Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: El-P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Has anyone got the high quality download? What’s the sample / bit rate on that?
    WAV, so I imagine CD quality unless there's WAV with higher quality.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This album is amazing! or SLAPS as the kids say... Wonder if TR has had a listen yet.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    there's no RTJ thread? Well, Ok... I'm listening to 4 now and really liking it. First impression is stronger for me than anything I've heard from them before.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    RTJ2 has always been my top album, but RTJ4 is definitely up there! I like it much more than RTJ3. At the moment, RTJ4 is second place, but battling to steal that #1 spot from RT2. Loving this record!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    RTJ2 has always been my top album, but RTJ4 is definitely up there! I like it much more than RTJ3. At the moment, RTJ4 is second place, but battling to steal that #1 spot from RT2. Loving this record!
    I agree with this 100%. Definitely better than 3, time will tell if it surpasses 2.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hehe, wow! The ranking seems to be all over the place for the four RTJ records.

For me it's:

RJT3/4 (can't decide yet)
    RTJ
    RTJ2

I always believe that 3 has more "hits", but I'm totally digging the beats on number 4 right now. It's a way meaner and unpleasent record and very much needed right now. During my first listen I was mad that Zack would just be a sample but his verses are great. Can't say that about J-Ho though who is barely noticeable apart from some wailing. The song he's on is amazing though!

A truly powerful and zeitgeist-y record! Had no idea that they would knock it out of the park like this.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Still trying to pick up my jaw from the floor. RTJ4 surpassed all my expectations.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Because the El-P thread started long before RtJ I believe, and i would imagine people never thought RtJ would blow up the way it did when the project first formed (I imagine El-P & Killer Mike didn't either), so it just kept staying in here bc why start a new thread that might not get any traction, ya know?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    tbf they earned a seperate thread at the latest when RTJ2 blew up the way it did.

Also: Anyone here, that got into EL-P's music through him re-releasing his older work in the last couple months/years? How did it sound to you? Was it better/weaker than you expected from knowing him through RTJ?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    We could rename this thread to an all-encompassing one (RTJ+KM+El-P), like Steven Wilson's "catch-all" thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    We could rename this thread to an all-encompassing one (RTJ+KM+El-P), like Steven Wilson's "catch-all" thread.
    The Jewel Runners Thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Sorry if this is too simple a question, but do you think that the 'I can't breathe' lyric in 'Walking in the snow' was written before or after George Floyd? Such a powerful song.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Sorry if this is too simple a question, but do you think that the 'I can't breathe' lyric in 'Walking in the snow' was written before or after George Floyd? Such a powerful song.
    Before George Floyd, after Eric Garner...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The Jewel Runners Thread
    Please let’s do this.

On another note, looking forward to this for sure

https://pitchfork.com/news/run-the-j...on-adult-swim/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    RTJ performing RTJ4 live tonight on Adult Swim and HBO Max, Midnight ET / 11 Central / 9 PT, check that shit!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Stoked!

Hope they don't do just ALL RTJ4 songs though. Least give me one encore.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    The sound mix is amazing, and I really like the black-and-white videos of the featured artists. Would have been cooler if they actually performed live from their homes or something, but I'm sure something like this would have been ten times harder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah that was pretty fuckin dope!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    In case anyone missed it...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    How come I knew it'd be uploaded in full so I didn't need to watch live?

It was pretty quality. RTJ4 is not my favorite album and its good. Pulling the Pin was my favorite performance.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-19-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    lots of RtJ info out there...

And let's not forget this non-RtJ3 gem from the newest Shadow record:

Yesterday YouTube suggested me their performance at ACL's Moody Theater, and that's where I found out about this song. I looked it up on YouTube to find the studio version, and found this gem of a music video, 4 years later! Possibly one of the best videos I've seen. I didn't see the ACL show here, so let me post it. One of the best live shows on YouTube I've seen, the crowd energy is insane! (Edit: I saw that @BRoswell posted the concert a couple pages back, but I'll repost it here because it is simply one of the most brilliant concerts I've seen...after listening to this concert with headphones on I now made it a bucket list item to see RTJ live next year, if the RATM tour happens. Funny how it works...RATM is one of the few bands in my bucket list I have not seen yet, but for me, now, in 2020, it is much more vital to see RTJ than RATM).

Last edited by cahernandez; 11-19-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    EL's being interviewed for a series of podcasts centering on his career. This week's episode is about Fantastic Damage, his debut album, next up will probably be about I'll Sleep When You're Dead and the time leading up to it, where he remixed NIN and made a song with TRAR for the album. You can stream it here:

https://starburns.audio/podcasts/what-had-happened-was/
    Last edited by r_z; 04-24-2021 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    EL's being interviewed for a series of podcasts centering on his career. This week's episode is about Fantastic Damage, his debut album, next up will probably be about I'll Sleep When You're Dead and the time leading up to it, where he remixed NIN and made a song with TRAR for the album. You can stream it here:

https://starburns.audio/podcasts/what-had-happened-was/
    Turns out this week's episode is actually about EL's label, Def Jux. So the NIN spotting we'll probably get next week.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

bangerrrrrrrr

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Guys, I'm selling the RTJ4 Pink shirt, L. I bought it from the UK store, but it was too big for me, and since I'm based in the US it's kind of a hassle to return it, so that's why I'm selling it. It's going for $35, new, only used it to try it on (the pink shirt is not on the US website anymore). Shoot me a DM if you are interested.