Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mastodon

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I've always just basically avoided Mastodon for some reason. Something never got to grab me, although it from trying years ago...

But something about this song got to me, even in some of its Rush (IMO) qualities. It's in my head and I don't know what to do with it.

Kinda funny...
    Last Fall, Brent Hinds was in the record store I was working at, and a coworker was like "Somebody famous is in here..."
    I looked around and just assumed it was Brent's girlfriend or wife that they were talking about.
    Shortly after that, I ended up with an iPad in my hands and took some pictures of my manager and Brent.
    Nice enough seeming and mellow fella.
    Not sure where you live, but in the US Primus and Mastodon are having a co-headline tour. So it's worth hitting up if you have a show near you. Primus is enough of a reason to go. Then again that's also assuming if you like Primus.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-17-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just got home from tonight's show, I was in the first row of the pit! Enjoy some photos. I also have a couple of Primus if interested.

https://imgur.com/a/sHDJte7

I recorded Ember City fully and will upload it to YouTube tomorrow.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As stated! It also features the less than enthused security guard front and center.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Badass. I'm jealous; I was planning on going to the Chicago show, but then NIN went ahead and announced a third show, and my wallet took a beating. Still hoping to get there because I love Mastodon and Primus.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dude! I am in the latest photo on Brent’s instagram! I had the Ghost tank on! I’m beside the woman with the pink hair.

https://instagram.com/p/BjAmfLOlmX1/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    DC's Dark Nights: Metal OST released the first song recently. Brann is on vocals killing it.

Dailor says "Red Death" was inspired by the "Batmen" — evil, mutant amalgams of Batman and the Flash — featured in Dark Days: The Road to Metal. "I've always been a fan of anything Batman related and DC Comics as a whole," he says of the track, "so the chance to be connected to that universe is a dream come true."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    These guys ❤️

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mastodon did a pretty faithful cover of Stairway in honor of their now deceased manager for a Record Store Day release.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I picked up a signed one for myself. I also got to use my new rig to tape their set! Can't believe I got to see Crack the Skye in full, The Czar and The Last Baron are two of my favorite Mastodon tracks that I never thought I would see live. Great time all around

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I actually just saw them on Monday as well. That Sultan's Curse hot sauce is quite good.

I've seen them three times now, 2006 opening for Slayer, 2012 with Opeth where they did The Hunter all the way through. I liked this set more than the last one but I don't think anything will ever top that Mastodon/Lamb of God/Slayer show I saw at age 15.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I picked up a signed one for myself. I also got to use my new rig to tape their set! Can't believe I got to see Crack the Skye in full, The Czar and The Last Baron are two of my favorite Mastodon tracks that I never thought I would see live. Great time all around
    But you didn't buy the hot sauce? Way to blow it. Summer ruined.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just saw these guys on Saturday night with Every Time I Die and Coheed and Cambria. Great show!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Just saw these guys on Saturday night with Every Time I Die and Coheed and Cambria. Great show!
    Seeing this tomorrow here in KC. I'm REALLY excited about it. All three of these bands were some of my favorites in high school and it's been years since I've seen any of them. When Mastodon was touring for Crack The Skye 10 years ago, the only time I got to see them on that cycle was a short opening slot for Deftones and AIC. So I am fucking thrilled that I'll finally get to see Skye in it's entirety. Going with one of my best buds from high school too, so it's going to be a truly fun night.

Quick question though, I've read a few places online that said Coheed pre-signed all of the posters and graphic novels and shit and aren't charging extra for it. Was this true at your show?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Seeing this tomorrow here in KC. I'm REALLY excited about it. All three of these bands were some of my favorites in high school and it's been years since I've seen any of them. When Mastodon was touring for Crack The Skye 10 years ago, the only time I got to see them on that cycle was a short opening slot for Deftones and AIC. So I am fucking thrilled that I'll finally get to see Skye in it's entirety. Going with one of my best buds from high school too, so it's going to be a truly fun night.

Quick question though, I've read a few places online that said Coheed pre-signed all of the posters and graphic novels and shit and aren't charging extra for it. Was this true at your show?
    The Last Baron rules live. The show I seen in fall 2017 opened with it. So awesome.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The Last Baron rules live. The show I seen in fall 2017 opened with it. So awesome.
    Dude yeah I am fucking pumped to see The Czar and Last Baron. Those last few minutes of Last Baron, man. My soul is ready for it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have a family conflict and am trying to sell my ticket for Austin, TX show. GA/Pit Ticket. Just want what I paid for it. PM if interested.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Dude yeah I am fucking pumped to see The Czar and Last Baron. Those last few minutes of Last Baron, man. My soul is ready for it.
    No doubt never thought I would see those tracks, I love em both.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What a great fucking show. It literally started raining like right as Mastodon hit the stage and continued to rain throughout their whole set. Loved it. And yeah, Last Baron live is... phenomenal.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've seen them a few times (was fortunate to see them play CtS live when they toured with Dethklok), but it's been a few years now. Wish they were coming to my area under different circumstances - they're playing two festivals in Wisconsin next month, but they're not headlining, and I don't want to pay $100 for a bunch of bands I'm not interested in plus Mastodon.

