Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: El-P

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Hehe, wow! The ranking seems to be all over the place for the four RTJ records.

For me it's:

RJT3/4 (can't decide yet)
    RTJ
    RTJ2

I always believe that 3 has more "hits", but I'm totally digging the beats on number 4 right now. It's a way meaner and unpleasent record and very much needed right now. During my first listen I was mad that Zack would just be a sample but his verses are great. Can't say that about J-Ho though who is barely noticeable apart from some wailing. The song he's on is amazing though!

A truly powerful and zeitgeist-y record! Had no idea that they would knock it out of the park like this.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Still trying to pick up my jaw from the floor. RTJ4 surpassed all my expectations.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    there's no RTJ thread? Well, Ok... I'm listening to 4 now and really liking it. First impression is stronger for me than anything I've heard from them before.
    Is there a reason we don't have a Run the Jewels thread? El-P still does a lot of work outside of the project and Killer Mike had/has a healthy solo career as well.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Because the El-P thread started long before RtJ I believe, and i would imagine people never thought RtJ would blow up the way it did when the project first formed (I imagine El-P & Killer Mike didn't either), so it just kept staying in here bc why start a new thread that might not get any traction, ya know?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    tbf they earned a seperate thread at the latest when RTJ2 blew up the way it did.

Also: Anyone here, that got into EL-P's music through him re-releasing his older work in the last couple months/years? How did it sound to you? Was it better/weaker than you expected from knowing him through RTJ?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    We could rename this thread to an all-encompassing one (RTJ+KM+El-P), like Steven Wilson's "catch-all" thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    We could rename this thread to an all-encompassing one (RTJ+KM+El-P), like Steven Wilson's "catch-all" thread.
    The Jewel Runners Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sorry if this is too simple a question, but do you think that the 'I can't breathe' lyric in 'Walking in the snow' was written before or after George Floyd? Such a powerful song.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Sorry if this is too simple a question, but do you think that the 'I can't breathe' lyric in 'Walking in the snow' was written before or after George Floyd? Such a powerful song.
    Before George Floyd, after Eric Garner...