Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fever Ray - Radical Romantics (2 tracks co-produced by TRAR)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Fever Ray - Radical Romantics (2 tracks co-produced by TRAR)

https://feverray.com/radical-romantics/

Other co-producers and performers include the power duo of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Nine Inch Nails)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Niiice! I've been diving into The Knife and Fever Ray the past couple months, so this is pretty exciting.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    https://www.nin.com/trent-reznor-att...for-fever-ray/

FEVER RAY (AKA KARIN DREIJER) HAS ANNOUNCED RADICAL ROMANTICS, THEIR FIRST NEW ALBUM IN FIVE-PLUS YEARS, OUT MARCH 10TH ON MUTE WHICH FEATURES TWO SONGS, ‘EVEN IT OUT’ AND ‘NORTH,’ CO-PRODUCED BY TRENT REZNOR & ATTICUS ROSS. AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER HERE.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Coming soon

Last edited by imail724; 02-14-2023 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor – Drum Slayer!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Where is this from? What is this advertising? (I lucky have already preordered the Fever Ray album coming out in March.)

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Coming soon

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Where is this from? What is this advertising? (I lucky have already preordered the Fever Ray album coming out in March.)
    It's from Fever Ray's social network posts. Sure looks like an ad for a music video to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yep, I got confirmation from the director: a new music video is coming out soon! So hard to try and guess what it could sound like, but for what it’s worth I do know that Karin likes a lot of the Watchmen tracks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am so bloody happy that TR/AR are working with her! While I never really got into The Knife, I absolutely love Fever Ray, and Karin just seems like a total font of creativity.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    “...and Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, who underpin the album’s darkest moments with tape hiss and industrial fuzz” - Gaurdian

“...so did Nine Inch Nails braintrust and powerhouse soundtrack composers Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, whose post-industrial handiwork appears on the vengeful “Even It Out,” which is perhaps the first pop song ever recorded in which a parent openly threatens their child’s high school bully. “There’s no room for you,” Dreijer seethes over a steely, pummeling beat. “And we know where you live!” - Pitchfork
    At what point did you decide to bring in Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross?
    I was very into the Watchmen TV series. I had watched it three times and really liked their music in it. I was thinking it would be fun if they wanted to be involved. I asked them to collaborate on “Even It Out,” which stands out from the rest because it has a very clear story. It is about revenge on your kid’s bully. I’m almost 50 years old now, and they are also very old, and I know Trent has a lot of kids. So I thought it would be a fun thing to collaborate on, this story of parental revenge.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    “...and Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, who underpin the album’s darkest moments with tape hiss and industrial fuzz” - Gaurdian

“...so did Nine Inch Nails braintrust and powerhouse soundtrack composers Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, whose post-industrial handiwork appears on the vengeful “Even It Out,” which is perhaps the first pop song ever recorded in which a parent openly threatens their child’s high school bully. “There’s no room for you,” Dreijer seethes over a steely, pummeling beat. “And we know where you live!” - Pitchfork
    At what point did you decide to bring in Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross?
    I was very into the Watchmen TV series. I had watched it three times and really liked their music in it. I was thinking it would be fun if they wanted to be involved. I asked them to collaborate on “Even It Out,” which stands out from the rest because it has a very clear story. It is about revenge on your kid’s bully. I’m almost 50 years old now, and they are also very old, and I know Trent has a lot of kids. So I thought it would be a fun thing to collaborate on, this story of parental revenge.
    ".... they are also very old...." Nice.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the line "story of parental revenge" is great. Love it. Can't wait to hear it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    I am so bloody happy that TR/AR are working with her! While I never really got into The Knife, I absolutely love Fever Ray, and Karin just seems like a total font of creativity.
    Do yourself a favor and at least check out these 2 tracks! )

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i wasn't huge on Plunge so i'm hoping i can get into this new one more

also, yes, we need more people openly threatening bullies

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I ended up preordering this record back in the fall last year because of how much I loved those first two singles, so I'm excited to hear whats in this one!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The 'Even It Out' music video will premiere on March 10th (Radical Romantics release day!!) at 330pm CET

It is directed by Martin Falck and features cameo appearances by the amazing Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross from @Nin einchnails

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Album is dripping, if anyone's looking.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I can't prove it, but I swear to god that I predicted that they'd appear in the video via footage on an old CRT TV.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Wasn't feeling it for the first 40 or so seconds in a "what the hell is this" sort of way (I'm not acquainted with Karin Dreijer / Fever Ray) but came around on this pretty damn quickly. Killer track. (pun)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I dig their Divine homage.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    An Atmos mix is available through Apple Music if anyone is into that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good song, but not sure how I feel about the video. I was hoping Trent's role, with a credit like "Drum Slayer" would be a little more fun or funny, I think. As it is, he and Atticus are in "blink and you'll miss it" parts.
    Last edited by Jazzkokehead; 03-10-2023 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That's what I was hoping for as well! Thought they be decked out in costume, and be active characters in a super weird video.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Album is fantastic, by the way.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Album is fantastic, by the way.
    Agreed! I gave it a once-through earlier and enjoyed it quite a bit. Album sequencing with Bottom of the Ocean as the closing track was an interesting choice, and i don't say that as a criticism.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really did not like her second album at all, but this one F U C K S.

Feels more like a lost Knife album than a Fever Ray album.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Here's the other Trent/Atticus-produced track. Definitely a different vibe than Even It Out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    Good song, but not sure how I feel about the video. I was hoping Trent's role, with a credit like "Drum Slayer" would be a little more fun or funny, I think. As it is, he and Atticus are in "blink and you'll miss it" parts.
    Not my cup of tea either, but TR has said before that he owns every John Waters movie, so I'm sure he loves it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Very excited to give this album a listen and watch the video! I thought Plunge was decent but their debut album was even better, on par with The Knife's Silent Shout and Shaking the Habitual, so I'm happy to see reactions pointing in that direction. Anyone catching one of the shows on their upcoming tour? - my sister and I are going to their performance at Terminal 5 in early May.