Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Far Cry 3

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Far Cry 3

Welcome to the Insanity!

So, I bought this game the weekend after Launch and I must say I am glad that I did. The gameplay is explosive, fun and largely rewarding. The story is also engrossing in its own right.

I'm not that huge into free-roam open worlds but I am loving this game immensely for it. I find myself doing side-quests and exploring more than anything linear story-related like I normally would. I've already synched half of the radio towers, liberated over half the outposts, hunted a majority of the animals and did a shit ton of stuff outside the main quest story. Definitely a hugely fun game that I am glad that I picked up.

Multiplayer is a basic hum-drum FPS style, decent but not much playtime. Co-op is fun but mostly the same thing - kill enemies, arm some sort of bomb(s), kill enemies, repair something, kill enemies. Not that involved or thought out but fun for what it is with my friend and I to dick around in. This is definitely a game I think I could 1000 G in, at least until DLC inevitably drops.

Speaking of which, old news I never looked up pretty much illustrates I was sold an incomplete product in the Co-op as PS3 users only will get two more add-on DLC co-op chapters that bring the total of co-op chapters up to 8 in total. Not even a timed exclusive, it's just straight up exclusive to PS3. I have both systems but I find that a really ill way to handle things. Least when Xbox gets DLC it's timed only and others can enjoy it, Sony straight up cock blocks everyone in this Ubisoft/Sony love affair.

Either way, sorry for mini-rant: This game rules!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just bought this. Absolutely amazing. Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This game is freaking amazing. I need some time to sit and actually play the shit out of it because it is very overwhelming when you first start; there is so much to do but I love that. I love how you get a new tattoo every time you gain a new skill, and I love the story and characters. After just getting Dmc, Resistance 3, and Borderlands.. shit this is going to be hard!! Plus, the game looks amazing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I played this game non-stop for about 15 hours last night (and today I guess). It's okay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is on sale on steam right now. 20 bucks off.

I'm definitely glad I'm playing it on PC, I'm loving it, and I'm much more inclined to spend more time playing when I'm at my PC than when I'm at my PS3. Anyway, yeah, this rules. The integrated cinematics are great and the trippy stuff is very interesting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Want. . . Apparently this will be available as a standalone. Far Cry 3 not required to play. . .

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, I seen this after its announcement. What I was to know is, if this isn't part of Far Cry 3 then why does it have 3 in the title? It should have been called far Cry: Blood Dragon

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I too saw it when it was announced.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That looks ridiculously fun. I'm sure they'll shoehorn it onto the original story somehow - maybe Jason gets stoned and falls asleep watching old-school cartoons and has a dream based on them + his experiences on the Island. Who cares though. I'm not complaining about an excuse to revisit the gameplay of one of the top 10 greatest games of this generation. Hopefully there's lots of exploration and sidequesting amongst the crazy action.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just finished Blood Dragon. Really hope they make a sequel... For now I guess I'm going to have to buy Far Cry 3...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I downloaded the trial and enjoyed it. I want to get the full game but $15.00 is a bit steep at the moment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Eh, I went and did it.

Much different than the original Far Cry 3. Kinda cool and involved. I'll take my time on it. Those Blood Dragons are hard as fuck to kill.

Edit: The music in this is incredibly great.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-09-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just liberated the first Garrison. The music is awesome and I laughed way harder at the "tutorial" and Spider's hacking technobabble than I probably should have.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just beat the game 100% and every achievement. Fun game. Loved playing it. Worth the price.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like the next Far Cry will be Far Cry: Primal

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK Far Cry 5, with Red Dead delayed, you have my attention.

That being said, as much as i enjoyed Far Cry 4 it didn't take me long to finish it so i hope this one will have more replay value (that was during a time when i was signed off work and going through games like oxygen though!)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I will happily take any game that implies that the Bundy family belongs on the same list as Pagan Minh and Vaas

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I look forward to killing some alt right scum.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Oh my, some people on various game message boards and angry at Unibsoft for making Hetrosexual Christians the bad guy's...let's forget it's a video game

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Drops end of February...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm excited about the new setting, not just another random tropical island. Looking forward to mowing down some religious nuts.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Internet is already losing their shit saying that kid is young Vaas from FC3. I do have to admit the scar in the right eyebrow is seemingly identical. Regardless, I'm always onboard for more Far Cry.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    November 17, 2020... 2 days before Cyberpunk 2077.

Ubisoft Forward stream is at 2pm central today.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    November 17, 2020... 2 days before Cyberpunk 2077.

Ubisoft Forward stream is at 2pm central today.
    Oh really? Damn I read somewhere in passing that it was like Jan or Feb. Damn, if this looks solid I'm gonna have to pick it up along with 2077 and the new AC.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh really? Damn I read somewhere in passing that it was like Jan or Feb. Damn, if this looks solid I'm gonna have to pick it up along with 2077 and the new AC.
    I think the original statement said something like "between now (April 2020) and March 2021". Yesterday was the first time I'd seen that November 17th date thrown around.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    November 17 is for AC: Valhalla, FC6 is out February 18. Pretty underwhelming event today though... FC6 looks promising though, despite the screenshots seemingly being target renders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Sucide View Post
    Just beat the game 100% and every achievement. Fun game. Loved playing it. Worth the price.
    It is interesting that even now in 2021 this game still awakes the same emotions like in the year of release. Gaming classics.