Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Three Cheers for My Chemical Romance

They are back with a new song!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Although I couldn't quite hear it clearly with my laptop speaker while fans are running in my room (my headset is bust), it seems like it's one of their darkest songs since The Black Parade. It doesn't seem like quite a return to form, but it seems like it's getting close. Definitely not as poppy as Danger Days. It has a bit of a punk feel but is also kinda slow, though not quite in a power ballady way. This will need a few more listens before I can accurately judge it, though it seems to be an interesting song.

PS - The ending sounds like that of "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" from Three Cheers, probably deliberately so. If they return to their post-hardcore roots, then Hell will have definitely frozen over.
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 05-13-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I liked this a whole hell of a lot more than I expected to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's definitely an interesting direction. I am not enthousiastic about the song as a whole, but the 'she will always be the whore' part and the ending are great.

The song has the potential to be a grower and should be even more powerful in the context of an album. (we can hope, right? )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've never been a MCR fan, though, I liked few songs here and there, and this one will most likely be one of them. Interesting song choice for a "return", actually making me interested in a potential new album.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The mixing is terrible; can barely hear anything, and his voice is still nails on a chalkboard to me.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-14-2022 at 11:23 AM.