the smartest move at the end of that original reunion tour, when they recognised that it was beginning to wear thin just touring the old albums, and that new stuff had to come into play to make further reunion activity viable.

    Also quite sad given it wasn't that long ago Roddy was saying how some of the guys occasionally meet up and jam on new stuff to work out what's coming next. Hopefully the tour will change their minds.
    Mind you they were saying something similar last time around and then they started playing Matador.
    I remember there being an interview from about Sol Invictus where they said they had song recorded for that album that they were saving or something.

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    new tetema in April. Hell fuckin yeah. Loved the 1st album.


  3. #573
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,723
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    new tetema in April. Hell fuckin yeah. Loved the 1st album.
    i also loved the first album but i already like this song more than anything that was on that! hot damn

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    435
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking the other day about his vocal performance on this one, so I'll put it here for anyone who's never heard it.


  5. #575
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    One great big festering neon distraction....
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, it looks like more tix have just been released on AXS for all three LA Bungle dates.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've been on a Living Color trip lately and thought about how much young Mike Patton's voice reminds me of Corey Glover's.

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,628
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Huge announcement coming Monday involving Faith No More, KoRn and System of a down. Rumored North American tour. Holy smokes.
    That's gonna be a HUGE tour. I'm not holding my breath for Canadain dates, since we've been getting the shaft on every tour this year, but if there's 1 and only 1 show that comes to town, god, I hope it's this!

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The Korn guys might not wanna read all the interviews Mike Patton has given over the years where he said how much he hates them. Roddy also has trashed Korn in interviews....Should be interesting...

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Huge announcement coming Monday involving Faith No More, KoRn and System of a down. Rumored North American tour. Holy smokes.
    That's gonna be a HUGE tour. I'm not holding my breath for Canadain dates, since we've been getting the shaft on every tour this year, but if there's 1 and only 1 show that comes to town, god, I hope it's this!
    That's quite a line up. FNM is really the only one of them I'm interested in seeing these days though, and something tells me they'd be the opening act, which would be disappointing.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,691
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The Korn guys might not wanna read all the interviews Mike Patton has given over the years where he said how much he hates them. Roddy also has trashed Korn in interviews....Should be interesting...
    Money talks, and Mike Patton isnt immune to wanting to put as much coin into his bank account (and the other band members) as possible. Wasn’t that long ago that Trent had to answer some awkward questions about Chris Cornell and the Soundgarden tour.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,628
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Money talks, and Mike Patton isnt immune to wanting to put as much coin into his bank account (and the other band members) as possible. Wasn’t that long ago that Trent had to answer some awkward questions about Chris Cornell and the Soundgarden tour.
    Yeah, people tend to put their differences aside as they get older.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,628
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    That's quite a line up. FNM is really the only one of them I'm interested in seeing these days though, and something tells me they'd be the opening act, which would be disappointing.
    Well, Helmut is on the bill as well, apparently. So I bet it'll be Helmut opening, system headlining with KoRn and FNM sandwiched between. Could see them alternating spots depending on the night. But if I had to guess... FNM would probably be on before KoRn.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,810
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    might just be a festival....Houston Open Air possibly.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,628
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm hearing festival too. That's unfortunate. Would have been a kick-ass traveling arena show.

    I was going through comments on a post I saw somewhere, and there is a festival which mascot is a spaceman. So... people are thinking all the spaceman posts from all the bands point to playing that festival. (Don't remember the name of it. If I come across it again, I'll edit my post)

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterrey, México
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There are rumors that all these images are related to Northside festival in Monterrey, the town where I live. Although I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that these images refer to this festival. The following image is from a video played at the 2016 edition of the festival:

  16. #586
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,628
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    There are rumors that all these images are related to Northside festival in Monterrey, the town where I live. Although I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that these images refer to this festival. The following image is from a video played at the 2016 edition of the festival:
    I donno, the spaceman seems to be in the exact same position in this image that he is in the image being shared by all the band's. I'd say you just solved the mystery Sherlock!

    EDIT: Ding, Ding, Ding. Right on the money sir:

    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-03-2020 at 01:43 AM.

