Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tick tock tick tock....

One day left officially.

I might be able to beat Iudex Gundyr tomorrow night after midnight before I need to go to bed for my hellish 4:30 am wake up before work at 5. Ugh I can't wait!

Back in DSII I just now made it to Aldia's Keep. I just have that, Dragon Shrine, getting the ashen mist heart and then Nashandra. I won't beat the game by time DSIII is out. Oh well.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    just got past the third boss... game is great. They've done away with the stuff in DSII that bothered the hell out of me. Definitely doesn't seem to be as challenging as the other games though. So far the hardest fight has been the first boss. Still loving it so far though.

One issue I'm having is with the targeting though. Seems a little off at times. I'll be staring right at a mob coming at me, click the right stick in, and it won't target.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    just got past the third boss... game is great. They've done away with the stuff in DSII that bothered the hell out of me. Definitely doesn't seem to be as challenging as the other games though. So far the hardest fight has been the first boss. Still loving it so far though.

One issue I'm having is with the targeting though. Seems a little off at times. I'll be staring right at a mob coming at me, click the right stick in, and it won't target.
    Well you've played both Souls games AND Bloodborne so let's just chock it up as you're good? I didn't die until I tried getting that Kitana near Firelink Shrine. Old me would've died at Iudex Gundyr multiple times but my time with all these games has made it not so difficult. I beat Iudex in one try.

I went with a warrior. I'm gonna dive so hard into this game today.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Well you've played both Souls games AND Bloodborne so let's just chock it up as you're good? I didn't die until I tried getting that Kitana near Firelink Shrine. Old me would've died at Iudex Gundyr multiple times but my time with all these games has made it not so difficult. I beat Iudex in one try.

I went with a warrior. I'm gonna dive so hard into this game today.
    Maybe Iudex Gundyr was hard because I was playing as defiled lvl 1 class... you basically had to beat him without hardly getting hit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Summoning signs in this game are fucked up big time. Passwords are pretty much useless. No joke, I just wasted close to an hour trying to matchmake to my friend but my summoning sign never once appeared on his screen. Sometimes his did on mine but not too often. I hope they address this ASAP.

I beat the Vordt of the Boreal Valley.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-12-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Still not a lot of info regarding co-op. I'm guessing its still within 10% of your level and I'm assuming you both were within range so just chock it up to the servers being overloaded.
    So far only died once to an ambush I didn't expect but yeah, we soul veterans probably wont see much of a challenge until mid-game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Still not a lot of info regarding co-op. I'm guessing its still within 10% of your level and I'm assuming you both were within range so just chock it up to the servers being overloaded.
    So far only died once to an ambush I didn't expect but yeah, we soul veterans probably wont see much of a challenge until mid-game.
    I don't know but hopefully it works soon. I really enjoy being a phantom to my friend and vice versa. Makes for fun times hacking and slashing shit to pieces.

Also, that main menu theme though....

Love it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Game is really good, I think I'm getting burned out on Souls games though. I should've given them a slight break between Bloodborne DLC and DS3.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've hit a brick wall in difficulty thanks to the Abyss Watchers. :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After 2 hours or so I finally clicked with a phantom I summoned and managed to best the Abyss Watchers. The first portion of the fight is easy, it's when he has the fire damage aoe in the second half where I fail. By far the hardest fight in game so far. Probably one of my favorite in the series as well because even though the fight was difficult it was very cool and original. I also dig the Abyss Watchers backstory. Also no clue why but I really wanted their gear and the Farron Greatsword. I bought the whole set and the sword. The sword is awesome but slow so I'll have to tailor my playstyle a bit.

On an unrelated note, I was never much of an invader in this series or Bloodborne but I thought I'd try out my new duds and invade. I don't care for it. It's impossible for a fair fight. I invaded 4 times, literally 1v3 every time. I don't want to gank people but fuck. Last invasion was me versus host of ember, a normal phantom and a blue phantom. I nearly killed both the blue and normal phantoms but they recovered with their estrus flasks before I could use the item to ban usage. I then got trapped on a wall and triple teamed to death basically a minute later. I'm done invading.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So how's everyones' progression thus far? I'm right before Aldrich, Devourer of Gods. So I just made it to Anor Londo.

In other news, my first invasion success was fun as fuck. I laugh at the end everytime.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I beat the game and all the bosses yesterday. The game really surpassed all my expectations. I wish I had known about the circumstances with certain NPC's dropping dead and their questlines without needing to look them up.

While trying to figure out the place I saw this guys summon sign and I had to summon him. He was awesome.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I think I'm pretty close to the end of the game, and I've loved it, but I still gotta say that I think Bloodborne wins, and this still feels a little like a step back. The combat in Bloodborne is more fluid and exciting, and the lore was way more interesting. There's things I like about this better, but I'm spoiled a bit by Bloodborne I think.

The world is bigger, the challenge ramp is the best balance yet in the series, the RPG mechanics are perfectly dialed in, and it's an amazing game. I'll still be surprised if I play a better game this year (ffXV?), but I'll be stuck on this for a while.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think I'm pretty close to the end of the game, and I've loved it, but I still gotta say that I think Bloodborne wins, and this still feels a little like a step back. The combat in Bloodborne is more fluid and exciting, and the lore was way more interesting. There's things I like about this better, but I'm spoiled a bit by Bloodborne I think.

