Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: NIN Fan Day Sept 23 with live Q&A at Rock Hall

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I LIKE Josh Freese more and definitely agree that he fit in with TR & the rest of the band more, but Jerome has more studio contributions and a longer tenure. Still, the people who have been most important to the band over the years were present in Cleveland 10 days ago.
    Yeah, we could talk in circles about Jerome vs Josh. I agree, bringing Rich and Charlie along show those are the two additional people Trent wanted to include in these events. Everyone else either wasn't as important or dead (We miss you Jeff Ward).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Yeah, we could talk in circles about Jerome vs Josh. I agree, bringing Rich and Charlie along show those are the two additional people Trent wanted to include in these events. Everyone else either wasn't as important or dead (We miss you Jeff Ward).
    Maybe if my dream show with Trent & Danny Elfman happens Josh will be involved.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    I agree. I was not speculating. I was just noting that it was briefly discussed by him, I think it was on Cevin Key's podcast but don't recall. The bottom line is it is kinda rude to assume someone is messed up on drugs without any other consideration. I think he seems like a really funny and genuine guy. I was blown away by him playing with NIN again and his last run with Billy Howerdel. He can live his life how he choses. I am only interested in what he selects to reveal publicly (such as stories in interviews and such) and his art. Anything else is not my business.
    So you were basically mad at ME. I'm sorry.
    I get it. It's not as if our ROCK heroes would ever do anything ILLEGAL.

Honestly, yeah, perhaps my assessment was rude, but having listened to his self deprecating stories over the years, and adding to that the fact that he seems to be especially close to Mr. Chris Vrenna (of Rasputina fame) , whose solo project/ remix handle was...Tweaker?...alongside a pile of anecdotal tales from my friends in the Texas music scene...and, well, you know.

THAT BEING SAID, I fucking LOVE the dude, what i know of him, and i ADORE his work, from NIN to APC, to his rap rock productions, to LIGHTS, to.freaking Eminem and David Bowie and Mr Perry Farell.
    He's utterly INCREDIBLE, AND, he's a regular, standard issue Texas freak, like myself, who managed to be involved with NIN and APC and a WHOLE bunch of other things
    I'm GODDAMN sure not trying to hurt him or laugh at him.

ANYWAY, changing gears, from the immortal Renholder, to the inimitable Re: Josh Freese, think back to those videos he released on tour with NIN.
    He didn't...lol...I think he was being hyperbolic, but he sure didn't seem very HAPPY.

Josh is fucking amazing, but he's DEFINITELY more of a hired gun.
    For every NIN contribution, there's three stints with bands like Puddle of Mudd, or Static-X, or Sting, etc

Hell. Come to think of it, he did all of the drumming on my friend Rhett's solo debut, ffs.

He's badass, but I have a feeling he wasn't... like, he didn't consider HIMSELF a "member" of NIN, is my read on that.
    He played on...The Slip, and two tracks on YZ?
    I get the vibe that he doesn't feel like an NIN member anymore than he feels like a member of Weezer or Sublime or Bruce Springsteen's band.
    He seems FAR more passionate about APC and Devo.

I HIGHLY doubt JF felt slighted in the LEAST. I mean, he's THE GUY you call if you need, and can afford, one of the best drummers in the world, and he's QUITE aware of that.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-09-2022 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ANYWAY, changing gears, from the immortal Renholder, to the inimitable Re: Josh Freese, think back to those videos he released on tour with NIN.
    He didn't...lol...I think he was being hyperbolic, but he sure didn't seem very HAPPY.

Josh is fucking amazing, but he's DEFINITELY more of a hired gun.
    For every NIN contribution, there's three stints with bands like Puddle of Mudd, or Static-X, or Sting, etc

Hell. Come to think of it, he did all of the drumming on my friend Rhett's solo debut, ffs.

He's badass, but I have a feeling he wasn't... like, he didn't consider HIMSELF a "member" of NIN, is my read on that.
    He played on...The Slip, and two tracks on YZ?
    I get the vibe that he doesn't feel like an NIN member anymore than he feels like a member of Weezer or Sublime or Bruce Springsteen's band.
    He seems FAR more passionate about APC and Devo.

I HIGHLY doubt JF felt slighted in the LEAST. I mean, he's THE GUY you call if you need, and can afford, one of the best drummers in the world, and he's QUITE aware of that.
    I've chatted with Josh briefly before, and from that plus what I've heard from him in interviews and podcasts, he seems like a very upbeat and positive guy. I don't think he was unhappy with NIN, or he wouldn't have been involved. He left at the end of 2008 because he didn't want to spend most of 2009 on the road and wanted to focus on family at home.

I think the bands he would consider himself a member of are The Vandals, Devo, and APC, though he left APC after 2011 and only plays with Devo sporadically now. He plays with Sting, but like NIN, that's a hired gun situation. Same with a lot of the other bands he's played with recently. Anyway, all that is to say that yeah, I doubt he cares about being included with NIN or not. He seems like a humble guy who doesn't need to prove anything or need validation from something like that.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've chatted with Josh briefly before, and from that plus what I've heard from him in interviews and podcasts, he seems like a very upbeat and positive guy. I don't think he was unhappy with NIN, or he wouldn't have been involved. He left at the end of 2008 because he didn't want to spend most of 2009 on the road and wanted to focus on family at home.

I think the bands he would consider himself a member of are The Vandals, Devo, and APC, though he left APC after 2011 and only plays with Devo sporadically now. He plays with Sting, but like NIN, that's a hired gun situation. Same with a lot of the other bands he's played with recently. Anyway, all that is to say that yeah, I doubt he cares about being included with NIN or not. He seems like a humble guy who doesn't need to prove anything or need validation from something like that.
    Did you see his tour diaries from 08, though?
    I mean I guess he was likely being hyperbolic
    It was pretty goddamn funny

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Did you see his tour diaries from 08, though?
    I mean I guess he was likely being hyperbolic
    It was pretty goddamn funny
    All of his videos are intentionally weird and off the wall. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Keeping my fingers crossed for this as well for the Friday night show!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Maybe if my dream show with Trent & Danny Elfman happens Josh will be involved.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    All of his videos are intentionally weird and off the wall. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Is that a no, then? I wonder if they're still available.
    They were fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is that a no, then? I wonder if they're still available.
    They were fucking hilarious.
    Yeah, I've seen them.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've seen them.

Holy shit that was amazing. I had never seen that before. Thank you for posting this or I don't know that I would have seen it otherwise!!