Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I'm sort of confused that Fincher is taking on a sequel to a ho-hum blockbuster. I guess if the sequel ends up being a masterpiece, I'd want T&A to score it, but otherwise I'd rather they take on something more interesting.
    I have to say, I agree with you (and maybe TR has the same reservations, which is why he's not sure if he's doing it yet). The first movie was fairly mediocre. Brad Pitt was good, but the CGI zombies kind of killed it for me. Also, if he's going to continue to work with Fincher (and I hope they do, it's a perfect match and he's my favorite director in Hollywood), I'd almost rather it be something more unique and interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    P.S. WWZ2 hasn't even entered production yet, which means they won't be looking for a composer for quite some time.
    True, but that doesn't mean that Fincher hasn't asked them about it/offered it to them, especially given their relationship. I'm still wondering about that Fight Club musical...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How cool would it be if Trent and Atticus created a soundtrack for a game? I can see their style working well with a cinematic Naughty Dog game, or even a fast and frenetic Doom-esque FPS.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    How cool would it be if Trent and Atticus created a soundtrack for a game? I can see their style working well with a cinematic Naughty Dog game, or even a fast and frenetic Doom-esque FPS.
    A doom-esque FPS scored by Trent sure would be cool :P

But I would love to hear them work on one, listening to the ambient filler from Comes Forth In The Thaw's stuff from Dragon Tattoo shows they know how to make a soundscape, more than just a straight score.

And considering how they work in a same soundscape as Graeme Norgate, get them to do the Timesplitters reboot!
    Last edited by sheepdean; 07-29-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't think of many videogame soundtracks that have stood out in recent times for me, apart from Gustavo Santaolalla's score for The Last of Us, which was brilliant. Who knows, maybe there's a developer out there right now hoping to get T&A involved with their project...

Oh, forgot to mention that HEALTH's soundtrack for Max Payne 3 is another one that's fantastic.
    Last edited by acrid avid jam shred; 07-30-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    I can't think of many videogame soundtracks that have stood out in recent times for me, apart from Gustavo Santaolalla's score for The Last of Us, which was brilliant. Who knows, maybe there's a developer out there right now hoping to get T&A involved with their project...

Oh, forgot to mention that HEALTH's soundtrack for Max Payne 3 is another one that's fantastic.
    Second Sight
    Okami
    Doom (2016)
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    Farcry 4
    Farcry Blood Dragon
    Watchdogs 2
    Gone Home
    Scanner Sombre

(I could go on)

There's amazing ones out there - just gotta keep an ear out

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    on a recent road trip my son and i listened to some soundtracks. he likes the book of eli best and i like the social network best.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    on a recent road trip my son and i listened to some soundtracks. he likes the book of eli best and i like the social network best.
    Your son wins

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Before the Flood has some of their best instrumental work ever. Gustavo really adds something to the mix and I hope they collaborate again.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The music on Netflix's Ozark owes the worst kind of debt to Trent and Atticus. As well as Dave Porter too, because of the obvious comparisons to Breaking Bad, but it felt like during the show whenever it goes to a score cue it's just lots of clicks and bangs and booms that feel lifted from TRAR's repetoire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random Score Thoughts

The Gone Girl OST is halloween incarnate

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So do we have anything on Death Note soundtrack by Atticus and Leopold?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    So do we have anything on Death Note soundtrack by Atticus and Leopold?
    Signs point to no right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny how some of their score work is now my go-to music to put my little baby boy to sleep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    A few days before the recent BBC interview, someone on reddit made a (since deleted) post with a list of 11 tracks that they claimed were from an upcoming NIN "LP", and despite how dubious the source, others have since pointed out that the track titles that were listed are registered to ASCAP. But while the OP seemed to think this would encompass the next NIN release, to me they looked a lot more like the kind of track titles Trent and Atticus have for their scoring work...

Might be that at least one of those "sizable projects" in scoring Trent mentioned to BBC is closer than we think.

EDIT: If you're curious about the tracklist PM me, I'm not sure posting it would be kosher.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been binging The Path (very good show, IMO) and noticed the score was very similar to Atticus/Trent's score work. I was surprised to see that the score was by some other guy: the keyboard work, in particular, just sounds like the score from TSN.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I watched "The Captain" in cinema recently. Some of the score is quite electronic and particularly one scene near the end is very TR/AR-like. At first I thought they reused some material, but I couldn't spot it in the credits.

