Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    He did not.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    They should have called Dyke Faggon...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Mike Patton and Jean-Claude Vannier have a new album coming out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Mike Patton and Jean-Claude Vannier have a new album coming out.

Kind of reminds me of Pattons Mondo Cane album which I LOVE. This may be worth keeping an eye on.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Some of Becks old band members are playing on this record as well *Smokey and Justin*.....I doubt Patton will tour it because he is already planning on a the next Dead Cross and Tomahawk albums so this may be strictly studio

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Some of Becks old band members are playing on this record as well *Smokey and Justin*.....I doubt Patton will tour it because he is already planning on a the next Dead Cross and Tomahawk albums so this may be strictly studio
    A new Tomahawk record? What? Best news of the week! Any more information on that?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    album of the year is the best FNM album. fight me.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Not the worst take I've seen, it's fantastic...

I think we often love the album the most that we discovered a band through... for me, my first FNM was King for a Day, and it still has a special place in my heart, although I love all of them. For AIC it was Jar of Flies, STP Purple, for Therapy? it was Infernal Love... and so on. These "first" albums will always stand out.
    Funny enough, this doesn't hold with NIN, I think because I discovered it in one big chunk (at the time it was just PHM, Broken and TDS)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Not the worst take I've seen, it's fantastic...

I think we often love the album the most that we discovered a band through... for me, my first FNM was King for a Day, and it still has a special place in my heart, although I love all of them. For AIC it was Jar of Flies, STP Purple, for Therapy? it was Infernal Love... and so on. These "first" albums will always stand out.
    Funny enough, this doesn't hold with NIN, I think because I discovered it in one big chunk (at the time it was just PHM, Broken and TDS)

The Real Thing was the first album I heard from them but I get bored easily with it. AOTY is just a solid album start to finish.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    A new Tomahawk record? What? Best news of the week! Any more information on that?
    Denison posted stuff up on instagram a year or so ago talking about being in the studio recording with Trevor Dunn and Stanier....Mike has also dropped hints in interviews about it....Nothing "official" has been announced but the writing seems to be on the wall for next year.....

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    I won't fight you, but it's second best...

First is "King for a day..."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Denison posted stuff up on instagram a year or so ago talking about being in the studio recording with Trevor Dunn and Stanier....Mike has also dropped hints in interviews about it....Nothing "official" has been announced but the writing seems to be on the wall for next year.....
    Oh man, nice! That would be killer!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You're not wrong. It's a good album and has a lot great sounds on it. It does have its share of filler Helpless kinda drags on and on. Mouth to Mouth has a lame chorus. What the hell is up with Home Sick Home? It's nice to hear keyboards again after the guitar-centric KFAD... which ironically had a kind of weak guitar sound.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The infamous story about AOTY is Patton went on tour with Bungle and came back 6 months later and they had like 10 or so songs written without him and he thought the songs were all shit and that they were too commercial sounding so he refused to sing on most of them so he they had to start from scratch and write a whole new batch of songs. That alone almost blew the band up. I think Ashes To Ashes and Last Cup Of Sorrow were the only 2 to survive from those initial writing sessions which makes me wonder how great the rest of the songs were considering those are the 2 best songs on the album

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    am i alone in thinking that Angel Dust is the best album? AOTY is fantastic and i do love it (totally agree that Ashes To Ashes & Last Cup Of Sorrow are the two best) but Angel Dust will always be my #1

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    am i alone in thinking that Angel Dust is the best album? AOTY is fantastic and i do love it (totally agree that Ashes To Ashes & Last Cup Of Sorrow are the two best) but Angel Dust will always be my #1
    Angel Dust is to FNM what The Fragile is to NIN....Its the cool arty choice for their best album....And my personal favorite album of all time

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    You're not alone at moments i think "Angel Dust" is the best album, but some days i lean to "King for a day..."; either way those two albums are the best of FNM for me...