Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I see Wounds Heal as a single side with no splitting -- it would be on its own but would fit. Especially because its a quieter track, there would be no issue fitting it onto a single 33 1/3rpm side.
    Except then you'd have to break it out of the tracks on either side that it flows into and out of. Personally, I would prefer they keep the running order the same... but shuffling it around is another option.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It was not. It was also released commercially for purchase in all formats on most retailers.
    Not initially. I remember people trying to figure out where they could buy it from, especially in hi-def. Considering how previous releases were done (at least in terms of direct downloads from the official site), it was a fairly slow rollout to other services.

Also, it's speculation that these came from The Woman In The Window. Reasonable speculation, perhaps, but speculation nonetheless. Even if that were the case though, since they have an official release, you can bet that all the legal issues are cleared. You'll notice it's © The Null Corporation, not © 20th Century Fox. When they withdrew from the project, most likely they made an arrangement like, "you don't have to pay us, and we'll keep all the music we wrote."
    Yes, it's always been speculation. I've never believed that they just took their score and dumped it out there as the next Ghosts installment. However, I don't think it's unlikely that the albums grew out of those sessions, and if that's the case, there might have been some legal hurdles to climb over before they could release it. Again, it's all speculation from us. All we have to go on is the music and how it was released.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not initially. I remember people trying to figure out where they could buy it from, especially in hi-def. Considering how previous releases were done (at least in terms of direct downloads from the official site), it was a fairly slow rollout to other services.
    It was literally the day after the free drop on NIN.com

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It was literally the day after the free drop on NIN.com
    I guess my memory is a bit hazy. Forgive me, it's been a hell of a year-and-a-half.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think Waves is under appreciated…

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    I think Waves is under appreciated…
    Agreed. The film itself was okay, but the score features some of the best work they've done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not to get off track so I thought I'd post in the random column, but a good friend of Trent and Atticus, Ioanna Gika is collaborating with Atticus' brother Leopold Ross in the new Britney Spears documentary.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I need TR/AR to score a Mass Effect game.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I need TR/AR to score a Mass Effect game.
    Nooo aren’t they Xbox specific?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I need TR/AR to score a new Quake game.
    Fixed that for ya. Imagine a new Quake game with the graphics/engine of the new Doom games, but the spirit/atmosphere of the original Quake – with ambient NIN background music like the original.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Nooo aren’t they Xbox specific?
    Nah, they're on Xbox, Playstation, and Windows.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Fixed that for ya. Imagine a new Quake game with the graphics/engine of the new Doom games, but the spirit/atmosphere of the original Quake – with ambient NIN background music like the original.
    I literally don’t think Bethesda have what it takes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I would love for Mank to come out on vinyl already…….

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    From Discord:

"We have lots of scoring work to attend to, but I don't think tonight is going to be very productive..."
    "4 films right now"
    "I know - they all started to overlap schedules"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    From Atticus just now:

"We finished one - a GREAT film , in my opinion . Stay tuned .. we'll let you know soon"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Oh, and here is "soon"

"How about this for 'soon ' ; we have finished the score to Luca Guadagnino's " Bones & All " starring Timothée Chalamet and Taylor Russell . We had a great experience . Luca is a true artist"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Can’t find anything on who is scoring the next Fincher movie “The Killer”. Hmmmm

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Would love for them to score a new Quake game, but given the reports about what happened with Doom and Mick Gordon, hard pass. It’d be cool if they did Mass Effect 4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So how many full-length scores are we now waiting to be released on a physical format and if/when they'll happen?

Patriots Day
    Mank
    Waves
    Bones & All
    Empire of Light

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    So how many full-length scores are we now waiting to be released on a physical format and if/when they'll happen?

Patriots Day not happening
    Mank already had a limited promo release, but maybe wider version middle of next year?
    Waves not happening
    Bones & All happening around Oscar season
    Empire of Light ???
    Best guess based on ongoing vinyl backlog. Also: Mid90s on cassette when lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Patriots Day was on the "soon" list in the NIN store, maybe still is. Never saw the movie, and it seems like they didn't like the experience of working on it, but the music is good, better than Bird Box in my opinion. It deserves a release.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Patriots Day was on the "soon" list in the NIN store, maybe still is.
    It's been almost six years. Not happening.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Would love for them to score a new Quake game, but given the reports about what happened with Doom and Mick Gordon, hard pass. It’d be cool if they did Mass Effect 4.
    I’d only be happy with NIN doing another quake if that other quake was a good game and I don’t hold out any hope that will happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's been almost six years. Not happening.
    Then why, after all these years and updates to the official store, is it still listed? I agree, seems unlikely since the DE releases should take priority since they will sell more, but just seems weird they haven't pulled it after all this time.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Then why, after all these years and updates to the official store, is it still listed? I agree, seems unlikely since the DE releases should take priority since they will sell more, but just seems weird they haven't pulled it after all this time.
    It's also weird they would list a cassingle and laserdisc that never existed, but... here we are.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    After the shitshow that happened with Mick Gordon and Doom Eternal, definitely will not be happening. Considering that Marty Stratton was already at iD when Trent was working in Doom 3 and management was one of the reasons that made he left...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’m thinking about the new Fincher, The Killer and if TRAR are scoring it. They said they were doing 4 films, so Bones and All, Empire of Light, another film by Luca Guagadnino which leaves a space for this. Don’t really get why they won’t announce it though. Also, with Fincher they’re always in at the beginning (and I guess with others).
    It would be nice for them to do a film with Tilda Swinton in it as she seems to be a fan
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-25-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Re: the exciting news that Challengers might be steeped in house music:

They've covered so much stylistic ground in the scores since we've last heard new NIN, that it really does open up so many questions and possibilities for what a new NIN album could sound like.

I meant the trilogy initially when I first typed this, but it's still true using Together / Locusts as the reference point. Since then, we've gotten Mank (which blew me away), Soul, Empire of Light, Bones & All (which I'm tentatively holding off on to hopefully catch the film first), then this (Challengers).

I mean, that's a HUGE palette to pull from, even if they hadn't made any other music before that.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's kinda funny because in 1989 when Pretty Hate Machine came out TR said 'I hate house...'

See: https://www.theninhotline.com/archiv...cle.php?id=635
    Last edited by botley; 11-29-2022 at 03:59 PM.