Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "I Think We're Past That Now" - Antonio Sanchez featuring Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

"I Think We're Past That Now" - Antonio Sanchez featuring Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross

Single drops Friday - May 13th.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    ooooo i’m excited about this one

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I asked Antonio, on his tweet, with nincatalog account about a physical release, and he said it's due out August 26th.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I asked Antonio, on his tweet, with nincatalog account about a physical release, and he said it's due out August 26th.
    yeah they said that back when it was first announced. i think it’s cool that we get to hear it way before then.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder if this is purposely being released as a single this early in order to avoid it overlapping with the new NIN single from their upcoming new album? Soon?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I wonder if this is purposely being released as a single this early in order to avoid it overlapping with the new NIN single from their upcoming new album? Soon?
    I thought they said the next album was going to be all about collaboration… I really hope all the collaboration tracks released recently aren’t the result of a discarded project. I really need some new proper Nine Inch Nails… that short run of three shows after so long without any new music (not counting Ghosts) seemed kind of odd to be honest, but I am holding out hope for something new this fall.

Oh, and I am really looking forward to this track being released.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Damn that one little clip got me damn excited for this song! It's funny, I went from being busy and forgetting this song was in the works to now thinking, "Damn, we have to wait 3 whole days...I WANT MY OOMPA LOOMPA NOW!"
    Last edited by Ruined; 05-10-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I thought they said the next album was going to be all about collaboration…
    That was before the pandemic tho, wouldn't be surprised if it was discarded

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When is the album coming?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sounds cool. I only knew Sanchez from the Birdman soundtrack, but on checking his profile I see he worked with the Pat Methany group - best known, I'd guess, for This Is Not America with David Bowie.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That promo clip looks like a UFC ad. Excited for the song though!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, when I first saw the clip, not knowing anything about Sanchez at all, I got big "country musician gone rock" vibes from the post, which I was a tad nervous about. Then I looked into him and was like, "oh this will be cool I think."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Antonio's Birdman score is fantastic if you haven't heard it. I really want to rewatch that movie again now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Whole song is out!

This won't work yet unless you live somewhere that it's already Friday, or set a VPN to a country where it's Friday.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Whole song is out!

This won't work yet unless you live somewhere that it's already Friday, or set a VPN to a country where it's Friday.
    9pm Thursday PST. No inside info - but it seems to be like clockwork these days for Friday music releases.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    That was before the pandemic tho, wouldn't be surprised if it was discarded
    Where was this said? Is there a link?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    first couple listens. i like it for sure since my dude is scream-y in some parts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I like the chorus a lot. He seems really off pitch in some of the quieter parts though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm digging the return of the "Piggy" whisper followed by the soaring chorus. Can't wait to purchase and blast it from my car!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    VPN FTW!

I don't like the end fade out, but the track seems like more of a grower. I'll definitely pick it up on Bandcamp.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Something doesn’t quite match up correctly for me in the second verse but I liked the majority of the song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I just hearing things or is this chorus another (in this case direct) reference to "Lathe of Heaven"?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    yo Trent's verses on this are cool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I thought they said the next album was going to be all about collaboration… I really hope all the collaboration tracks released recently aren’t the result of a discarded project. I really need some new proper Nine Inch Nails… that short run of three shows after so long without any new music (not counting Ghosts) seemed kind of odd to be honest, but I am holding out hope for something new this fall.

Oh, and I am really looking forward to this track being released.
    I thought the same thing... But if I had to guess, I believe you are correct... All these tracks are the result of a discarded project. Though, I also believe hes been working on new NIN for some time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is really great. One of the weaker points in a lot of more the recent stuff is the drum programming / production being too sterile or familiar, IMO. This is really interesting and I hope there is more in this direction in the future. I agree that the fade out is atrocious. Maybe there is an extended version of this?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Am I just hearing things or is this chorus another (in this case direct) reference to "Lathe of Heaven"?
    I think you're right. And now we speculate on lyrics for a few weeks. EDIT: BUT WAIT!

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 9.07.55 AM.png

I agree with the abrupt outro...seems sudden. I really like it otherwise. Seems like all the imperfections in timing and pitch are purposeful.
    Last edited by cdm; 05-13-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    noooo....not the fade ending! Popular in the 80's, and seems to be coming back a bit. Digging the track though!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    noooo....not the fade ending! Popular in the 80's, and seems to be coming back a bit. Digging the track though!
    I have no issues with a fade, but this one seems out of nowhere and fades way to quickly.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Good stuff! A more gradual fade might have been nicer, but I wasn't too bothered by it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chorus immediately gets you. The rest of it after three listens. Good track.