Thread: Dark Souls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so far I'm liking it... but I'm really lost. Also, I guess now every time you die, your max life bar decreases a notch? This is making things a lot more difficult. Wonder what to do about that...

Also, I'm not sure if I'm going the right way, but these giant knight guys seem to be really overpowered. They take about 10 hits, and with my life cut in half already, they take me out with two hits.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    They take about 10 hits, and with my life cut in half already, they take me out with two hits.
    Sounds as fun as the first game (not counting Demon's Souls) then.

I lack the patience to play this game/series. I own the first game but haven't done much after killing the Taurus Demon aka the asshole on the bridge. I doubt I'll ever touch it again, unless I am feeling sadomasochistic.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-13-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just picked up the first game. Jesus, I've been missing out. This game feels like a 3d version of a hard-ass 2d NES game. Its a glorious slap in the face to hand-holding modern game design, with fast regenerating health and boss fights being phased out. Its the type of game I never realized I wanted until I played it. It feels very satisfying just getting past some regular enemies. I'm dying over and over again like I'm playing Ghouls and Ghost or Ninja Gaiden, and I'm loving it. Its a gamer's game.

I'll get DS2 when I finish this one, which may take a long time. It'll probably be $20 by then.