They tour often enough though, I reckon they'll get to work on new album soon and then they'll be out again.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I've seen them a few times (was fortunate to see them play CtS live when they toured with Dethklok), but it's been a few years now. Wish they were coming to my area under different circumstances - they're playing two festivals in Wisconsin next month, but they're not headlining, and I don't want to pay $100 for a bunch of bands I'm not interested in plus Mastodon.

They tour often enough though, I reckon they'll get to work on new album soon and then they'll be out again.
    I think I read somewhere that at one of the shows Brann told the crowd that they'd be back next year with a new album.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think I read somewhere that at one of the shows Brann told the crowd that they'd be back next year with a new album.
    Yes he did at my show.

Speaking of which, I've been so busy with work, I just now had the chance to listen to my tape all the way through and goddamn it sounds better than Live at the Aragon*. I can't believe I did this with an outdoor show, this new rig was worth every penny. I'll get it posted up this weekend, sorry for the delay.

*a venue I'm proud to say I got one of my best sounding tapes in, notorious for shitty acoustics!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yes he did at my show.

Speaking of which, I've been so busy with work, I just now had the chance to listen to my tape all the way through and goddamn it sounds better than Live at the Aragon*. I can't believe I did this with an outdoor show, this new rig was worth every penny. I'll get it posted up this weekend, sorry for the delay.

*a venue I'm proud to say I got one of my best sounding tapes in, notorious for shitty acoustics!
    i was a PA on that live at aragon show (my friend's uncle directed the live film of the show) and it was a blast but yeah...the release doesn't sound as good as it did in person.

also, still mad at the sound guys from chicago recording company who, while converge were playing, cracked a joke about how "every one of their songs sounds the same" -_-

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The eyeball on brann's kick reminds me of the driver

Link is in the video comments.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Mastodon has started teasing something called 'Light The Torch'

https://metalinjection.net/upcoming-...ight-the-torch

https://lightthetorch.mastodonrocks.com/

This last website has two dates, July 31, and September 11. My take is that this a rarities album (based on the 'Medium Rarities' text on that cover (?) in the website), with the Fallen Torches single coming on Friday (the song with Neurosis) and then full album on 9/11. There's a snippet of a song on the website.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 07-29-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    based on the 'Medium Rarities' text on that cover (?) in the website
    Sorry, but where exactly are you seeing this?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Sorry, but where exactly are you seeing this?
    if you go to the website and click through, there's an interactive page where you can move a torch around to see several things: the album cover (which says "medium rarities" at the bottom), the text "light the torch" on the left, the date of sept 11th on the right, and there is a mute function in the top left corner that allows you to hear a short preview of a song.

i'm very excited for this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This will really help my ocd since I have all the b-sides and stuff in a compilation I made and now I have a official title and artwork. Can't wait to get the follow up to Emperor of Sand. That album comes dangerously close to being my favorite Mastodon record (Crack the Skye is hard to move from that spot).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I'm into it.

Mastodon‘s brand new single “Fallen Torches” has received its online premiere. It features Neurosis‘ Scott Kelly and was originally set to be released in early 2019 before complications arose. The track arrives ahead of a rarities compilation, “Medium Rarities“, which is to follow on September 11th.Among the offerings included on that are their cover of Metallica‘s “Orion” from a Kerrang! tribute to Metallica“, “Atlanta” from their ‘Adult Swim Singles‘ release with the Butthole Surfers‘ Gibby Haynes guesting, their ‘Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters‘ track “Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife” and more. “Medium Rarities” will run as follows:
    01 – “Fallen Torches”
    02 – “A Commotion” (Feist cover)
    03 – “Asleep In The Deep” (instrumental)
    04 – “Capillarian Crest” (live)
    05 – “A Spoonful Weighs A Ton” (The Flaming Lips cover)
    06 – “Toe To Toes” (instrumental)
    07 – “Circle Of Cysquatch” (live)
    08 – “Atlanta” (feat. Gibby Haynes)
    09 – “Jaguar God” (instrumental)
    10 – “Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife”
    11 – “Blood & Thunder”
    12 – “White Walker”
    13 – “Halloween” (instrumental)
    14 – “Crystal Skull” (live)
    15 – “Orion” (Metallica cover)
    16 – “Iron Tusk” (live)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Nothing new here for people like me but stoked!

Brann was on the Jasta Show and said the band has 2 albums worth of material they can release soon.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Out of all the new tracks to come out this week, this is my favorite.