Arguably one of the greatest Hip-Hop producers/rappers of all time, his prolific career spans almost of a decade of ground-breaking material. With his upcoming follow-up to "I'll Sleep When You're Dead," I think 2012's "Cancer For Cure" has a lot of promise and could be one of the year's best releases. A few months ago El released a track with Adult Swim from the upcoming album that you can listen to here:

I think it's a pretty nice track but I have extremely high expectations for his next full solo album, however I've never known the man to disappoint. El's also been working (as far as I'm aware) exclusively as Killer Mike's producer on his next project, "R.A.P. Music" although I'm not a gigantic fan of KM's prior work.

If El-P's misc. work from 2011 is any reflection of what's to come this year, I'd say we're in for a lot of great music. If anyone's unfamiliar with his work, here's a few songs you might enjoy:

Company Flow's Last Good Sleep from 1997's Funcrusher Plus

El-P's Accidents Don't Happen from 2002's Fantastic Damage

Mr. Muthafuckin' ExQuire's The Last Huzzah ft. Das Racist, Despot, Danny Brown, and El-P