Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Certainly the first time I've heard about them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    "Bird Box is an upcoming American post-apocalyptic Horror film"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_Box_(film)

yay!

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Good news about more scoring projects to come next year. I imagine they'll keep working on NIN alongside all this other work, but if the Stereogum interview mentioning their workload is any indication, I imagine it's going to be a while before another NIN tour. Rest and come back at it after next year sometime, fellas! I keep hearing that maybe Robin has a solo album of stuff under his own name that hasn't come out yet, perhaps he'll want to tour it with his own band.

I was listening to TR & AR's parts of Before the Flood again as a chaser to Mid90s. Parts of BtF, particularly the title track and "A Minute to Breathe" really feel like a nice follow-up EP to Still.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is there a reason that there is not a topic for The Woman In The Window? It was announced on Oct. 30 that they would be scoring it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Is there a reason that there is not a topic for The Woman In The Window? It was announced on Oct. 30 that they would be scoring it.
    Here you go: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...900#post443900

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Aaron Sorkin considering writing a sequel to The Social Network
    http://www.film-news.co.uk/news/UK/6...Network-sequel
    I would go with this, although the film took a lot of liberties, the reality turned out way way darker than the film implies!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would be VERY interested in how TRAR might approach a score that demanded prominent and recurring character themes, a la Star Wars or Burton's Batmans.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I would be VERY interested in how TRAR might approach a score that demanded prominent and recurring character themes, a la Star Wars or Burton's Batmans.
    They kind of did that with Hand Covers Bruise in The Social Network.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    They kind of did that with Hand Covers Bruise in The Social Network.
    Fair point that recurrence is already evident in their body of work thus far. I should have underscored prominent - or said a bit differently, hummable - rather than recurring as my main area of interest. I can hum multiple John Williams and (early) Danny Elfman themes on the spot, but I wouldn't dream of trying the same for even the more melodic existing TRAR scores. Since TRAR obviously know their way around hooky melodies and bombast, I'd be interested to hear that expertise applied in a film context as well.