Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2022.06.18 Cornwall, UK @ Eden Project

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2022.06.18 Cornwall, UK @ Eden Project

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Wow, they absolutely killed it. What a show! The best of the two for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    La Mer!!!

HIS, AATCHB, Reptile. So happy with that.

Incredible set, incredible performance. Agree that it was the better of the two nights.

oh, and the godamn rainbow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "there's a fucking rainbow"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thought Trent sounded really good tonight. Was going for all the falsetto moments.

It was a double �� for a second there too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The rainbow stuff killed me ��

"It's a unique concert for you guys tonight.....Firstly....that was fucking rainbow earlier! Was I hallucinating??"
    Last edited by GibbonBlack; 06-18-2022 at 07:57 PM. Reason: I wrote tonight twice

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think that was maybe my 16th NIN show since 1999 and up there as one of my very favourites. Despite the weather, thought the show was outstanding, sound, view, lighting all incredible. Loved the venue - very smoothly run operation.

Couldnt make the first night, which I thought had the best setlist, on paper I’d say this setlist would look disappointing, but witnessing it in person it was anything but. Ilan Rubin is an utter monster on drums and Robin just has a presence on stage that makes him completely indispensable. Is this the best line up they’ve ever had? Probably.

Loved what I saw of Cornwall as well. Will definitely be back.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This was a superb NIN show, utterly unique. The rain started off fairly heavy, but it wasn’t cold, so it was fine. And then - it stopped. And there was a rainbow. And it the atmosphere of the place just went mental, everyone just let go. My wife who doesn’t know NIN that well, her first NIN gig said she was surprised by how excellent a singer Trent is. And she’s right - whatever he’s done, I don’t think I’ve ever heard him sound better - *almost * note perfect. I say almost, because he played a wrong note on the intro to EDIETS, and then said “whoops” into the mic. It was funny - he was very funny tonight. Everyone else in the band just has amazing stage presence - robins backing vocals are superb. My kids for whom it was their first ever gig even - they left buzzing and a bit battered from the pit! They said they loved the variation in moods, tempos, how every song is a surprise and an experience of its own! The lighting was brilliant, every song has its own personality.

I was beyond nervous beforehand that it would be a disappointment - it exceeded all my expectations, superb gig, and lovely venue.
    Last edited by laz001; 06-19-2022 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this concert

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agreed. Great show. I have to say, the old boy's voice is sounding VERY VERY GOOD. Sound was perfect last night. Also, to summarise my feelings from the night i made a thing:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Found a video with the Rainbow bit and the crowd going nuts Skip to 44 secs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The full show is up on SoundCloud:

https://m.soundcloud.com/thedayofthe...den-session-ii

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Wet and happy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)