Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really do think that Trump will be the Republican nominee next year. He has a blow-out lead over all his rivals and with only about eight months before the first primaries, I don't see who will stop him from receiving the nomination. DeSantis could turn things around, but he's looking like a flop. And honestly, I don't think that he's much better.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I really do think that Trump will be the Republican nominee next year. He has a blow-out lead over all his rivals and with only about eight months before the first primaries, I don't see who will stop him from receiving the nomination. DeSantis could turn things around, but he's looking like a flop. And honestly, I don't think that he's much better.
    God will this ever stop? If he's elected, he will dedicate the rest of his time in political office to "revenge." It'll be horrible. Didn't the people already tell him "no" twice already? Fuck off!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    God will this ever stop? If he's elected, he will dedicate the rest of his time in political office to "revenge." It'll be horrible. Didn't the people already tell him "no" twice already? Fuck off!
    Biden trails behind Trump and DeSantis in 2024 general election matchups: Poll

This is starting to get upsetting.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised. my parents and I had a discussion last night. they said Biden will easily beat Trump in a rematch. I said I don't think so and that a lot can happen between now and Election Day. it's the worst timeline to be living in right now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Not to mention all the rigging via election laws

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

supposedly a verdict is reached in the Carrol defamation trial. fingers crossed that they clean his clock.

edit: 5 million dollars is a lot. thank you e. jean carroll for being brave and not backing down.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    What is more likely?

A. Nine Inch Nails release Closure on Blu-Ray
    B. Trump pays the 5 million

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    his response lmao

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I find it hilarious that he insisted that she wasn't his type and then proceeded to mistake her for his own ex-wife (who was his wife at the time) in photos.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    That "not my type" thing was so insane. Oh, exactly what is "your type" when it comes to fumbling sexual assault?

What is driving me crazy is that this verdict is doing nothing to tip the scales here. He's as popular as ever with his base, and is anyone surprised. They'll claim they don't believe it, but they do. They know he did it. They don't care.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How do you feel about CNN hosting Trump at a town hall? Will you be watching?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That "not my type" thing was so insane. Oh, exactly what is "your type" when it comes to fumbling sexual assault?

What is driving me crazy is that this verdict is doing nothing to tip the scales here. He's as popular as ever with his base, and is anyone surprised. They'll claim they don't believe it, but they do. They know he did it. They don't care.
    People (myself included) make the mistake of thinking, "if only people knew what an asshole Trump is, he would lose support." But it's baked in the cake, especially at this point. Their reasoning is "I don't like that Trump said/did (fill in the blank), but inflation, the economy (things largely out of the control of the POTUS) were better under Trump. Plus the border and other various grievances I heard about on Tucker were better when Trump was the president. Also, Biden is senile."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    People (myself included) make the mistake of thinking, "if only people knew what an asshole Trump is, he would lose support." But it's baked in the cake, especially at this point. Their reasoning is "I don't like that Trump said/did (fill in the blank), but inflation, the economy (things largely out of the control of the POTUS) were better under Trump. Plus the border and other various grievances I heard about on Tucker were better when Trump was the president. Also, Biden is senile."
    Exactly. Many of his supporters don't even pretend that he's innocent of many of these things anymore, they're just willing to overlook the laundry list of things they'd crucify a democrat for because of their perception that things like the economy were "better under Trump." That and their hatred of Biden. The hypocrisy from the "Let's Go Brandon" folks is strong. These are the same people who are always complaining about cancel culture, yet as soon as Bud Light used a trans person as a sponsor, every conservative on Earth was calling for a boycott. They're also the ones trying to get books banned from schools. They're all for cancelling when it comes to anything they consider to be "woke" and companies that dare to endorse the things they hate.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's all at the expense of "owning the libs." He could be a rapist, liar, cheat, insurrectionist, dumbass, and it doesn't matter. He owns the libs by making them mad by virtue of what a disgusting fuck he is.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    fuck the plea deal

we know it'll happen though

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "Very suspicious": Experts skeptical after Trump employee drains pool into Mar-a-Lago server room
    Prosecutors investigating former President Donald Trump have raised questions about an incident in October when a Mar-a-Lago employee drained the resort's pool and flooded a room containing computer servers with surveillance video logs, according to CNN.