The film is scored by Martin Todsharow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently listening to TGWTDT on CD, and my OCD is having a hard time with the lack of consistency in tags for scrobbling in last.fm along the different soundtrack albums. The Social Network and TGWTDT CDs have "Atticus Ross; Trent Reznor", as artist, but Gone Girl has an "unknown artist"one, while the most popular iteration in last.fm is "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross". Not good for stats. Wish I could edit the tags easily while listening to the CDs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    Currently listening to TGWTDT on CD, and my OCD is having a hard time with the lack of consistency in tags for scrobbling in last.fm along the different soundtrack albums. The Social Network and TGWTDT CDs have "Atticus Ross; Trent Reznor", as artist, but Gone Girl has an "unknown artist"one, while the most popular iteration in last.fm is "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross". Not good for stats. Wish I could edit the tags easily while listening to the CDs.
    Isn't that based on your rip though? All of their albums are on last under the correct name of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross https://www.last.fm/search?q=trent+r...d+atticus+ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Isn't that based on your rip though? All of their albums are on last under the correct name of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross https://www.last.fm/search?q=trent+r...d+atticus+ross
    I know there's a "correct" Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross page, and that most user listens refer to that page. Problem is, I'm listening directly from the original CD, so I can't edit the metadata, and the aforementioned are the tags I get by default. I could rip them and edit my own tags, but I'd like to avoid the hassle and save some space in my hard drive.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I know there's a "correct" Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross page, and that most user listens refer to that page. Problem is, I'm listening directly from the original CD, so I can't edit the metadata, and the aforementioned are the tags I get by default. I could rip them and edit my own tags, but I'd like to avoid the hassle and save some space in my hard drive.
    if you are using itunes you can actually edit the metadata before you rip the CD...but i'm not sure if you're using itunes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    That's that thing, he isn't ripping the CD.
    Anyway, one of these days last.fm will implement proper mergers/redirects... a feature that has been added and broken a million times by now (currently there only a redirect from '&' version to 'and' version). Until then, the only solution would be to manually delete all the wrong scrobbles and then fake the correct ones via Universal scrobbler or just scrobble from the ripped files with fixed tags. That's what I actually always do - my mp3 player (walkman) doesn't support scrobbling so I scrobble everything I listened in it from PC, while not actually listening (like just leave it on mute while I'm away). Yes I'm weird like that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    no, i know. i just meant that it will let you edit the metadata on the page where the CD in the drive shows up.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    On all services I've ever used, metadata is easily editable, ID3 tags are just plaintext. Check where the program is getting the info from, might be a shitty source

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    Anyway, one of these days last.fm will implement proper mergers/redirects... a feature that has been added and broken a million times by now (currently there only a redirect from '&' version to 'and' version). Until then, the only solution would be to manually delete all the wrong scrobbles and then fake the correct ones via Universal scrobbler or just scrobble from the ripped files with fixed tags. That's what I actually always do - my mp3 player (walkman) doesn't support scrobbling so I scrobble everything I listened in it from PC, while not actually listening (like just leave it on mute while I'm away). Yes I'm weird like that.
    Yeah, I've done that, but it's so tedious I gave up. Implementing native editing couldn't be that hard, could it?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    On all services I've ever used, metadata is easily editable, ID3 tags are just plaintext. Check where the program is getting the info from, might be a shitty source
    Thanks so much, I tried that before, but it seems I desisted before I could find the right fields to edit. Tags are correct now!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Barry Jenkins (director of last year's Best Picture winner "Moonlight") lists Gone Girl in his top ten favorite film scores:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I really hope Trent & Atticus are doing some work on the Halloween score.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I really hope Trent & Atticus are doing some work on the Halloween score.
    Looks like they aren't. John Carpenter said somewhere that he was doing it with his son and godson.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’d heard that. I just hope they’re involved in some way.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’m hoping they’re going to be doing the World War Z zombie film that Fincher has signed up for. TRAR + zombies sign me up