Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've been on a Living Color trip lately and thought about how much young Mike Patton's voice reminds me of Corey Glover's.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Huge announcement coming Monday involving Faith No More, KoRn and System of a down. Rumored North American tour. Holy smokes.
    That's gonna be a HUGE tour. I'm not holding my breath for Canadain dates, since we've been getting the shaft on every tour this year, but if there's 1 and only 1 show that comes to town, god, I hope it's this!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The Korn guys might not wanna read all the interviews Mike Patton has given over the years where he said how much he hates them. Roddy also has trashed Korn in interviews....Should be interesting...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Huge announcement coming Monday involving Faith No More, KoRn and System of a down. Rumored North American tour. Holy smokes.
    That's gonna be a HUGE tour. I'm not holding my breath for Canadain dates, since we've been getting the shaft on every tour this year, but if there's 1 and only 1 show that comes to town, god, I hope it's this!
    That's quite a line up. FNM is really the only one of them I'm interested in seeing these days though, and something tells me they'd be the opening act, which would be disappointing.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The Korn guys might not wanna read all the interviews Mike Patton has given over the years where he said how much he hates them. Roddy also has trashed Korn in interviews....Should be interesting...
    Money talks, and Mike Patton isnt immune to wanting to put as much coin into his bank account (and the other band members) as possible. Wasn’t that long ago that Trent had to answer some awkward questions about Chris Cornell and the Soundgarden tour.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Money talks, and Mike Patton isnt immune to wanting to put as much coin into his bank account (and the other band members) as possible. Wasn’t that long ago that Trent had to answer some awkward questions about Chris Cornell and the Soundgarden tour.
    Yeah, people tend to put their differences aside as they get older.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    That's quite a line up. FNM is really the only one of them I'm interested in seeing these days though, and something tells me they'd be the opening act, which would be disappointing.
    Well, Helmut is on the bill as well, apparently. So I bet it'll be Helmut opening, system headlining with KoRn and FNM sandwiched between. Could see them alternating spots depending on the night. But if I had to guess... FNM would probably be on before KoRn.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    might just be a festival....Houston Open Air possibly.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm hearing festival too. That's unfortunate. Would have been a kick-ass traveling arena show.

I was going through comments on a post I saw somewhere, and there is a festival which mascot is a spaceman. So... people are thinking all the spaceman posts from all the bands point to playing that festival. (Don't remember the name of it. If I come across it again, I'll edit my post)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There are rumors that all these images are related to Northside festival in Monterrey, the town where I live. Although I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that these images refer to this festival. The following image is from a video played at the 2016 edition of the festival:

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    There are rumors that all these images are related to Northside festival in Monterrey, the town where I live. Although I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that these images refer to this festival. The following image is from a video played at the 2016 edition of the festival:
    I donno, the spaceman seems to be in the exact same position in this image that he is in the image being shared by all the band's. I'd say you just solved the mystery Sherlock!

EDIT: Ding, Ding, Ding. Right on the money sir:

Last edited by ManBurning; 02-03-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    On what planet does Faith No More open for Korn and SOAD? Thats as bad as when NIN opened for that shithole band Janes Addiction in 09

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    On what planet does Faith No More open for Korn and SOAD? Thats as bad as when NIN opened for that shithole band Janes Addiction in 09
    Did NIN open for JA? It's been so long lol, I don't even remember. I went to that show too. Come to think of it, you're right. But honestly. It's better that way. Good band first and then you can leave. I stuck around for 1-2 songs of JA to see what the fuss was and boy oh boy do they ever suck. I hit the merch booth on the way out with no line-up lol.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Did NIN open for JA? It's been so long lol, I don't even remember. I went to that show too. Come to think of it, you're right. But honestly. It's better that way. Good band first and then you can leave. I stuck around for 1-2 songs of JA to see what the fuss was and boy oh boy do they ever suck. I hit the merch booth on the way out with no line-up lol.
    There is a long interview with Eric Avery after he quit Jane's for the second time where he airs out their dirty laundry.
    It is really good. It even touches on the recording of the failed Jane's album that they were trying to record with Trent.

