Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dark pyromancy flame + flame swathe = holy shit

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I defeated all Memories from the Ashen Mist Heart and have done every boss minus I think 3. I cannot kill Vendrick no matter how hard I try. I only have 3 souls. I'm not even going to attempt to fight the Ancient Dragon and I already used one Giant Soul i got from Black Gulch (didn't fucking know you needed it) and I really don't want to use a Bonfire Ascetic. Might be stuck doing that shit though. I'm still stuck with only 3. I know 5 makes him entirely easily manageable, even with Ascetic I can only get 4. Unless I do another. It sucks.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-30-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: autocorrect is an ass

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    What a coincidence, I was just about to bump this thread. I beat Dark Souls earlier today for my first time. That makes Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls both down. Next up, Dark Souls 2. May take a break and go with something else for a while though.

Dark Souls was fun, I tanked out my character.

I never really used any magic, never even needed to learn how to use most of it. A few times I tried to enchant my weapon but I could never figure out how to make it work. The difficulty level felt more balanced than in Demon’s Souls. Lost Izalith was the only spot in the game that got ridiculous for me. I just wish that the leveling system didn’t peter out once you start to get up there, it kind of takes the wind out of the sails as far as a reason to keep playing another round.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just started Dark Souls 2 a week or 2 ago, never played the first one (impossible to find for 360 these days, apparently) but it's really a lot of fun. Quite frustrating at times but I knew it was going to be a grind so I'm not too worked up about it. just pissed at myself for accidentally killing the armorer in Majula because I'm still wearing the same crap I had when I started going through Forest of the Fallen Giants. Might just start from scratch now that I kinda sorta know what I'm doing but I'm already 20-ish hours in.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Just started Dark Souls 2 a week or 2 ago, never played the first one (impossible to find for 360 these days, apparently) but it's really a lot of fun. Quite frustrating at times but I knew it was going to be a grind so I'm not too worked up about it. just pissed at myself for accidentally killing the armorer in Majula because I'm still wearing the same crap I had when I started going through Forest of the Fallen Giants. Might just start from scratch now that I kinda sorta know what I'm doing but I'm already 20-ish hours in.
    There's another blacksmith in Lost Bastille, McDuff. He's better than the one in Majula since he can craft enhancements to your weapons.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I beat the main story of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. I need to do the DLC and mop up trophies and perhaps go another round. I am using the Demon's Great Hammer (bad ass shit) and using Havel's Armor set and shield.

Also here:

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/dark-soul...enshots-leaked

Dark Souls III info! ^
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-06-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm really surprised that the PC version is "debatable".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm really surprised that the PC version is "debatable".
    That's most likely a translation error. Just take a look at patch update threads in the dark souls 2 reddit.
    It would be illogical for from software to not release a pc version of Dark Souls III.
    If anything a pc release would be delayed or released at a later date just like Dark Souls I and II.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06...y-2016-release
    Early 2016.
    As I've barely touched 2, nor finished Bloodborne yet, I am not really pumped, I'm torn between thinking I want DS3 to carve its own path from Bloodborne, yet, also learn from taking a simpler approach. Still, glad to see its on its way.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Dark souls III won’t be the last in the series.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-turning-point

Honestly though its feels to me like I've reached my limit with the souls games, I'm burnt out from playing them way too much.
    I'd probably pick up three when it’s re-released with bundled dlc (game of the year, definitive edition or whatever with weapon re-balancing, performance patches, etc.).

I haven't picked up Blood Borne yet since I believe it doesn't warrant a full retail price.
    I'm waiting for this sucker to go down in price before I buy it and even then I'm not that interested in playing it at this point.
    I might as well just wait until they release the game with all of the dlc's they have been hinting about.

Of course this is only my personal experience and I've got only myself to blame for getting burnt out of these games.

I've played the hell out of Demon souls, Dark Souls, and Dark souls II vanilla and scholars. I've most likely played about 1,000 hours of soul’s games all together if not more (wow I suck and no I'm not a griefer).

Scholar of the first sin is still fresh in my mind. As ambitious as DSII was it felt like From Soft totally missed the mark and forgot to implement what made the Demon/Dark Souls games so amazing.

