Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Some of Becks old band members are playing on this record as well *Smokey and Justin*.....I doubt Patton will tour it because he is already planning on a the next Dead Cross and Tomahawk albums so this may be strictly studio
    A new Tomahawk record? What? Best news of the week! Any more information on that?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    album of the year is the best FNM album. fight me.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Not the worst take I've seen, it's fantastic...

I think we often love the album the most that we discovered a band through... for me, my first FNM was King for a Day, and it still has a special place in my heart, although I love all of them. For AIC it was Jar of Flies, STP Purple, for Therapy? it was Infernal Love... and so on. These "first" albums will always stand out.
    Funny enough, this doesn't hold with NIN, I think because I discovered it in one big chunk (at the time it was just PHM, Broken and TDS)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Not the worst take I've seen, it's fantastic...

I think we often love the album the most that we discovered a band through... for me, my first FNM was King for a Day, and it still has a special place in my heart, although I love all of them. For AIC it was Jar of Flies, STP Purple, for Therapy? it was Infernal Love... and so on. These "first" albums will always stand out.
    Funny enough, this doesn't hold with NIN, I think because I discovered it in one big chunk (at the time it was just PHM, Broken and TDS)

The Real Thing was the first album I heard from them but I get bored easily with it. AOTY is just a solid album start to finish.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    A new Tomahawk record? What? Best news of the week! Any more information on that?
    Denison posted stuff up on instagram a year or so ago talking about being in the studio recording with Trevor Dunn and Stanier....Mike has also dropped hints in interviews about it....Nothing "official" has been announced but the writing seems to be on the wall for next year.....

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I won't fight you, but it's second best...

First is "King for a day..."

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Denison posted stuff up on instagram a year or so ago talking about being in the studio recording with Trevor Dunn and Stanier....Mike has also dropped hints in interviews about it....Nothing "official" has been announced but the writing seems to be on the wall for next year.....
    Oh man, nice! That would be killer!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You're not wrong. It's a good album and has a lot great sounds on it. It does have its share of filler Helpless kinda drags on and on. Mouth to Mouth has a lame chorus. What the hell is up with Home Sick Home? It's nice to hear keyboards again after the guitar-centric KFAD... which ironically had a kind of weak guitar sound.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The infamous story about AOTY is Patton went on tour with Bungle and came back 6 months later and they had like 10 or so songs written without him and he thought the songs were all shit and that they were too commercial sounding so he refused to sing on most of them so he they had to start from scratch and write a whole new batch of songs. That alone almost blew the band up. I think Ashes To Ashes and Last Cup Of Sorrow were the only 2 to survive from those initial writing sessions which makes me wonder how great the rest of the songs were considering those are the 2 best songs on the album

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    am i alone in thinking that Angel Dust is the best album? AOTY is fantastic and i do love it (totally agree that Ashes To Ashes & Last Cup Of Sorrow are the two best) but Angel Dust will always be my #1

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    am i alone in thinking that Angel Dust is the best album? AOTY is fantastic and i do love it (totally agree that Ashes To Ashes & Last Cup Of Sorrow are the two best) but Angel Dust will always be my #1
    Angel Dust is to FNM what The Fragile is to NIN....Its the cool arty choice for their best album....And my personal favorite album of all time

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    You're not alone at moments i think "Angel Dust" is the best album, but some days i lean to "King for a day..."; either way those two albums are the best of FNM for me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There have been a number of 20th year articles online about Mr. Bungle's California recently. In one of them Ipecac Records co-owner Greg Werckman says that Ipecac is working on reissuing the 3 Bungle albums, with bonus materials. He also says he'd love to officially release the 4 demos, but that's up to the band.

http://www.faithnomorefollowers.com/...iblity-of.html

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    There have been a number of 20th year articles online about Mr. Bungle's California recently. In one of them Ipecac Records co-owner Greg Werckman says that Ipecac is working on reissuing the 3 Bungle albums, with bonus materials. He also says he'd love to officially release the 4 demos, but that's up to the band.

I like the part where he said that a reunion is not out of the realm of possibility.

I recently have been listening to a lot of California and Disco Volante and think that Danny Heifetz is an underrated drummer. He never does anything too flashy but his ability to play solidly through all the genre hopping and musical curve balls put him up there in the upper echelon for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'd love to get excited by this, but there's been rumblings of Bungle reissues for YEARS now. I wish it were true, I'd love to get rid of my shitty Bungle pressings. Still feel incredibly lucky to have seen them on the California tour. It was quite a sight to see a room full of people moshing to "Chemical Marriage."

