Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I don't see how that doesn't come up at the trial.
    It's like his lawyers are saying "well, he didn't hijack a plane and fly it into the Capitol building, so therefore he's innocent. He didn't grab a bullhorn and start screaming 'kill Nancy Pelosi! Hang Mike Pence! So he's innocent, you know?'"
    @bobbie solo, unfortunately, I think his chances of winning the election are good, and if he does... oof, we're all fucked.

Anyway, here's some more crazy, desperate shit. https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/04/trum...ndictment.html

And you gotta love this article from WaPo about how even if he's convicted, because of his secret service detail, he'll never see real jail, and at the most will probably be under some kind of house arrest. Yeah, what a punishment, spend your days golfing at Mar A Lago.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-04-2023 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Shit, even if he goes to jail, he's going to be treated better than most prisoners. He's not going to have to worry about someone shanking him in the chow line.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I think he's get his own prison, like Rudolf Hess.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This guy has his work cut out for him. You can tell he's just flailing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    GA case has the potential to be televised:
    https://www.axios.com/2023/08/14/tru...es-fani-willis

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    you know, there's every possibility that some shit could happen but really articles like this only serve for the hate clicks from people who are like, "BuT He'S GuiLtY?!?"

I mean, it's probably likely that whatever comes down won't be enough for the people who've been affected by his presidency so that's the one to keep in mind. Short of an execution for selling State secrets it's not going to be enough. Especially since there's like a 60% chance that he goes to Club Fed because of the SS detail.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Georgia has accidentally leaked the charges.

https://reddit.com/r/news/s/BQUAiY68VU

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the RICO who complains about RINOs

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just want to see a perp walk, finally.

Close second is "Donald Trump flees country" headlines.

edit: This headline...

Florida Man, associates, indicted for conspiracy to steal data, software
    Voting machines and their data allegedly accessed without authorization by keen golfer's gofers
    Last edited by allegate; 08-15-2023 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m thinking he will run away in the end. And that’s if and only if he’s convicted and the appeal process goes nowhere.

If that happens it won’t be traditional soon, it’ll be TR’s definition of soon.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

there’s an infamous jail here, fulton county lock up. its referred to in rap songs as “rice street”. it’s a scary place currently in disrepair. i really hate the idea of it but i fucking love the idea of trump doing or saying something that lands him there. i’m sure he will be arraigned at the courthouse and never even be near the neighborhood of rice street. but it’s fun to think of him in the rap song jail.

edit: OMG

https://x.com/mikesington/status/169...66vn-NnZCnbztw

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was reading that the punishment for this in GA is "maximum 20 years in jail or $250,000 fine"

we know what Trump would get, sadly.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, the fine situation in the US needs to change. Universal cut down city-owned trees without a permit and that was a $250 fine. Gee, who won that battle?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    there’s an infamous jail here, fulton county lock up. its referred to in rap songs as “rice street”. it’s a scary place currently in disrepair. i really hate the idea of it but i fucking love the idea of trump doing or saying something that lands him there. i’m sure he will be arraigned at the courthouse and never even be near the neighborhood of rice street. but it’s fun to think of him in the rap song jail.

edit: OMG

https://x.com/mikesington/status/169...66vn-NnZCnbztw
    So x.com is blocked, can't imagine why - - but I was able to find it on the website and that's hilarious.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    It’s so weird reading about Musk from a 2002 article:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/tech-indus...-to-step-down/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump prosecutor Fani Willis faces racist abuse after indicting ex-US president

Trump is using:
    “They never went after those that Rigged the Election,” Trump wrote. “They only went after those that fought to find the RIGGERS!”
    How long before Trump and his supporters just drop the pretense and just go ahead an use the "n word?"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "What Would Nixon Do?"

Well, Rog, he'd fucking resign in disgrace and disappear.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    If you're having to compare yourself to Nixon, you've already lost.

Of course, Nixon still has his apologists to this day, so...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    "What Would Nixon Do?"

Well, Rog, he'd fucking resign in disgrace and disappear.
    Watergate seems really tame in hindsight.

'Skating on thin ice': Trump risks new Georgia indictment if he holds press conference

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    If you're having to compare yourself to Nixon, you've already lost.

Of course, Nixon still has his apologists to this day, so...
    Except the GOP in 1974 told Nixon to get out of Dodge. Even Goldwater was going to vote guilty if there had been an impeachment trial.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to any of his trials being televised.

I remember the media circus around OJ's murder trial...it was a hot mess, and nobody on any side thought OJ should be president.

I want the outcome, but I don't want to have to hear about the process, though I'm sure it'll be unavoidable.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to any of his trials being televised.

I remember the media circus around OJ's murder trial...it was a hot mess, and nobody on any side thought OJ should be president.

I want the outcome, but I don't want to have to hear about the process, though I'm sure it'll be unavoidable.
    Yeah but think about all of the Republican voters who will tune it to "watch for discrepancies" or whatever the fuck and then FINALLY be shown documents and footage and recordings that Fox News has never once shown on their network. I'm sure the majority will just think it's all fake but there has to be at least a percentage of Republican voters that will have their minds changed by watching it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah but think about all of the Republican voters who will tune it to "watch for discrepancies" or whatever the fuck and then FINALLY be shown documents and footage and recordings that Fox News has never once shown on their network. I'm sure the majority will just think it's all fake but there has to be at least a percentage of Republican voters that will have their minds changed by watching it.
    100% they'll think it's fake and rigged. Just like the election was stolen from Trump. These are the people who will believe any conspiracy theory presented to them (no matter how far-fetched) as long as it paints Trump as the hero. Remember Pizza Gate and the one about how JFK Jr. is still alive?? Have you heard the one about how the Satan-worshipping Hollywood elites run a massive child trafficking ring to drain their blood and harvest the chemical adrenochrome to stay young??? Yeah, they'll gullible and delusional as fuck.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    You only need to know that these people literally believe in Satan (and his preference for Democrats) to know that they're not going to see reason any time soon.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    haha he’s actually using the notoriety of the jail to fundraise. https://x.com/bluestein/status/16934...66vn-NnZCnbztw