The world is bigger, the challenge ramp is the best balance yet in the series, the RPG mechanics are perfectly dialed in, and it's an amazing game. I'll still be surprised if I play a better game this year (ffXV?), but I'll be stuck on this for a while.
    Unlike the other games I plan to dive into DS3 NG+ and potentially NG++ if time allows.

I checked my Xbox Social tab for Dark Souls III and it says my game progress is at 65% so I still got a bit left to enjoy.

Last night was infuriating in the area before Anor Londo. Constant invasions from Aldritch's Faithful covenant. I got invaded by 2 phantoms 5 attempts in a row. It was ok but after the third time I just kinda said fuck it and let them kill me every time. Eventually I said fuck exploring and just ran unembered to the next bonfire. I even put Way of the Blue covenant as my chosen token and I never got Blue phantom help to even the odds.

HOWEVER, I came back to the area after killing Aldrich (why is the covenant name spelled different than the boss/character?) and joined that Faithful covenant to be the dickhead that I hated prior. I got summoned 3 times back to back to back to invade the area. It was quite fun being on the other end but I wouldn't spam the covenant invasions so I took it off after about 10 minutes. I'll revisit it sometime for invasion/PVP fun. It was to the point of annoying earlier actually. Anyone else have that issue here?
    @ziltoid @Jinsai

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Yeah its currently glitched so it doesn't automatically summon way of blues for anyone in that area. I learned that the hard way and decided to throw down some prism stones and did a couple of fight clubs until everyone got bored and dueled to death then I went on my way knowing the invasion timer would allow me to go around uninterrupted.

Last edited by ziltoid; 04-21-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I've been having an easier time with invaders in this one... maybe people haven't brushed up. Nine times out of ten I'm crushing the people who come into my game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I just reached The High Wall of Lotheric and, wonderfully, the game just turned into Demon's Souls! I just wish I had the time to continue today.

Also, as the OP of this thread, I'm greatly pleased to see it still in use years later.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just had a small bit of fun being a dickbag Aldritch Faithful member. Managed to kill 4 people 1v1 in each previous invasion. Probably a dork and make a video compilation of it. Feeling accomplished in myself. I'm starting to get super confident in my play style finally. Darksword is the shit. Love this weapon.

Not a PvP God so this is probably swing and amiss in mediocrity for most of you but yeah. Also I sound like a dork at the start. >.<

Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-21-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Just getting started on this now. The feels!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just defeated every boss and optional boss. All that's left is the final boss, whom I have no idea what he looks like or his name as I never looked into it! I'll defeat him and move to NG+ today.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mopping up some random collection and item farming (titanite scales) before I move to NG+. I have over 40 embers. Been helping people out with the Soul of Cinder non stop.

My character shall remain this way for a bit. Found a new fave weapon in the form of Gundyr's Halberd.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Oooh, what armor is that? I'm having problems with Old Demon King at the moment...that entire area is awful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Oooh, what armor is that? I'm having problems with Old Demon King at the moment...that entire area is awful.
    Fire Witch Helm
    Wolf Knight Armor
    Gundyr's Gauntlets
    Gundyr's Leggings

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ah it does look like Artorias's armor, awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Ah it does look like Artorias's armor, awesome.
    After killing Champion Gundyr and going to the Flamless Shrine you can buy the armor set from the Hag Merchant.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've decided against jumping into NG+ immediately. I wanna explore and do PvP for a little while before I reset everything.

Speaking of invasions, I loved this way more than I should've.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Finally cutting a little deeper into this. Beat my second boss. It's Dark Souls as ever, but I think nothing really beats that first dark souls experience, and I suppose that, being my fifth game in the series, they've trained me well enough that it's not as much of a pain in the ass any more. Both bosses went down on their first attempt.

I think I still like Bloodborne best, partly for its unique spot on art directoon, but also because I keep trying to dodge in DS3 like I could hop around in Bloodborne and the result is usually is that I typically am too slow and end up eating an axe.

Few things in gaming feel like those moments when the music swells and a Dark Souls boss shows up and smashes for half your health.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Is there a stat you can level up that's related to shield absorption? These things hit hard!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Is there a stat you can level up that's related to shield absorption? These things hit hard!
    Not that I know of? What shield are you using? Once I found the Shield of Want I withstand every physical hit, unless my guard is broken. It has 100% guard. The other guard stats aren't bad. It only sucks against electricity, but still guards the blow minus the elemental damage.

However, since getting Gundyr's Halberd, I've reverted back to rolling and dodging rather than using a shield.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Taking a break from Bloodborne finds me here again,

Have I never said I didn't play much or beat Dark Souls 1? I got the nerve up to venture further...I finally made it through Blighttown. I just killed Quelaag too. Solo as well. I've done every boss up to her solo. I practically defeated her 3 times. The first two attempts she had less than 3 hits left on both occasions....gah.