Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: January 6th Committee Hearings

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Nope, that's exactly what they want. They want someone who doesn't give a fuck about the rules. That's why they cheer him on when he does something illegal, immoral, etc. They think he's a rebel, but he's not. He's the epitome of the status quo, but he has them eating out of the palm of his hand. Too bad what he's feeding them is total bullshit.
    That goes with my theory that PT Barnum is the true father of the country. It makes me sad to say that but I was in the belly of the beast as far as the corporate oligarchy goes for 13 years & I saw a lot of stuff that made me sick. I was trapped though by health issues & couldn't get out until I finally had to take a disability retirement. No one was going to hire me with what's essentially a fatal disease (eventually). I can't get into specifics as I had to sign a NDA when I left but things are worse than you think.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Oh wow, I wasn't keeping up with the news, but holy shit is Donald fucked here... OMG thank whatever already. Come on! WOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    He’s fucked if Garland has the courage to follow through. Who knows?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It'll come down to whatever the corporate overlords want. As usual. Make no mistake, corporate USA liked a lot of what Trump did. The only thing that mitigates that is it's pretty much business as usual under Biden. We need to vote out all these people who have been in DC for decades & are still there just for the money & the power. Case in point: in Washington state we have a senator running for term 6. At first she was the soccer mom who'd gone big time. Now, she's just throwing mud at her opponent without nothing much substantial going on. Also, she's the number one benefactor from big pharma from either party while saying she's all about the people. Sadly, the Republicans are running a Trump head against her. I actuallly voted for another Democrat in the primary but they didn't have the name recognition. Just one example. The problem of stale leadership is endemic.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Citizens United has to be in the conversation at least if not near the top of worst decisions made for the country.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

Yeah, it could go either way but the reporting is doing a lazy job of, you know, reporting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Committee voting to subpoena today!!

Obviously Trump's going to make an absolute scene about it, but at least we're finally getting some concrete accountability here.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Pelosi January 6

Last edited by allegro; 10-14-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

good, but also yeah right. obstruct delay obstruct.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

good, but also yeah right. obstruct delay obstruct.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Watching Liz Cheney on Meet the Press. I hope I'm not going to hell for this but she sounds pretty reasonable, at least on the Jan 6 stuff. Big step considering her dad is a major minion of Satan.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Some rumblings that she’s going to run as an independent in 2024. She said that if Trump runs, she won’t be a Republican. I’d look for it but I’m lazy today
    That's what Sundays are for. I'm watching the US Grand Prix. It's a sports orgy today. The race should be done just about in time for the Seahawks game. Happier than a pig in slop about that as they say.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    NYT reporting as expected Garland appointing Special Council. He effectively waited for 21 months then punted. It's going to be Muller again isn't it?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Saw it coming.

Garland lacks resolve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Feels like with Trump's announcement receiving such a tepid response, they thought now would be the best time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Investigations take time, especially good ones built to prosecute. Considering they have several irons in the fire this seems like the logical progression, more so now that he's officially announced.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    aren't the Jan 6th hearings supposed to start again with more evidence? If they can really connect him to orchestrating that attempted insurrection, he is barred from running. It's in the constitution.

"What does the 14th Amendment Section 3 mean?

Ratified in the aftermath of the Civil War, Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment explicitly disqualifies any person from public office who, having previously taken an oath as a federal or state office holder, engaged in insurrection or rebellion."

Last edited by Jinsai; 11-20-2022 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    aren't the Jan 6th hearings supposed to start again with more evidence? If they can really connect him to orchestrating that attempted insurrection, he is barred from running. It's in the constitution.
    I don't think they have anything scheduled at this point but there's this from the Sunday morning shows: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january...ce-the-nation/

"Within a month, the public will have everything that we've found, all the evidence. For good or ill," Lofgren told "Face the Nation."
    So while they have not coordinated with DOJ as of yet, any evidence and under-oath testimony released publicly would also be released to DOJ.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-21-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

This is from today. Jesus on a Bicycle.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    come on. you knew he had more. we all knew. why don’t they dig up ivanna and indict him already?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Lots of reporting yesterday that implies that since a jury found Trump guilty (Trump Co, yes, but still Trump) on those counts then they feel like it's time to move forward on everything. It's seen as a testing ground for the country, I guess.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    .... are fairly certain that a jury will convict.
    I've lost faith that an impartial jury can be obtained here. Hopefully during juror selection all of their socials can be scrubbed to weed out potential bias, but the culture war is so deep that no amount of evidence or appointment of special councils will overcome their confirmation bias.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I've lost faith that an impartial jury can be obtained here. Hopefully during juror selection all of their socials can be scrubbed to weed out potential bias, but the culture war is so deep that no amount of evidence or appointment of special councils will overcome their confirmation bias.
    there was worry about that for the Trump Co case. I think that most hardcore trumpies are somewhat mentally malleable (lol, somewhat) and can be shown reason in a vacuum. I mean it's a feeling and they're the fuck your feelings crowd but the unanimous decision on all counts would seem to support that.

OTOH:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If anyone gives a fuck, here is Trump's reaction to the J6 report:

SO, WE CAUGHT THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THROUGH THE USE OF THE FBI & OTHER AGENCIES, CONCLUSIVELY & IRREFUTABLY CHEATING ON THE 2020 Presidential Election, AND COMPLETELY & ILLEGALLY CHANGING ITS RESULT. THIS WAS ONLY ONE OF MANY FORMS OF CHEATING, BUT FRANKLY, IT WAS A BEAUT!

THE FBI HAS NO EXCUSE, THEY WERE CAUGHT COLD, BUT THIS MUST NOT BECOME A COLD CASE. NOW WHAT? HONEST & BRAVE PROSECUTORS & JUDGES MUST STEP UP & CLEAN OUT THIS CANCER WHICH IS DESTROYING OUR ONCE GREAT COUNTRY!

He also wrote:

The FBI used Twitter and Facebook to bludgeon the 2020 Election to Biden. Nothing Negative could be said about him, especially as it related to Hunter’s Laptop From Hell, and ONLY Negative could be said about me. They were illegally after “Trump” at a level of ferocity, hate and yes, desperation, that has never been seen in our Country before. Other Media companies were involved also.

The change in the Election was Complete & Total, with Millions of votes switched, at least 17%. TRUMP WON, BIG!"
    Last edited by GulDukat; 12-23-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Maybe we could exile him somewhere like the French did with Napoleon. Like the Black Mountain facility in Colorado where they send the worst of the criminals like terrorists & such. It's that or refurbish Old Sparky & give him the same treatment the Rosenbergs got.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Conclusively and irrefutably. Must be why all those court cases got thrown out. It was just TOO TRUE!

And the only way to "clean out this cancer which is destroying our country" is for all those Big Macs he shoves into that puckering asshole he calls a mouth to do their job.