They somewhat rectified this in the three expansions for Dark Souls 2 but it was so short and left me wanting more.

The only way I see myself playing Dark Souls III is if they completely overhaul the game mechanics and make it fell almost completely new.

If the three Crowns Dlc's is what’s to be expected and are expanded upon for Dark Souls III then it would have my attention.

As it stands right now with the leaked info about Dark Souls III it seems From Soft really isn't changing much and is just adding a few new enemy variations.
    Time will tell and hopefully I'm wrong.

BTW The Teaser trailer did nothing for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I NEED THIS NOW.

Amazing gameplay. The Ashen Judge looks tricky.

They so took everything from Bloodborne.
    @Jinsai @Wretchedest @ziltoid
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-16-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: taggin' peepz

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    By coincidence I have been replaying bloodborn lately and it's the greatest

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    @Space Suicide

Yeah I'm excited for Dark Souls 3 and I saw that video earlier when the information embargo lifted.
    And one other video that showcased the new hub area and other stuff. (WOW!)

After that I stopped looking up info and went on a Dark Souls 3 information blackout to avoid anymore spoilers.
    I saw enough of Dark Souls 3 for it to convince me that it will be just as good as Dark Souls 1 if not better.

One of the biggest selling points for me is that Miyazaki is back.
    In an interview that I read, but can't recall where, it states that Hidetaka Miyazaki took the best mechanics of Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and integrated it all for Dark Souls 3.

BTW there's some good information on reddit for Dark Souls 3.
    They tag anything with spoilers so you know not to click on it if you want to avoid them.
    They've done a great job of keeping the threads clean and spoiler free.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    By coincidence I have been replaying bloodborn lately and it's the greatest
    Might be my favorite game of all time

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Did you guys play the Bloodborne expansion? Soooooo good.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    by the way, if you need something to tide you over till DS3 comes out, pick up Salt and Sanctuary. It's like a 2D Metroidvania version of Dark Souls, and it actually totally nails it. The game is also huge... crazy huge if you go by the price.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/24/how...4-or-xbox-one/

I'm sooooooo tempted to do this on my Xbox.
    @Jinsai @Wretchedest @ziltoid

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I've already got a JP account on my PS4.... hmmmmm...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think they fixed that loophole for both the one and ps4.

It's a figurative shit show up on reddit with how Namco Bandai is handling it.
    Any person that has a significant amount of followers on twitch and/or youtube can literally tweet Namco Bandai for a steam key to play the game 3 weeks early and stream it on their channels.
    The core fans are furious about it and I don't blame them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I think they fixed that loophole for both the one and ps4.

It's a figurative shit show up on reddit with how Namco Bandai is handling it.
    Any person that has a significant amount of followers on twitch and/or youtube can literally tweet Namco Bandai for a steam key to play the game 3 weeks early and stream it on their channels.
    The core fans are furious about it and I don't blame them.
    I didn't feel like fucking with all the region mumbo jumbo so I'll just wait. I have the first game on my One now so no worries waiting...right...ugh.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Actually I think its best to replay and reintroduce yourself with the lore with the first Dark Souls than with #2.

I read on reddit (spoiler free of course) that some people watched some of the streamers and said that most of what they saw ties in directly to the lore of 1 more-so than 2.
    Which makes sense since Miyazaki San directed 1 & 3.

I too have been playing a bit of 1 on steam and I don't mind that people can play the game 3 weeks early as long as they don't spoil anything for me.

Some screen shots I've taken. I need to find out how to make uncompressed screenshots.
    Here's a few more:http://steamcommunity.com/id/illegal...iles&view=grid

The original ghost enemy in the wall?

Dark souls 2 Drunken Edition:
    Last edited by ziltoid; 03-24-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mini animated short directed by Eli Roth.

