Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Looks like this isn't a new interview (most likely taken from the Score documentary), and it's only a small part in the middle of the podcast, but still...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I really miss listening to TRAR scores in the actual theater. Patriots Day and Before the Flood weren't in the theaters in my area, so it's been a long wait since Gone Girl.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'd really love to see The Walled Off Hotel being released sometime soon (with the 3rd EP if possible), not necessarily on vinyl. Digital only release would be okay with me.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I'd really love to see The Walled Off Hotel being released sometime soon (with the 3rd EP if possible), not necessarily on vinyl. Digital only release would be okay with me.
    ...huh? Why would you prefer digital only, digital as an option I get but why would you want a smaller release?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ...huh? Why would you prefer digital only, digital as an option I get but why would you want a smaller release?
    Of course I'd love to see a wider, physical release but considering how long the Patriots Day on vinyl + hi-res audio is being teased, I'd take digital only over vinyl since they must have the hi-res files already on one of their hard drives.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Of course I'd love to see a wider, physical release but considering how long the Patriots Day on vinyl + hi-res audio is being teased, I'd take digital only over vinyl since they must have the hi-res files already on one of their hard drives.

I keep bugging Lakeshore Records about Patriots Day and their only response is to 'like' my comments...

Annoying as hell. I just really hope it doesn't get shelved. The ONLY thing I can think of is that they is an issue with the track listing as far as time fitting onto the the 2 LPs and they are working on an alternate sequence...OR...they are happy with the pressings.

Really hope it comes out eventually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I keep bugging Lakeshore Records about Patriots Day and their only response is to 'like' my comments...

Annoying as hell. I just really hope it doesn't get shelved. The ONLY thing I can think of is that they is an issue with the track listing as far as time fitting onto the the 2 LPs and they are working on an alternate sequence...OR...they are happy with the pressings.

Really hope it comes out eventually.
    Good job on pressing the issue!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Good job on pressing the issue!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Now that Bad Witch is out, what TR/AR releases should be released next?
    So far the materials that we know they exist but haven't got an official release are:
    Patriots Day (Vinyl)
    Quake (Vinyl)
    The Walled Off Hotel
    The Fourth Estate (Theme Song)
    The Black Ghiandola

Anything missing?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Now that Bad Witch is out, what TR/AR releases should be released next?
    So far the materials that we know they exist but haven't got an official release are:
    Patriots Day (Vinyl)
    Quake (Vinyl)
    The Walled Off Hotel
    The Fourth Estate (Theme Song)
    The Black Ghiandola

Anything missing?
    Patriots and Quake, the others I don't see getting one

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Patriots and Quake, the others I don't see getting one
    Hope they do, The Walled Off Hotel being the most likely candidate. Green Lines had an artwork and a track number.
    The Walled Off Hotel also had a very interesting concept - NIN & TR/AR songs reimagined on piano.
    And the others could be released as a digital single, like Juno and Halloween.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    A digital single for the Fourth Estate theme is unlikely, but I'd buy it. The version in the series is less than a minute long, hopefully they have more than that...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Halloween really deserves its own 7” single through Sacred Bones for the movie’s 40th anniversary!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    Halloween really deserves its own 7” single through Sacred Bones for the movie’s 40th anniversary!
    i'm kind of hoping they use it for the upcoming new film

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm kind of hoping they use it for the upcoming new film
    I heard John Carpenter is doing the score himself. His Lost Themes albums were great, and after catching him on tour a couple of years ago, he’s definitely still got it. I can’t wait to hear what he does.

As for the Trent/Atticus version, I still listen to it all the time. I’d kill to have it on vinyl... though I’d want a 12” 45 instead of a 7”.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    I heard John Carpenter is doing the score himself.
    Yep, though I doubt they will use Trent & Atticus' rendition of the theme. It sounds like they might stick closer to the sound of the original themes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    I heard John Carpenter is doing the score himself. His Lost Themes albums were great, and after catching him on tour a couple of years ago, he’s definitely still got it. I can’t wait to hear what he does.

As for the Trent/Atticus version, I still listen to it all the time. I’d kill to have it on vinyl... though I’d want a 12” 45 instead of a 7”.
    yeah, i saw him on the first tour he did and it was one of the best concerts i've been to in a while. i'm glad he's gonna be doing the score for the new film, as his film scores are some of my favorites of all time. it might be cool if the TRAR version was like a bonus track, or was used in the end credits or something? idunno, pipe dreams.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I’ve always been of this belief, and after listening to Bad Witch, my stance is even more firmer. Trent and Atticus really need to score whatever David Lynch’s next project may be.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I’ve always been of this belief, and after listening to Bad Witch, my stance is even more firmer. Trent and Atticus really need to score whatever David Lynch’s next project may be.
    That is true although Lynch usually leans towards Angelo Badalamenti to do the score. I wouldn't mind a TR/AR collaboration with Badalamenti as long as all of their music is in whatever new project Lynch is doing.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    While Trent & Atticus won’t be scoring Halloween, I definitely think they would be perfectly suited for a good horror film, and I mean a GOOD horror film. Like just imagine what they could have done with something like Hereditary.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    'Alongside the new Nine Inch Nails material, Reznor says the pair have been working on “two major things and two minor things”, neither of which he can disclose.'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...all-of-america

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    'Alongside the new Nine Inch Nails material, Reznor says the pair have been working on “two major things and two minor things”, neither of which he can disclose.'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...all-of-america
    Given Trent’s brief connection with the Sharon Tate House, I wouldn’t mind one of those “minor things” be a bit of contribution to the Soundtrack to Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was pretty busy when the Vietnam-Score dropped a while back, so it wasn't until a few months ago that I had the undisturbed time to sit down and get into it (unlike NIN, the lack of lyrics and hooks in the scores forces me to spend way more focus to get into them).

Long story short, last weekend my gf was gone (away), so I started watching the actual Ken Burns documentary. I still have one or two episodes to watch, but damn... I never thought Ghosts could haunt me even more than it did all those years before. Like the story of the viet-min woman hiding from the american bombs, with 1 Ghosts I in the background? Or the few times 19 Ghosts III pops up? Jesus H. Christ. The downside is that during some segments, I felt like having flashbacks to the infamous Ghosts-Youtube-Festival...

Anybody reads this post and hasn't watched the docu yet, skip bingewatching Netflix for a weekend and sit down with this, you won't be disappointed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Anybody reads this post and hasn't watched the docu yet, skip bingewatching Netflix for a weekend and sit down with this, you won't be disappointed.
    This was recently added to Netflix (US), so you can do actually both now!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread/

I’ve been fixated, and daydreaming about the possibility that TR & Co will bust out their Halloween cover track - and open a show with it! On this up coming tour... specifically in Chicago near Halloween ��

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I would really like to see Trent & Atticus work on one of Jordan Peele’s projects.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Maybe one of their secret projects is something more whimsical...... like ambient alien music for Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'd love for them to have a go at a game. The Quake OST was excellent back in the day, but imagine how good it would be now if they tried it with Ross this time?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Their latest work is the score for Jonah Hill’s Mid90s — out today and streaming below — and their upcoming projects include HBO’s Watchmen series; the Netflix release Bird Box, with Trevante Rhodes, Sarah Paulson, and John Malkovich; and the thriller Woman In The Window, which is based on the bestselling A.J. Finn novel and stars Amy Adams.
    uh...that's the first we've heard about Bird Box & Woman In The Window, yeah?