Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Certainly the first time I've heard about them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "Bird Box is an upcoming American post-apocalyptic Horror film"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_Box_(film)

yay!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Good news about more scoring projects to come next year. I imagine they'll keep working on NIN alongside all this other work, but if the Stereogum interview mentioning their workload is any indication, I imagine it's going to be a while before another NIN tour. Rest and come back at it after next year sometime, fellas! I keep hearing that maybe Robin has a solo album of stuff under his own name that hasn't come out yet, perhaps he'll want to tour it with his own band.

I was listening to TR & AR's parts of Before the Flood again as a chaser to Mid90s. Parts of BtF, particularly the title track and "A Minute to Breathe" really feel like a nice follow-up EP to Still.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Is there a reason that there is not a topic for The Woman In The Window? It was announced on Oct. 30 that they would be scoring it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Is there a reason that there is not a topic for The Woman In The Window? It was announced on Oct. 30 that they would be scoring it.
    Here you go: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...900#post443900

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Aaron Sorkin considering writing a sequel to The Social Network
    http://www.film-news.co.uk/news/UK/6...Network-sequel
    I would go with this, although the film took a lot of liberties, the reality turned out way way darker than the film implies!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would be VERY interested in how TRAR might approach a score that demanded prominent and recurring character themes, a la Star Wars or Burton's Batmans.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I would be VERY interested in how TRAR might approach a score that demanded prominent and recurring character themes, a la Star Wars or Burton's Batmans.
    They kind of did that with Hand Covers Bruise in The Social Network.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    They kind of did that with Hand Covers Bruise in The Social Network.
    Fair point that recurrence is already evident in their body of work thus far. I should have underscored prominent - or said a bit differently, hummable - rather than recurring as my main area of interest. I can hum multiple John Williams and (early) Danny Elfman themes on the spot, but I wouldn't dream of trying the same for even the more melodic existing TRAR scores. Since TRAR obviously know their way around hooky melodies and bombast, I'd be interested to hear that expertise applied in a film context as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Fair point that recurrence is already evident in their body of work thus far. I should have underscored prominent - or said a bit differently, hummable - rather than recurring as my main area of interest. I can hum multiple John Williams and (early) Danny Elfman themes on the spot, but I wouldn't dream of trying the same for even the more melodic existing TRAR scores. Since TRAR obviously know their way around hooky melodies and bombast, I'd be interested to hear that expertise applied in a film context as well.
    That’s a good point.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Roger Daltrey is talking about producing a film about Keith Moon and specifically mentioned Love and Mercy as being one of the only good biopics. It would be AWESOME to hear what Atticus' montage approach to scoring that film would sound like in the context of The Who.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Roger Daltrey is talking about producing a film about Keith Moon and specifically mentioned Love and Mercy as being one of the only good biopics. It would be AWESOME to hear what Atticus' montage approach to scoring that film would sound like in the context of The Who.
    I want to hear that approach for so many artists, like imagine if they'd done that for Bohemian Rhapsody instead of making a sing a long

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Just learned that Atticus did the theme tune for "manhunt: unabomber" on Netflix. I really enjoyed the series and also the score, which I think was by Gregory Tripi. Although I'm not sure whether they carved up the theme within episodes too. It doesn't seem to be available in the UK iTunes store, but it is in the US one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really want to find the time to make some mix-tape playlists from the scores, but part of me genuinely doesn't know where to start given its such a large and ever-growing body of work. Which is fantastic as a fan, but I feel like I need to take stock before it grows any further! I thought about some playlists based on themes or moods to start with so need to knuckle down and get on with it.
    Last edited by Ascender; 01-23-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Can we talk about how Justified Response sounds like it would have been right at home on a lost Nine Inch Nails album made between The Downward Spiral and The Fragile?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So are the Null numbers dead? No Null number for Mid90s or Bird Box... Anyone else contemplating this? OR should we wait for that self-indulgent physical copy of Bird Box to find out?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    So are the Null numbers dead? No Null number for Mid90s or Bird Box... Anyone else contemplating this? OR should we wait for that self-indulgent physical copy of Bird Box to find out?
    I could be wrong, but I thought Null numbers only applied to physical releases. The last score with a Null number is Before The Flood, and that was also the last score with a physical release. (Patriots Day had a promo release, but those usually don't count.)
    Last edited by BRoswell; 02-06-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought Null numbers only applied to physical releases. The last score with a Null number is Before The Flood, and that was also the last score with a physical release. (Patriots Day had a promo release, but those usually don't count.)
    While only the physical releases have been officially named Null numbers, they've skipped the numbers reserved for the scores released digitally only, therefore the implication is that there are currently eight Null numbered albums, with Gone Girl (the only one of these to have a physical release) being 3, Patriots Day being 5, mid90s being 7, and Bird Box being 8. Because of the official numbers, we know that at least Gone Girl and Patriots Day have numbers, but anything after The Vietnam War is guesswork. I personally believe that the numbers will continue, though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Well, David Fincher's sequel to World War Z was just cancelled by Paramount, so anyone hoping for another Fincher collaboration (like me) will have to wait a while longer. I honestly wasn't too impressed with the first movie, so hopefully Fincher finds something more worthy of his time and talent for his next project.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Well, David Fincher's sequel to World War Z was just cancelled by Paramount, so anyone hoping for another Fincher collaboration (like me) will have to wait a while longer. I honestly wasn't too impressed with the first movie, so hopefully Fincher finds something more worthy of his time and talent for his next project.
    No surprise there considering how long it was taking to get it off the ground.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Plus it sounds like he was pretty deep into production on S2 of Mindhunter. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if for his next film he uses someone else for music, if for the fact that TR/AR might be too busy on something else or he wants to go in a different direction.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Fincher has a tendency to mix things up after a while in terms of who he works with. Howard Shore scored three films for Fincher, but they haven't worked together since 2002. That said, the rapport that Trent & Atticus have with him seems to be different compared to other composers, so I think it's possible they'll work together again. It may or may not be his next film though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'd work for Soderbergh. He did do that edit of Raiders Of The Lost Ark using the TSN soundtrack and he's friends with Fincher so it wouldn't be out of the range of possibilities. It would be kind of a no-brainer since he goes often for that minimal style of composing, especially when he has Clint Martinez doing the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    It would be kind of a no-brainer since he goes often for that minimal style of composing, especially when he has Clint Martinez doing the soundtrack.
    I'd love to see them work for Soderbergh, but I think he has a pretty strong working relationship with Martinez (although they haven't worked together in eight years), so I don't see that happening necessarily. That said, Soderbergh has worked with a few different composers over the years, so anything is possible.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm feelin it. 2019 is going to be the year. Bird Box (super ultra deluxe expanded cut) vinyl set, Patriots Day vinyl and The Social Network repress. Who's with me?!

Hidden bonus: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo repress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_

wakes up. still hopes at least one of these happens.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I want the lads to score a silent film

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I want the lads to score a silent film
    Like this one!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Even though they didn't exactly score it, I loved the version of Nosferatu with Type O Negative.

So, I could.definitely get behind this idea

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Actively score and original film, but yes!
    This might be because I was watching Strike! last night

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Is it spring yet?