Barely under 2 weeks people.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Been replaying Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin on my Xbox One. I beat the game last year on PS4. I chose to do a sorcerer build this time and well it's been okay until tonight. The Iron keep can kiss my ass. I hate this area and the Smelter Demon has pissed me off for the night. Got to him twice and did fuck all nothing for damage. I died when willpower fizzled. The second time involved a camera fuck up which messed up my roll resulting in an immediate death. Last 2 deaths involved me falling off the fucking platform on the way to him because of my casting magic animation. What type of bullshit is that? That's fucking stupid and something I NEVER agreed with in this game series. Swinging a sword and moving forward sure but "standing" in place with a staff should't make me fall off the map by moving an inch during the animation. 80% of my deaths are related to map falling deaths than actually dying by an enemy.

Usually I'm calm with this game series and game but tonight it made me extremely angry. After frustration flared I tried summoning phantoms. There were none and when I got them on two runs it was my death from falling off platforms mentioned above that ended their time with me. I literally wasted 3 hours for nothing. No progress at all. Ugh.

I said fuck it. I'll try the area and that asshole boss tomorrow.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-30-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I've been planning to give Dark Souls 2 another try to stave off the wait... It's still the only game in the series that I didn't (eventually) get obsessed with. It just never truly pulled me in, and I don't know what it is about it. I got pretty far into the game, and then just shelved it... whereas I've unlocked all the achievement/trophies in Demons/Dark1/Bloodborne. Something about it just feels wrong...

I hope I change my mind, but the last time I tried to boot up the PS4 remaster I walked away feeling really irritated. It was like they took a lot of the nagging new "challenge" aspects and just amped them up in even more obnoxious ways. The game always felt really unbalanced, and the Scholar of First Sin version just screwed it up even more.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's been really frustrating jumping into this series as someone who's gotten into PC gaming over the past year. I was aware that Dark Souls was a rushed port carried over from the console version, but even with the performance mods it's hard not to get irritated by many of the technical misgivings that you're supposed to just deal with (physics being tied to framerate; ugly scan lines when running the game at 60fps; playing the game at 30fps as intended yet drops to 15fps to maintain v-sync regardless of your specs).

I really don't mind playing it on PS3, which I'm kind of bummed that I haven't already. I also realized that probably I shouldn't pass up playing Demon Souls first (a PS3 exclusive). Bloodborne will have me dusting off my PS4 for the first time in months. Hell, even that 2D homage Salt & Sanctuary is only available on PS4 at the moment. :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So beat The Duke's Dear Freja yesterday and revisited the Iron Keep again. With help of 2 phantoms I finally beat the Smelter Asshole. Then made quick work of the Old Iron king. I'm aiming to be done with most major storyline based bosses and areas before DS3 drops. I got a week!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    What platforms do you guys play the soul series on?
    For the longest I've played on the ps3 and pick up scholar on steam.

I've been playing solely on my PC for Dks1+2 and will play Dks3 on the PC as well.
    Guys add me on steam if you like: illegaldustbin

Also these are benchmarks for the unpatched game so, I expect a few more frames than what was tested as well as some stability fixes when the patch is released.
    So far I'll be able to run it at max, 1080p, at around 50-60 fps pre patch.
    I'm excited only 6 more days to go!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    What platforms do you guys play the soul series on?
    For the longest I've played on the ps3 and pick up scholar on steam.

I've been playing solely on my PC for Dks1+2 and will play Dks3 on the PC as well.
    Guys add me on steam if you like: illegaldustbin

Also these are benchmarks for the unpatched game so, I expect a few more frames than what was tested as well as some stability fixes when the patch is released.
    So far I'll be able to run it at max, 1080p, at around 50-60 fps pre patch.
    I'm excited only 6 more days to go!
    I'm not a PC player so usually my opinions and input don't mean much to most (no one here is a PC master race fuckhead).

I've been mostly Xbox 360 and Xbox One based. I own Dark Souls and Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin on Xbox One. I pre-ordered Dark Souls III on my Xbox One as well.

HOWEVER I first bought and beat Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin on my PS4 last year in May. I bought it almost immediately after I beat Bloodborne. It only seemed natural to do.

-

I beat the Black Gulch and the Rotten today. I'm currently fucking about in Drangleic Castle. Hopefully I'll have the game beaten by Sunday or Monday the latest so I can hop over to DSIII like immediately.