Anyhow. Trent wanted NIN to open for JA because he wanted to make these shows an even that weren't just "another leg of the NIN tour with another band opening"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Anyone going to the Bungle shows in CA the next few days? I'm going in NYC on Monday, but I'm flying down there Saturday. Hoping for someone to take pics of merch tonight or tomorrow as I'm curious if I should bring a poster tube for a show poster if there is one.

EDIT: I see now that there will be a different poster for each night of the tour. 75 unsigned and 50 signed. Would still appreciate merch pics though!
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 02-05-2020 at 02:56 PM.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Would still appreciate merch pics though!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8NkRhlBcWV/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Last night’s Bungle show in Brooklyn was a ton of fun. It was loud and fast and heavy and I don’t think I’ve ever seen Patton scream so much in one show before. He seemed like he might be getting a little hoarse when he talked, but you couldn’t tell in the performance. Harley Flanagan from the Cro-Mags also joined them on stage for a song, which was pretty great.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Duane may wanna tell Mike that hes working on a new album lol because I know for a fact Denison gave Patton an entire albums worth of songs to record vocals for in like 2017 and Mike just put them away on the shelf and never got around to it.....So I wonder if these are the same songs or if Denison said 'fuck it' and started all over again.......With Faith No More, Dead Cross and now Bungle all operating, I think Tomahawk is starting to fade a bit into Fantomas and Peeping Tom territory for Mike.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tomahawk should've stopped after Anonymous. That was a pretty flawless trilogy. Oddfellows is not great by comparison.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Somebody posted these news one or two years ago and got me fairly excited. I'm excited again as Tomahawk is my favorite Patton project (as far as conistency goes) and I'd love to hear more, but most importantly, see that shit live!

My Patton-live history is rather limited with Fantomas, FNM and Dead Cross. I need more!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    My Patton-live history is rather limited with Fantomas, FNM and Dead Cross. I need more!
    i saw fantomas when they were touring on suspended animation, tomahawk when they were touring on oddfellows, and dead cross at riot fest in 2017. all three were incredible, but tomahawk was definitely the best.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    At the show I saw (London O2 Arena), JA opened for NIN, which sucked because it was a full set. Boring as heck.

I actually thought that there was a lot of love for JA here. Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't get it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Faith No More and Korn are going on tour.

https://pitchfork.com/news/faith-no-...announce-tour/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Faith No More and Korn are going on tour.

https://pitchfork.com/news/faith-no-...announce-tour/
    Someone here mentioned this already...funny how they are touring together, given all the shit FNM has said towards Korn years ago. I guess people grow up and set their differences aside?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Someone here mentioned this already...funny how they are touring together, given all the shit FNM has said towards Korn years ago. I guess people grow up and set their differences aside?
    Mike Patton has shit talked A LOT of bands throughout the years. At the end of the day money talks. In the late 90s Bungle was on that Sno Core tour with all the up an coming "nu" bands of the time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think I'm gonna have to skip this one, unfortunately. The MA show is mid-week, and I work in public schools, and that's the first or second week of school. Pretty much impossible for me to get time off that early in the school year.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    reminds me of something I read earlier today:
    Tell me about being approached by ‘The Project’?
    Mike Patton: “Sorry?

The new band Slash and the other ex-Guns’N’Roses guys are putting together.
    Mike Patton: “Did you just call it ‘The Project’?

That’s what they are calling it.
    Mike Patton: “HAHAHAHA. That’s hilarious. It sounds much better than I’m sure it is. Er, well, I wasn’t really approached. I just got a phonecall from an ex-manager asking if I would be interested. Well, I wasn’t and that was about it. Not very exciting.

Why weren’t you interested?
    Mike Patton: “Why do you think? You know. I think everyone else knows too, except them. Which is the funny part.

I hear they are now doing stuff with Scott Weiland.
    Mike Patton: “I thought he was dead.

No, he’s alive. He’s just been arrested for cocaine possession again.
    Mike Patton: “OK. Well this band will kill him off and do the world a favour.
    http://bbs.bunglefever.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49178

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    That’s some fucked up shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Speculation, based on Scott Ian’s instagram page, is that this lineup of Mr. Bungle is currently recording something in LA.