Thread: January 6th Committee Hearings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    very good breakdown of that last night:
    Interesting points that I took away from last night (for those who chose to selectively ignore):

While the riot was unfolding, Trump was sitting alone and watching it on TV, calling senators (who were running for their lives) and harassing/indirectly threatening them to change their votes, while his terrified and exasperated staff pleaded with him to do what was required of his job, and warning him that he was derelict in his duty.

Then when he found out that the rioters were chanting "Hang Mike Pence", he excitedly tweeted an attack on Mike Pence less than 2 minutes later, which ignited the moment where the rioters broke into the capitol. A staff member overheard him say that Pence "deserves what he is gonna get". Then secret service agents protecting Pence began sending out messages to their families because they believed they were going to die. At this point, several members of Trump's staff resigned in disgust, because it was clear to them that he supported the riot and had no interest in stopping it.

The white house call log is also COMPLETELY BLANK during the entire thing, despite proof that he was making tons of phone calls (mostly to harass senators). It's also the only time ever that he told the white house photographer to stay away from him and not document anything.

The whole thing is unprecedented and entirely insane. Imagine what would be going on now if the vice president or any senators had actually been killed, which seems to be what Trump was hoping for.

But there's nothing to see here, move along. Trumpy misunderstood. Nothing could have been done about the peaceful protest. LOLOL. Derp.
    what a twat: Trump Peeved He Couldn’t Give Himself the Medal of Honor: ‘They Wouldn’t Let Me Do It’
    Former President Donald Trump admitted Saturday that after he flew to Iraq aboard Air Force One that he wanted to give himself the Medal of Honor — the country’s highest award for military valor in action — but was told he wasn’t allowed to.

“As president, I wanted to give myself the Congressional Medal of Honor, but they wouldn’t let me do it…they said that would be inappropriate,” Trump said on July 23 at the Turning Point USA summit, whose “mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote the principles of freedom, free markets, and limited government.”

The Congressional Medal of Honor, which is typically presented by the president in the name of Congress, represents values of “bravery, courage, sacrifice [and] integrity,” and is only awarded for military valor in action.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-25-2022 at 11:05 AM.