Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Not a TR / AR score, but if you're a fan of those (and why the fuck are you here if you're not), I would strongly encourage people to listen to Ludovico Einaudi's 2015 album Elements. It's not that it would be mistaken for a TR / AR score, but I think they're somewhat similar thematically and production-wise. (And I can assure you I'm not a paid shill for a 64 year old Italian composer.)

He's got a TON of good stuff, but this is the one that's been giving me some Trent and Atticus vibes lately. Spotify link if anyone's interested: https://open.spotify.com/album/37tZk...SfudPfxbpCW47A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just gonna plug my Instagram post about the score work by TR/AR:

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I was looking through the GEMA database, and noticed these "additional" songs or alternate titles. I was unable to find the titles under FYC titles.

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // Complicit
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // Dinner With Sean Muzak (this is how the song is registered in GEMA)
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (listed as alternate title for "Perihelion")
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // Move
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // Rise And Shine
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // Ritual Deceivers
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // Together
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross // Unnatural

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "Feedback Loop" from the Waves score is such a beautifully disturbing track. The way those vocal samples rip through the end of the track honestly gives me chills.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The AMC series Dispatches From Elsewhere features music composed by Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross, and Claudia Sarne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i woke up to see the world covered in snow so it’s time for obligatory dragon tattoo ost listen. god its one of the best albums ever made

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Am I wrong or are there no more scores in production after Mank and Soul? Not that I'm spoiled for choice, just realised that nothing seems to have been announced yet...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Am I wrong or are there no more scores in production after Mank and Soul? Not that I'm spoiled for choice, just realised that nothing seems to have been announced yet...
    not that we know of. boys deserve a break, they've been pumping stuff out pretty solidly for the last couple years. and maybe they'll release some new NIN stuff and get people who don't like the scores to shut up for a little while ┐(´ー`)┌

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think this'll be the first time since Gone Girl that there's nothing already announced on the horizon, that they've "cleared out the queue," so to speak. We didn't know about Before the Flood until it was just about to come out. We'll see, I guess.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'd be fine with them taking a break if they need it, but i just get the feeling TR and AR aren't at all burnt out and actually have a pretty solid rhythm and work schedule for all this, i wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a secret project already underway. Thinking about it, when was the last year where we didn't have either a NIN or Score related release? 2011 maybe?...fuck.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Thinking about it, when was the last year where we didn't have either a NIN or Score related release? 2011 maybe?...fuck.
    2015, I think, except for some Gone Girl outtakes on Apple Music.
    Last edited by botley; 12-10-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'd be fine with them taking a break if they need it, but i just get the feeling TR and AR aren't at all burnt out and actually have a pretty solid rhythm and work schedule for all this, i wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a secret project already underway. Thinking about it, when was the last year where we didn't have either a NIN or Score related release? 2011 maybe?...fuck.
    Talking solely about new studio recordings, I think it's 2006, 2012 if you don't count HTDA. With Teeth the year before, Year Zero after. NINJA sampler with Non-Entity in 2009. 2012 only had the An Omen EP. After that it's HM, then Gone Girl, Gone Girl outtakes, then back to yearly score work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    they’ll probably get some offer lol

not sure if a break is needed they’re gonna make music anyways. at least that’s what i do

2021 probably a new nin year

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If they can create scores while touring with NIN I’m honestly not sure what the problem is?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    If I had been working as much as Trent and Atticus, I would want to take some time off after the last few years. I doubt they will, but they haven't had an extended hiatus in a long time. A lot of established bands take a couple years off on a regular basis.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    This song sounds a lot like 24 Ghosts III. Probably another case of a composer being forced to emulate a TRAR temp track. I think there was also another track in the movie that sounded like 14 Ghosts II/Magnetic.

Last edited by wizfan; 12-22-2020 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    If I had been working as much as Trent and Atticus, I would want to take some time off after the last few years. I doubt they will, but they haven't had an extended hiatus in a long time. A lot of established bands take a couple years off on a regular basis.
    Counterpoint: On more than one occasion they've mentioned feeling creatively energized by the scoring process and the eagerness to get into new NIN material. They're not ones to rest on laurels so I'll assume that is genuine. And just because nothing's been announced doesn't mean things aren't in motion. I think we'll have substantial new NIN at some point in 2021.

With that said, they've earned a break if they want it. They're not beholden to any contracts that I'm aware of so do what you want. If they've decided to plow forward with NIN...awesome...my ears are ready. If not, that's fine too.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I've been very behind on TR&AR scores, so I listened to Waves yesterday (haven't seen the movie). "Feedback Loop" scared me more than Ghosts VI, or anything else I've listened from TR&AR so far. *shudders*

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, Feedback Loop is pretty nerve-jangling stuff. I think it's the cut up vocal samples from the film that really get to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm more annoyed that my speakers don't like some of Waves tracks... Some of low bass frequencies pretty much turn into farts. Doesn't really happen with any other music I listen to, even bass-heavy tracks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm more annoyed that my speakers don't like some of Waves tracks... Some of low bass frequencies pretty much turn into farts. Doesn't really happen with any other music I listen to, even bass-heavy tracks.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    video
    Video not available (to me, at least) due to copyright restrictions.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Video not available (to me, at least) due to copyright restrictions.
    it got taken down. it's the infamous "reverb fart" noise

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's no news thread for this section is there?

Anyway, Soul and Mank nominated for best score at the golden globes https://ew.com/awards/golden-globes/...1-nominations/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wasn't sure where to post this or if it has already but this is kind of interesting https://collider.com/david-fincher-a...ommercial/amp/

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    And here is the commercial:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No idea how to make it perspicuous so far but if anyone wants to help out or ask about my choices then go ahead lol
    thought it would be a fun idea to do
    Last edited by Wulgaren; 02-09-2021 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Well this is interesting. IMO the line between Social Network and Soul goes through Mid 90s. This was / is my initial impression and I haven't really given it much thought as to why I made that connection...might be the more upbeat nature of M90s and Soul. And I think the arrow between Mank and Soul should be flopped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    right i forgot about the mid 90s to soul connection, i'll add that. i had the arrow flipped but mank came out first so im not sure...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    i had the arrow flipped but mank came out first so im not sure...
    Right but Soul was written / recorded first, I believe nearly all pre-Covid.