Thread: Mastodon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got to see them in Nashville last night and it ruled

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Got to see them in Nashville last night and it ruled
    How long is their set? I'm going to see them next week in Oakland (please no setlist spoilers, I've been avoiding them). And also, how was Opeth and Zeal and Ardor?

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Watch it before it’s removed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just check out the setlist. It helps me keep track of how much time is left. They played for a little over a hour. Half new, half old.

Opeth was cool. I'm trying to get into them now. The visuals were amazing and the band sounded great, but it didn't match the energy of Mastodon. Zeal and Ardor is not my thing lol

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Just check out the setlist. It helps me keep track of how much time is left. They played for a little over a hour. Half new, half old.

Opeth was cool. I'm trying to get into them now. The visuals were amazing and the band sounded great, but it didn't match the energy of Mastodon. Zeal and Ardor is not my thing lol
    Not a fan of Zeal and Ardor whatsoever but Opeth is an interesting band to attempt to listen to. I definitely prefer their older material when it was straight up death metal. After Ghost Reveries they definitely took a more traditional approach and combined progressive metal and an avant-garde styling to be more "digestible" to most. It's an evolution of sound, I get that, but I'm sure the pay is better these days with the sound change.