  17. #587
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    On what planet does Faith No More open for Korn and SOAD? Thats as bad as when NIN opened for that shithole band Janes Addiction in 09

  18. #588
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,628
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    On what planet does Faith No More open for Korn and SOAD? Thats as bad as when NIN opened for that shithole band Janes Addiction in 09
    Did NIN open for JA? It's been so long lol, I don't even remember. I went to that show too. Come to think of it, you're right. But honestly. It's better that way. Good band first and then you can leave. I stuck around for 1-2 songs of JA to see what the fuss was and boy oh boy do they ever suck. I hit the merch booth on the way out with no line-up lol.

  19. #589
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Did NIN open for JA? It's been so long lol, I don't even remember. I went to that show too. Come to think of it, you're right. But honestly. It's better that way. Good band first and then you can leave. I stuck around for 1-2 songs of JA to see what the fuss was and boy oh boy do they ever suck. I hit the merch booth on the way out with no line-up lol.
    There is a long interview with Eric Avery after he quit Jane's for the second time where he airs out their dirty laundry.
    It is really good. It even touches on the recording of the failed Jane's album that they were trying to record with Trent.


    Anyhow. Trent wanted NIN to open for JA because he wanted to make these shows an even that weren't just "another leg of the NIN tour with another band opening"

  20. #590
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone going to the Bungle shows in CA the next few days? I'm going in NYC on Monday, but I'm flying down there Saturday. Hoping for someone to take pics of merch tonight or tomorrow as I'm curious if I should bring a poster tube for a show poster if there is one.

    EDIT: I see now that there will be a different poster for each night of the tour. 75 unsigned and 50 signed. Would still appreciate merch pics though!
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 02-05-2020 at 03:56 PM.

  21. #591
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    One great big festering neon distraction....
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Would still appreciate merch pics though!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8NkRhlBcWV/

  22. #592
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Last night’s Bungle show in Brooklyn was a ton of fun. It was loud and fast and heavy and I don’t think I’ve ever seen Patton scream so much in one show before. He seemed like he might be getting a little hoarse when he talked, but you couldn’t tell in the performance. Harley Flanagan from the Cro-Mags also joined them on stage for a song, which was pretty great.

    A post shared by on


  23. #593
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

  24. #594
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Duane may wanna tell Mike that hes working on a new album lol because I know for a fact Denison gave Patton an entire albums worth of songs to record vocals for in like 2017 and Mike just put them away on the shelf and never got around to it.....So I wonder if these are the same songs or if Denison said 'fuck it' and started all over again.......With Faith No More, Dead Cross and now Bungle all operating, I think Tomahawk is starting to fade a bit into Fantomas and Peeping Tom territory for Mike.

  25. #595
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tomahawk should've stopped after Anonymous. That was a pretty flawless trilogy. Oddfellows is not great by comparison.

  26. #596
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,032
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Somebody posted these news one or two years ago and got me fairly excited. I'm excited again as Tomahawk is my favorite Patton project (as far as conistency goes) and I'd love to hear more, but most importantly, see that shit live!

    My Patton-live history is rather limited with Fantomas, FNM and Dead Cross. I need more!

  27. #597
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,723
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    My Patton-live history is rather limited with Fantomas, FNM and Dead Cross. I need more!
    i saw fantomas when they were touring on suspended animation, tomahawk when they were touring on oddfellows, and dead cross at riot fest in 2017. all three were incredible, but tomahawk was definitely the best.

  28. #598
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    990
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Did NIN open for JA? It's been so long lol, I don't even remember. I went to that show too. Come to think of it, you're right. But honestly. It's better that way. Good band first and then you can leave. I stuck around for 1-2 songs of JA to see what the fuss was and boy oh boy do they ever suck. I hit the merch booth on the way out with no line-up lol.
    At the show I saw (London O2 Arena), JA opened for NIN, which sucked because it was a full set. Boring as heck.

    I actually thought that there was a lot of love for JA here. Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't get it.

  29. #599
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,240
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Faith No More and Korn are going on tour.

    https://pitchfork.com/news/faith-no-...announce-tour/

  30. #600
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterrey, México
    Posts
    657
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Faith No More and Korn are going on tour.

    https://pitchfork.com/news/faith-no-...announce-tour/
    Someone here mentioned this already...funny how they are touring together, given all the shit FNM has said towards Korn years ago. I guess people grow up and set their differences aside?

Posting Permissions