The Simpsons

All things Simpsons. All here.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

LOLWUT?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    That might be one of my favorite things ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have anything by Robert Ludlum?

GET OUT

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Do you have Go Dog Go?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This week's episode (the Christmas special) was actually a really, really good episode!
    In fact, it's one of the best episodes the have released in the last 10 seasons or so.

One of the things that kind of bothered me was how This show has been on for, what 22 or 23 seasons now, and the characters NEVER age, ever! That kind of bothers me, I think if they characters aged, they would have more to play with regarding writing into the story to not keep it stale (I mean how many "Krusty the clown is on the verge of losing his career" episodes do we need?).

I always hoped for an episode of "simpsons when they were older" and when I heard this was going to be that episode, I will admit, I was estatic to watch it, and That's normally a very dangerous thing doing (Geeting yourself extremely hyped up for something) as 80% of the time it leads to a huge let down...

But not this time! This episode is based 30 years in the future when all the simpsons children are grown and have children of their own, and it was great!

I hope they do more episodes in this style, at least closer to the end of their run, whenever that will be (I think they signed on for 5 more seasons?) I think they should do a whole "Future Simpsons" season. There would be so much potential with it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They have done a couple of future episodes before (e.g. Lisa's Wedding) but I like your idea. Haven't watched yesterday's episode yet - looking forward to it now!

Even though The Simpsons doesn't hold the interest it used to for me, to be honest it doesn't take much for me to watch a sitcom (I have a surprising amount of spare time on my hands when I've got important chores/work piling up) so I do still watch this every week without fail. It's basically something to stare at while I eat lunch on Mondays, so the odd times it is entertaining are nice.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was never crazy about the future episodes. In fact, they were some of the weakest of the bunch (but then, I stopped watching around season ten, so...I have no idea about now).

And I believe they're only signed on for two more seasons, ManBurning. Part of me is kind of glad they're pulling the plug, since it's been painful to watch my favorite show of all time going straight down the tubes, and part of me is kind of bummed that there won't be any more new episodes, even if I don't watch it now. It'll be weird not to have the show around (besides reruns, I mean).

I actually just dusted off season five the other day and watched a few episodes with commentary. It made me want to watch some without the commentary track on, because even though I couldn't hear most of the dialogue, I was reminded of how God damn hilarious this show was. I mean, I've seen these episodes so many times I can't even count, I know the first ten seasons front to back, it's still my favorite show- but I haven't really sat down and watched an episode in a long, long time.

Specifically, I was reminded of how funny the episode was when they got a trampoline. Specifically Homer bouncing up and down outside Bart's window. "Hi son! Hi son! Hi son!" And then later on, Nelson and the gang outside going, "Hey, they got rid of the trampoline. Let's jump on their car instead!" And then you could hear the roof crumple with every jump. Freaking AWESOME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A few of many, many, many favorites:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Funny thing is, I actually stopped watching this show probably in 2002 or 2003, because it was getting SO BAD. And I literally skipped near 7-8 seasons til I started watching again in 2010. the reason i started watching again was my Girlfriend is an absolute simpsons fanetic and has watched every single episode ever, never misses one. We started dating in Feb. 2010, so I got aquainted with the simpsons again. They are definatly very hit-or-miss these days, more so miss, but never the less, it's something to watch and kill a half an hour. It's the only TV show I can stand these days. I don't see all the hype about those other shows. Futurama, American Dad and Family Guy... maybe I am just too old school and stuck in the 90s, lol.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i too, found futurama disappointing at first, but after sticking with it over the years, i've found that i prefer it these days. similar wit, but more continuity.

that said, my favorite simpsons episode:

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I was reminded of how funny the episode was when they got a trampoline. Specifically Homer bouncing up and down outside Bart's window. "Hi son! Hi son! Hi son!" And then later on, Nelson and the gang outside going, "Hey, they got rid of the trampoline. Let's jump on their car instead!" And then you could hear the roof crumple with every jump. Freaking AWESOME.
    I love Todd and Rod on the trampoline: "Each leap brings us closer to god!"..."Catch me lord!! Catch me!!"

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    http://babysimpson.co.uk/index.php?a...um=show;play=1 - I've been listening to this on repeat for the last five minutes.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^That is oddly addicting.

This has got to be one of my favorite Simpsons jokes ever.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That was from their Twilight Zone episode where Homer goes to great lengths to suck up to Mr. Burns during a company-sponsored family picnic, tries to engage the family in prayer before dinner, throws out their TV in a bid to pay for counseling by Dr. Marvin Monroe (in a rather memorable sequence), and is sober throughout the entire episode.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Simpsons is like the television equivalent of The Beatles. Imagine if The Beatles were still around 25 years after they started. Would their legend be a big?
    Sure they would write a good song now and again, but mostly it would be diminishing returns, people comparing the new stuff to the old stuff.
    And the legend would be nowhere near as big.

Simpsons had a glorious 5 or 6 years in the 1990's. Something went wrong in the late 1990's. It went really bad for a few years and it was a really sorry sight. Like watching a former great athlete with cancer still trying to compete. Then sometime in the last decade it began to get better. You did not feel sense of sorrow and dread everytime you watched it.
    Now the Simpsons is like a band that has reformed not as vital or as good as it was in the past but your glad its there anyway, and suprises you now and again.
    I dont think it needs any more seasons. It should have ended about 10 years ago. Have loved a lot thats come out in recent years but. I think its important its remembered in a great way!!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^That's a really great analogy. I never thought of it that way before.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My favorite character by far has to be Kirk Van Houten...

and just because youtube is fucking gay and won't let anyone upload any version of this (for some reason this scene is banned while countless others are ok, its been uploaded and taken down many many times)

Steamed Hams
    http://mcooki.es/54624

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    And of course, you gotta love the weirdness of Ralph's animation here in this classic

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    In america, first you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Some key Angry Homer moments... oh man.. this is getting dangerous.. I could go on, and on, and on

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Zombie Flanders

Coach Flanders

Joseph Dream Coat Flanders

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I always loved this as an animated GIF. The actual part in that episode is obviously funny as well.

I still loved the Jebus joke as well. It hardly got old to me.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-08-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: How can I forget about the Jebus joke in The Simpsons? XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i didnt know aerosmith made a cereal..?

SWEET EMOTIONS

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Weird, I just came in here to post the "City Fathers" video since I put it up on Facebook earlier. One of the greatest scenes in ANYTHING ever.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Yeah, it's amazing. It's gotta be in my top five favorite quotes from the show.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Speaking of the fat cats upstairs