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Keep hope alive! From May 2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Fingers crossed that they do this for Mr. Bungle somewhere down the road...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No idea what this means, but it's fun to speculate

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Oh shit. Bungle reunion!

Last edited by otnavuskire; 08-13-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just saw this. Can anyone imagine any other band reuniting after nearly 20 years to perform their high school demo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Presumably this means they’re going to officially release the demos to promote this, and any other shows they may do. Those things have been bootlegged and shared so much they might as well make some money off the people eager for anything new from the band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Presumably this means they’re going to officially release the demos to promote this, and any other shows they may do. Those things have been bootlegged and shared so much they might as well make some money off the people eager for anything new from the band.

I would be shocked. They seem to be embarrassed by their ska funk phase of the late 80s. Even Wraging Wrath they admit was amateurish because they were still in HS when they did it.....OU818 being remastered and released officially would be sick though

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I recall an interview by the other guy who runs Ipecac (Greg) saying there is plans for the demo tapes to be reissued next year on Ipecac, probably on vinyl as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would be shocked. They seem to be embarrassed by their ska funk phase of the late 80s. Even Wraging Wrath they admit was amateurish because they were still in HS when they did it.....OU818 being remastered and released officially would be sick though
    They were embarrassed by most of the material on the self-titled album by the time it came out because they had been playing some of those songs for years and had moved on musically. But Dunn has posted various times about putting out unreleased material, and Greg Werckman has said he’d love for Ipecac to release the demos. The band changed the banner photo on their Facebook page to a clear image of the Raging Wrath cover, which is interesting to see what it actually is after all these years of bad photocopies.

I’m just looking for a way to give them some money since it’s very unlikely I’m going to see any of the shows in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I mean, they’re gonna be performing the demo at these performances. Seems strange to play it live with only a poor quality bootleg available.

Also, I wonder how one gets in on the artist presale on Thursday. Hopefully they just post the codes somewhere.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 08-13-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I just can't picture Ipecac reissuing a 1986 demo recorded on shitty 4 track from when they were teenagers...Patton couldnt even sing yet when they recorded that....The 87 demo (Bowel of Chiley) was also really raw.....Maybe they reissue the 88 and 89 demos because those were much more professional and Patton had his singing voice by then....I know there are B sides from the 91 album and Disco Volante but they have been hinting at releasing those for over a decade with nothing plus Warner Brothers will probably be a bitch to deal with to get the rights for those....

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    AMEX presale for NYC sold out instantly. Still trying in hopes that someone with tickets in their cart doesn't check out. If that doesn't work, then I'll hope the band releases a code for the artist presale tomorrow.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    AMEX presale for NYC sold out instantly. Still trying in hopes that someone with tickets in their cart doesn't check out. If that doesn't work, then I'll hope the band releases a code for the artist presale tomorrow.
    Check the Mr Bungle Twitter and IG.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Check the Mr Bungle Twitter and IG.
    Yup, already on top of that. Thanks!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Man, what a joke this ticket system is. There's a waiting room that opens up 15 minutes before tickets go on sale. But apparently it doesn't preserve any kind of order. A friend of mine got in the waiting room just after I did, and got tickets. I struck out. I'm seeing online that some people got into the waiting room 5 minutes or even just 1 minute before tickets were on sale and had success.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This whole move is so baffling and funny that only Mr. Bungle could do this. Get together for 3 shows only, to play their high school demo--which has never really been commercially available while they've had any semblance of popularity. I hope that a re-release is imminent, along with their other demos and the studio albums (maybe there's extras, bonus stuff, etc.?).

The demo is only ~30min of material, so I have to assume that unless they're going to rip everyone off badly, they're going to play a selection of other songs from the catalog too. Anyone want to take some guesses as to which songs could see the light of day? I'm hoping that with California's 20th anniversary recently that songs like Air-Conditioned Nightmare, Retrovertigo, or None of them Knew make the cut. Considering the style of material from the demo, we'll probably get a song or 2 from Disco Volante.

Also, I hope they record and release (audio, video, or both) of these concerts for the thousands of us that have no way to see these shows.