Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    mr bungle reunion in time for summer 2013 festivals, but patton is working on some fnm material (!!!) and whatever new tomahawk ends up being first

lets say i know some guys in that club, all it took was trey and mike talking again

Firet I've heard of any of that. I knew about Tomahawk. But I heard only possibilities about new FNM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    All this talk about Patton and no mention of the mystery song Faith No More played during their last couple shows, late last year?

Could be a brand new song, or an unreleased song. Hopefully they plan on actually releasing it.
    I read a recent interview with him and when asked about new material he never mentioned this song, as awesome as it is.

I am really looking forward to that supposed all electronic fantomas album.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    What is your source for this "news"? None of what you say has been validated by traditional media.
    I think it's been established that that song is an unreleased track from the KFAD days.
    Also, Trey Spruance has publicly denied Bungle have reunited, for what that's worth.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i know some people in bungle's old management

there's really no reason to confirm it yet
    Last edited by emptydesk; 02-23-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The chances of more Bungle are slim, but they are now more than 0%. I am happy about this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Faith No More reunion was denied for a long time despite being a pretty well known thing in 'the industry'...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    EDit: bah
    see below
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 02-26-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    New Tomahawk album is called "Eponymous to Anonymous" Release Date Apr. 21, 2012
    Via Ipecac website
    http://www.ipecac.com/artists/tomahawk
    Eponymous to Anonymous is a Vinyl box set of the first 3 albums (hence the title, Eponymous - the first album, to Anonymous - the third album) with space for the new album that's being released on record store day, not the title on the new album

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
    Last edited by MaynardJames; 02-25-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    What is your source for this "news"? None of what you say has been validated by traditional media.
    I think it's been established that that song is an unreleased track from the KFAD days.
    Also, Trey Spruance has publicly denied Bungle have reunited, for what that's worth.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusi...-prime-numbers

This interview says that all the old greatest hit packages pretty much went through any unreleased bsides. He does mention playing some other bside that I assumed was Absolute Zero.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Heard that yesterday, and it's sounding good; I'm excited.

Not as excited as if FNM were recording a new album, but still. Oh, and I'm really hoping there are plans to release a concert film of their last tour. Has anyone heard anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Heard that yesterday, and it's sounding good; I'm excited.

Not as excited as if FNM were recording a new album, but still. Oh, and I'm really hoping there are plans to release a concert film of their last tour. Has anyone heard anything?
    I believe they filmed the San Francisco shows they played about 2 years ago. And supposedly Billy said something on his Facebook page about more info about the mystery song coming soon.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    No new FNM material any time soon.

http://www.theprp.com/2012/08/22/new...more-material/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    They've become one of those bands that gets back together just to play festivals. Lame.

So they may be done again, or they may play some more festivals. Who knows?

I'm a bit torn on the idea of new material. Part of me wants to hear it, part of me thinks I'll just be disappointed. But for Christ's sake, at least put out "Matador" in some format. Throw the Seagull Song or any other rarities that people haven't heard out there too. Don't cocktease us.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I think an album would be cool. I hope it will come when they're ready.
    I'd be really curious to hear how they re-visit/re-imagine the FNM sound.
    Meanwhile I am looking forward to the new Tomahawk record.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    new Tomahawk song "stone letter":

http://www.spin.com/articles/tomahaw...s-stone-letter

it's okay. nothing too fanzy and quiet straight forward rock. I hope they stay true to their first two records though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who's tired of the the "sleazy guy" voice affectation Patton seems to sing everything with now?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think so, yeah.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The sleazy guy voice has become his staple. Love or Hate it Like it Bump it or Dump it.

Captain Midnight is probably the most orgasmic Tomahawk song.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Am I the only one who's tired of the the "sleazy guy" voice affectation Patton seems to sing everything with now?
    Never get tired of it, in fact i promote it!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    The song is growing on me. I'm looking forward to this, it's been too long since Patton has put out a rock record.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Im happy about the news, love the first one and "Mit Gas", i also like his experimental stuff like "Mondo Canne" or "Khaada Patton" but i preffer his rocking stuff with Tomahawk and FNM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    The sleazy guy voice has become his staple. Love or Hate it Like it Bump it or Dump it.
    Maybe so. I guess I'd rather see him get back to normal singing on a regular basis and doing less of the movie/game scores & Zorn project screaming.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Does no one like the Anonymous record from Tomahawk?

I absolutely loved the tribal, ritualistic, spiritual, native style of it. Don't see why it doesn't seem to get much love.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I liked the album, loved some songs, but on the whole would prefer they don't go down that path again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i thought Anonymous was really incredible. great concept that was executed very well. no other band could have pulled it off in the same way. i haven't gotten around to listening to it on vinyl since i got the box set from record store day, but i'm excited to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've only heard Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk's Anonymous, but Mr. Bungle is up there as one of my favorite bands of all time... all three albums are pure gold, Disco Volante being one of the most diverse and musically talented albums ever! I want to get into more of his stuff... where should I go next? Anonymous I also really enjoyed but don't find myself returning to it often, unlike Bungle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trust in dust View Post
    I've only heard Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk's Anonymous, but Mr. Bungle is up there as one of my favorite bands of all time... all three albums are pure gold, Disco Volante being one of the most diverse and musically talented albums ever! I want to get into more of his stuff... where should I go next? Anonymous I also really enjoyed but don't find myself returning to it often, unlike Bungle.
    Faith No More, in particular Angel Dust. Fantomas is good, although if you're more song oriented and not into screaming/weird vocal tricks you'll want to check out The Director's Cut before anything else. The Lovage record Patton did with Automator and Jennifer Charles is good too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    also, Mondo Cane is a lot of fun. more upbeat than most of his other output, it's a collection of italian ballads, but with a Patton-esque twist. i really enjoy it.