Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: NIN Spotting 2023

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    NIN Spotting 2023

    Maybe THIS year...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,592
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    really cool. this channel uploaded the debut of the MoTP video on MTV. there's a funny little story beforehand.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,415
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Man. Music video premieres were a thing, weren't they? "One of the most minimalistic music videos that we've seen in quite a long time, coming from a man that I guess a lot of people are looking to to be the future of rock n' roll" No pressure! Here we are 28 years later, Nine Inch Nails plays deceptively minimalist live shows against a piss-stained curtain (having pioneering tech-heavy live production techniques in multiple tours past), and Kennedy's one of the more rabid Fox Business News personalities. The future of Rock n' Roll is weird.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Man. Music video premieres were a thing, weren't they? "One of the most minimalistic music videos that we've seen in quite a long time, coming from a man that I guess a lot of people are looking to to be the future of rock n' roll" No pressure! Here we are 28 years later, Nine Inch Nails plays deceptively minimalist live shows against a piss-stained curtain (having pioneering tech-heavy live production techniques in multiple tours past), and Kennedy's one of the more rabid Fox Business News personalities. The future of Rock n' Roll is weird.
    I still remember Carson Daly's completely deadpan "wow, that was amazing" after the 'Into The Void' world premiere. Wang.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,944
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    That kinda makes it look like Trent was considering using the Russell Mills art of the distressed logo as the cover, before deciding on the one they ended up using (titled "Wound").

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)


    Neil Druckmann (writer and director of The Last of Us video game series and co-creator of the HBO adaptation) names Trent Reznor as one of his all-time biggest creative influences. (quote at 27:00)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,750
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Neil Druckmann (writer and director of The Last of Us video game series and co-creator of the HBO adaptation) names Trent Reznor as one of his all-time biggest creative influences. (quote at 27:00)
    Very cool. Makes me hope for another collaboration between Gustavo Santaolalla and Trent & Atticus—or T&A being asked to work on a Naughty Dog video game.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas --> Boston
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of my favorite electronic musicians, Rival Consoles, wrote a piece about how inspirational The Downward Spiral was/has been for him: https://www.talkhouse.com/the-downwa...expressionism/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Trent and Atticus remix of Apocalyptical is on Puscifer's remix album Existential Reckoning: Rewired. The album also features an Alessandro Cortini remix.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    7,456
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    888
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So this isn't exactly NIN, but, uhhhh...

    ...NIN fans in the Graphic Design department, i guess?...
    One of their early Discord QOTD's (back when those were a thing) was similar, I'm guessing nobody was interested in chasing potential copyright infringement money. Still funny that they subtitled it NIN Logo....


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,089
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    One of their early Discord QOTD's (back when those were a thing) was similar, I'm guessing nobody was interested in chasing potential copyright infringement money. Still funny that they subtitled it NIN Logo....

    Your post is better as it's far more aesthetically pleasing.

    I think ima delete mine: the context remains in the quote.

    But, yeah. I still can't believe that this little band with whom I fell in love in 92, with Broken, is now ubiquitous enough to spawn fucking CAR LOGOS.

    Let me ask you this, though: you're talking about NIN discord? I never wanted to participate, as, direct and continued interactions with bands I love, has created some awkward situations.

    So did NIN post this, or was it a member of the discord? And this was part of.the Queen of the Damned portion?

    Jokes aside, it's Quote of the Day? Or Question of.the Day?
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-19-2023 at 04:25 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    888
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Your post is better as it's far more aesthetically pleasing.

    I think ima delete mine: the context remains in the quote.

    But, yeah. I still can't believe that this little band with whom I fell in love in 92, with Broken, is now ubiquitous enough to spawn fucking CAR LOGOS.

    Let me ask you this, though: you're talking about NIN discord? I never wanted to participate, as, direct and continued interactions with bands I love, has created some awkward situations.

    So did NIN post this, or was it a member of the discord? And this was part of.the Queen of the Damned portion?

    Jokes aside, it's Quote of the Day? Or Question of.the Day?
    Yes it was an early question of the day, so that picture came directly from a discord admin. Given the amount of involvement from the band in the first few weeks it's a safe bet TR or Kraw came up with the question. The band doesn't seem to be on as much anymore. The biggest difference is it's almost entirely stream of consciousness, better than Facebook but the main threads aren't for archival purposes and there's a good bit of circular discussion.

    I'm not familiar with the Queen of the Damned portion. Was that part of the unofficial discord?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,089
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    ...
    I'm not familiar with the Queen of the Damned portion. Was that part of the unofficial discord?
    i wouldn't know shit about any discord, aside from the general existential horror i've felt, pretty much every day of my life: that's what brought me HERE :P

    Queen of the Damned is the third, and imho, best book of Miss Anne Rice's 15 Vampire Chronicles.
    Being a man who's read 29 or 30 of Anne's books, starting at age ten... when i see QOTD, i don't think Question or Quote of the Day.
    I think Queen of the Damned.
    You can thank your god or hail your satan, that NIN wasn't involved in the godawful film "adaptation" of QOTD.
    And, god help us, i'm surprised that they weren't: the '02 soundtrack included Marilyn Manson, Orgy, Korn, Static X...fucking Tricky and Kidneytheives ffs.

    sorry for drift.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,249
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Martin Atkins opens an Museum of Industrial Rock in Chicago. NIN, Ministry, Pigface, etc... memorabilia from his time.

    https://www.npr.org/2023/01/19/11499...dustrial-music

    Appointment only, more details here: https://www.facebook.com/PPIMChicago
    Last edited by virushopper; 01-22-2023 at 07:35 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Newly announced game "HI-FI RUSH" will have Nine Inch Nails music.

    (And Zwan! weird!)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    968
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Newly announced game "HI-FI RUSH" will have Nine Inch Nails music.

    (And Zwan! weird!)
    The way it reads it seems like it will be already released tracks and not anything new for the game itself.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,944
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    The way it reads it seems like it will be already released tracks and not anything new for the game itself.
    You're correct. Word on Reddit is that it's Spoiler: 1,000,000, but maybe there are multiple songs?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,750
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You're correct. Word on Reddit is that it's Spoiler: 1,000,000, but maybe there are multiple songs?
    Confirmed, as I just beat the first boss and was pleasantly surprised to hear it!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Apparently Spoiler: The Perfect Drug is in there as well, or at least it's on the playlist Bethesda posted on Spotify.

Posting Permissions