Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2022.04.30 Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival

Atlanta tour journal

Photo by @tricil :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Fucking HERESY!! I was completely shocked by that one being trotted out for a festival show. Not played live in 13 years??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Pretty good show. Not my favorite set I saw today, but they sounded great! Any other crowd reports? I was stage right and maybe a few feet above the soundboard area and I thought the crowd kinda sucked? Lots of talkers and uninterested people, I think that’s why I thought the show was good not great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Great show. Band sounded great. Setlist wise, i couldn’t really ask for more from a festival. Heresy was great to see make a comeback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great show...a few technical mess ups here and there, but I was lucky to be with a bunch of huge fans that made the night worth it! And... Perfect Drug!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A better-than-average festival setlist, focusing mostly on the hits (which the crowd seemed to react to a lot) but with a few rarities thrown in there like Mr Self Destruct and, of course, Heresy. Apparently Everyday is exactly the same was on the setlist after The Perfect Drug but wasn’t performed, most likely to respect the 11PM curfew. Happy to see that Copy of A got a huge reaction from a festival crowd. It’s up there with the big hits the casual fans hope to hear.

Also CHVRCHES were really great and fun to watch. I’ve been a fan since their first album but I kind of skipped the last two albums, and to my surprise I enjoyed every song on the set. Visually it looks great and Lauren really grew from the shy little girl she was in the early days into this amazing energetic and often funny front woman. They’re obviously NIN fans, it shows both in their sound and stage presentation, and Lauren mentioned them several times during their set (about how she was excited to see them play, etc).

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

2022.04.30 Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival

i was to the right of the soundboard and the crowd was casual but definitely knew the hits. when i came into the area before the band started, i loudly said “Ok everyone. no talking during nine inch nails!” and some guy looked at me and shouted “yeah!” so i laid the groundwork. they tried to get chatty during the frail and i loudly said something like “y’all are missing the good part” and literally everyone shut up. these people were nice. not what i was expecting at all. a woman next to me was impressed with my knowledge about what was about to happen. she kept saying “hell yeah” to me she also said she was gonna check out nin today.

did anyone notice a tiny bit of sound before each song that hinted at the next song? like the sample for sin just for a second. i was like is he about to play sin? then sin was next.

hersey was when it got real. i heard a tiny bit of it and was like “nooooooo!” unbelievable. hersey is a favorite classic and means a lot to me and who i am today. he played it for the first time in forever in my southern town. the feels from that moment we’re great. i’m sure i was obnoxious during that moment.

i for some reason assumed that festival sound would not be good but i think they sounded sooooo good. maybe coz it’s been 3 and a half years since i’ve seen them but it felt so good to be there and be in the crowd. i couldn’t really see the stage because i’m short so the sound was really the most important part and it was fucking great. the screens weren’t great tho. not sure why they wouldn’t put trent on the screen during hurt. the screens and the lights were rather spastic overall. i would’ve preferred the screens to have more of a concert videography approach instead of stylized chaos since i couldn’t see at all. but oh fucking well coz it sounded so good.

i was able to be social despite being overly excited. i could barely eat i was so excited. but seeing friends and meeting some etsers really brightened my day and got me through my pre show excitement (anxiety?). It was a pleasure to meet the lovely @m0reta and see my friend @nlemeshka here's some pics of me with @ItsJustDave @tricil @tcrudolph. I didn't know Dave was gonna be there so that was a cool surprise. accidental nin hotline meeting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Pretty good show. Not my favorite set I saw today, but they sounded great! Any other crowd reports? I was stage right and maybe a few feet above the soundboard area and I thought the crowd kinda sucked? Lots of talkers and uninterested people, I think that’s why I thought the show was good not great.
    I was also close to where you were: maybe like 10 feet in front of the soundboard on the right, with one person between myself and the middle barrier. No crowd complaints; lots of enthusiasm around me. That spot was perfect for catching the entire light show. Sounds was solid too, glad I didn't go to the front left because it was bad there during Chvrches.

First time seeing NIN in a festival headlining slot, and it was fucking nuts. What a show. Also glad I got to see 45 minutes of King Gizzard and was still able to get a good spot for NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i was able to be social despite being overly excited. i could barely eat i was so excited. but seeing friends and meeting some etsers really brightened my day and got me through my pre show excitement (anxiety?). It was a pleasure to meet the lovely @m0reta and see my friend @nlemeshka here's some pics of me with @ItsJustDave @tricil @tcrudolph. I didn't know Dave was gonna be there so that was a cool surprise. accidental nin hotline meeting.
    It says a lot about the Atlanta NIN community that I was equally as excited to see so many of y'all as I was for the actual show. Truly great to catch up with so many people last night and to see a great festival set. Almost hopped into the car to head to Tennessee after the show. haha Hopefully we won't all have to wait so long again to reunite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Similar to the Raleigh show (28 April 2022), Trent made a point of, basically, saying how good it was to be back on tour. After Survivalism, he started to say, "This is our second show in four years--" but Robin kicked off The Perfect Drug. It was great, of course, as always (Ilan is an animal), but afterwards, TR said, "As I STARTED to say, before this fucking band interrupted me" and then made his point about being glad to play live again.