It's unclear if the room was flooded intentionally or by mistake, according to the report, but prosecutors have found the series of events "suspicious" and asked at least one witness about it.

The incident came about two months after the FBI seized hundreds of classified documents from Trump's residence as prosecutors obtained surveillance footage to review how the documents were stored and moved after the former president received a subpoena in May 2022.

Prosecutors have heard testimony that the IT equipment in the room was not damaged by the flood, according to CNN, but investigators are looking at whether Trump or a small group of people who work for him tried to obstruct the Justice Department's probe.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i only had a pool once and we never drained it into any room of the house.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If one were trying to write a hollywood script and put that in, it would be removed as too stupid to be believed.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    If one were trying to write a hollywood script and put that in, it would be removed as too stupid to be believed.
    Everything that happened during those confusing, shit years of his presidency made no sense. It was like Idiocracy.
    So yeah, every sane person had "Trump Derangement Syndrome"

And now we do again, because he won't just do what he promised, which is fuck off if he lost.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    supposedly he was indicted today.

https://twitter.com/coreyrforrester/...66vn-NnZCnbztw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Donald Trump indicted for 2nd time, in classified documents investigation: Sources

Former President Donald Trump has been indicted for a second time, this time on federal charges in relation to his handling of classified information while out of office, sources familiar confirm to ABC News.

He is set to be arraigned in federal court in Miami on Tuesday at 3 p.m. ET, sources said.

"We're learning from our sources that there appear to be at least seven counts here. This ranges from everything from the willful retention of national defense information to conspiracy to a scheme to conceal, to false statements and representations," ABC News' Katherine Faulders reported during a special report on the network.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Aren't surveillance videos almost always kept on a cloud?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I really can't feel good about this until he's in jail or dead. It still feels like the illusion of justice to me. This seems like the most basic law and order shit, but his supporters won't stop literally yelling about how it's not fair and they don't care. I wish I could see a coming-around by folks, but they're so bought in. I don't understand why. It's okay to admit you were wrong, you chuds.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I really can't feel good about this until he's in jail or dead. It still feels like the illusion of justice to me. This seems like the most basic law and order shit, but his supporters won't stop literally yelling about how it's not fair and they don't care. I wish I could see a coming-around by folks, but they're so bought in. I don't understand why. It's okay to admit you were wrong, you chuds.
    MAGA folk admitting they were wrong?

You can't wait on that. That will never happen. They know they were wrong. Admitting it would require... something they don't have. You can't run around for years wearing a stupid hat and then all of a sudden admit "well, this is a sorta racist bullshit symbol on my head."

And we all know the Republican establishment is not going to figure out how to find a halfway reasonable candidate to surpass him. They did this to themselves/us. It's going to be Trump vs Biden, AGAIN, and Trump won't be punished for anything in the meantime.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Documents regarding Nuclear secrets and defense vulnerabilities, so he’s probably fucked.

Probably.

also I saw that the 37th president was Nixon, one of those fun coincidences.

Edit:
    Lol "TOP SECRET/[REDACTED]/[REDACTED]/ORCON/NOFORN" - when it's so classified the classification is classified
    6 . On two occasions in 2021, TRUMP showed classified documents to others, as follows:
    a. In July 2021, at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey ("The Bedminster Club"), during an audio-recorded meeting with a writer, a publisher, and two members of his staff, none of whom possessed a security clearance, TRUMP showed and described a "plan of attack" that TRUMP said was prepared for him by the Department of Defense and a senior military official. TRUMP told the individuals that the plan was "highly confidential" and "secret". TRUMP also said "as president I could have declassified it," and, "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."
    Last edited by allegate; 06-09-2023 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    wait... I'm trying to catch up, but is it being suggested that Trump showed top secret documents to Kid Rock? Nothing sounds too absurd at this point, but WHY is this...