Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Was there ever a null number given to the promotional downloads for TSN and TGWTDT?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The samplers? I don't think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I attended the Masterclass. It was one of THE most inspiring musical performances I've ever seen. The interview was awesome too. Fun to see Rosamund Pike, Brooke Langton, and Allen Hughes in the audience too. What a night. Best $20 I've spent in many many years! Atticus rules.
    Last edited by lyzaard; 06-16-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I'm currently scoring a short film. Today, I listened to TGWTDT for inspiration and I began toying with prepared piano samples. I'm now in love with prepared piano. I understand why Trent and Atticus used it so heavily in Tattoo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spotify is driving me nuts with its two separate artist pages for T&A, one for each score. Wonder if I should just email them in ALL CAPS.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    Spotify is driving me nuts with its two separate artist pages for T&A, one for each score. Wonder if I should just email them in ALL CAPS.
    It's not spotify, it's tunecore - they're kinda bad at what they do

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    Dear Sir or Madame,

SPOTIFY IS DRIVING ME NUTS WITH ITS TWO SEPARATE ARTIST PAGES FOR T&A, ONE FOR EACH SCORE.

Sincerely,
    Fangster_

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Dear Sir or Madame,

SPOTIFY IS DRIVING ME NUTS WITH ITS TWO SEPARATE ARTIST PAGES FOR T&A, ONE FOR EACH SCORE.

Sincerely,
    Fangster_

I always did think tits and ass should be on the same page…wait…are we on the same page?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think I've finally figured out what the voices are in the background on Eventually We Find Our Way. It sounds like dialogue from the scene it plays in. There's a lot of reverb on the surround sound version, so I can't make out what they're saying, but it does sound like Jesse Eisenberg and Rooney Mara to me. Not sure if it was a mistake on Trent and Atticus' part or just another cool sound idea, but it works.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Until today I had no idea that there was a 5.1 Blu Ray audio of TSN, for fucks sake. The only place I appear to be able to buy it is from Nullco, and their webpage is fucked. Have aletered the powers that be, so hopefully this will get sorted soon. For those that have it, is it as awesome as I'm assuming?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    For those that have it, is it as awesome as I'm assuming?
    I took the Blu-ray disc and inserted it into a very modest 5.1 speaker system. I enjoyed the results much more than the standard CD version.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the winner bought it only because they collect rare academy award winning memorabilia. I think if an ETS member won it, we would have read about it by now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Until today I had no idea that there was a 5.1 Blu Ray audio of TSN, for fucks sake. The only place I appear to be able to buy it is from Nullco, and their webpage is fucked. Have aletered the powers that be, so hopefully this will get sorted soon. For those that have it, is it as awesome as I'm assuming?
    It was sold out a long time ago, and now goes for a pretty penny. It's also the only physical version of the soundtrack I own :P

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Were the vanilla and awards sampler versions just too physical (for you)?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I have no idea why I've not bought the CD version other than it's money spent on a worse quality version of an album I already own. And I'd love the award show sampler, if you've got a copy, feel free to send it to me :P

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I could slap a "For Your Consideration" label onto my Baby One More Time single.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I think I'm more excited for the Gone Girl score than I was for Hesitation Marks. Hmmm....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    We don't really have a "score spotting" thread, so I'll post this here:

https://vine.co/v/MEEwPaXXHhn

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Regarding the bashing that TRAR's scores get by film score critics: what annoys me the most is the assumption these people make: if TRAR are not composing in a traditional style, they must have very limited musical skills. "They're rock stars, they just play loud guitars, they have no idea about what Alan Silvestri or Alexandre Desplat can do".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Or more specifically they're rather jaded against electronic scores, or composers who employ modern recording techniques like they do. Some of that specific criticism is valid, but not as it applies to TRAR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gone Girl's score has been on constant repeat in my computer, and I have not watched the movie as of right now...
    They did give me the poster of the movie, though... It was retired from the local cinemas, so I snagged it before they disposed of it.
    It's a nifty way to start my Trent/NIN collection, IMO.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Regarding the bashing that TRAR's scores get by film score critics: what annoys me the most is the assumption these people make: if TRAR are not composing in a traditional style, they must have very limited musical skills. "They're rock stars, they just play loud guitars, they have no idea about what Alan Silvestri or Alexandre Desplat can do".
    The worst was that Film Tracks review of TSN - he really seemed to think a score should highlight every single thing happening on screen in a real Peter & the Wolf sense. He complained the score didn't bring out the humour, but then when discussing the obviously humorous set piece rowing scene he said they weren't bringing out the 'determination' enough - just facepalm, it's a throwback to finchers music video days, stylised! It's like his lack of acknowledging any of this stuff was bordering on boorish

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I am going to play the Quake soundtrack (some tracks edited), a few tracks from TGWTDT and a few from GG in my porch on Halloween night. I've been meaning to do this with Quake for a while. Got a boomy Bluetooth speaker I can easily throw somewhere with an old phone playing it back. Should make things spooky.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I am going to play the Quake soundtrack (some tracks edited), a few tracks from TGWTDT and a few from GG in my porch on Halloween night. I've been meaning to do this with Quake for a while. Got a boomy Bluetooth speaker I can easily throw somewhere with an old phone playing it back. Should make things spooky.
    Nice. You should loop Consummation and see if you can really scare some kids on Halloween.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anyone else thinking Trent and/or Atticus might be involved with Fincher's new project at HBO? I know he used someone different for House of Cards, but he only directed two episodes so far.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Also featuring Marco Beltrami and John Powell.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

Also featuring Marco Beltrami and John Powell.
    Hans Zimmer seems to have a very similar relationship to Christopher Nolan, that Trent / Atticus do with David Fincher.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just got the dispatch email from Modlife. Great time of the year to start sending these out!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/sa...ds-1201396045/

TRAR are getting an award, but it seems to be for more than just GG so I put it here.

I have never heard of these awards, anyone know if recipients attend traditionally?