Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2022.04.28 Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater

A new tour journal thread??

NIN fans be like:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    FASHION!

That was a much needed NIN show. Very happy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So this tour is basically Cold Black and Infinite part II, which is all I want! Got to see AATCHB for the second time (even though the acoustic guitar malfunctioned during the melodic break)!
    The band seemed genuinely happy to be back together on stage. Trent really got into Piggy, screaming and getting screamed back at from the crowd.
    Also, side note, we’re getting older folks, tamest pit I’ve ever seen for NIN.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The energy of the band & how happy they were to be back could truly be felt. The first 4-5 songs you could practically see it in Trent’s face & expressions. Hard to explain, but husband agreed it was there. He seemed to genuinely be happy for performing again, and commented as much several times through the night.

EDIETS and Fashion were fun surprises! I love their rendition of Fashion.

& yes, the crowds are definitely getting older, but you could feel the love there tonight. At least in my opinion. There was a fairly rowdy group up front and center, just to the left of us. Even a bit of moshing & crowd surfers.

Truly cathartic. Feel grateful & happy that we are finally at a place to have this again. A great night all around & I talked to a bunch of great people. Seemed like a crowd of real diehards. Have to get up again in a few hours for flight to Atlanta/Shaky Knees. Good night fellow piggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Also, side note, we’re getting older folks, tamest pit I’ve ever seen for NIN.
    There was about 10 of us moshing. Also, sorry i missed you - though it's been a while, so I probably wouldn't have recognized you

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Words can’t express how fun that was last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of the best setlists ever, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven’t posted in a long time but came here to share my experience, copied from a comment I made on a Reddit post:

Great show. It was nice to finally hear EDIETS and AATCHB. They sounded great and it was lovely. I hated the crowd around me, wish I could have moved around. Guys right next to me shouting/talking to each other the whole time. I tried to tune it out as well as I could and still enjoyed the show. Also one of them bought too many beers and gave me one for free so I didn’t want to tell ‘em to shut up.. oh well. I liked Boy Harsher too! See ya in Philly.

edit: forgot to mention I should have waited on the ticket too, I bought a $300 Official platinum ticket from Ticketbastard on the first day on sale. Dude right in front of me paid $60 plus fees on resale two days before the show. Maybe I’ll learn my lesson some day.. maybe..

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

2022.04.28 Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater

One thing I remembered later on about last night:

Someone behind us up in the pit tried to start the slow clap during Hurt, and I distinctly heard someone else over closer to us say to them “NOPE, stop that right now”. And they quit. Made me snicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I can’t adequately describe how pleasing it was to see old friends & familiar faces in a REAL WORLD queue for NIN. That really set the tone for the day. In sharp contrast to the corporate entity, the Live Nation local venue folks were a great bunch of helpful people.

Boy Harsher were a very cool opener. I was getting a Superstition-era Siouxie & The Banshees vibe and couldn’t help but bop around during their set. I want to pick up an album to see how they sound in the studio versus live.

As far as NIN portion of the evening… such a fucking delight to be in the moment, sharing the rail with good people, and experiencing a performance packed with treats for the die-hard fans. AATCHB was an obvious highlight since I missed it during CBI, but Fashion was a sweet surprise (I do hope MQ gets on stage next time instead of her backing track).

Yeah, I am still mad at TM for fucking me with their Official Platinum but I have no regrets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My small contribution to the historical record: I was on the rail, in front of Ilan. During "Hurt," as soon as Trent sang "I am still right here," someone shouted "YEAH YOU ARE!!" (a la the Panorama show in 2017). Trent seemed unphased, but Ilan and Alessandro were cracking UP. Like, Alessandro couldn't stop laughing.

I would echo everyone's comments about how happy and grateful the whole band seemed to be up on the stage that night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great show. So glad to see them after four years. They were tight and Trent actually seemed happy. Wrecked my old neck banging it. ��

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So originally, I was supposed to attend this show with my girlfriend and a friend of mine who accompanied me to Atlanta in 2018. My friend has been battling liver damage and he was unable to go with us. In the meantime I had spoken to Kraw about collecting shirts and talking about merchandise quality. Well, a few days before the event, Kraw reached out and let me know he had some tickets for me and my girlfriend.

Day of the show: my girlfriend and I arrived in Raleigh around 1. We checked into our hotel room, the Marriott City Center. This was the hub of all the NIN fans. I wandered around looking at the shirts of people who made the trip. I noticed a few Slip designs, the pandemic designs, and a good few of the trilogy designs - Add Violence was well represented.

My girlfriend and I wandered down to the venue. We were on the side of gate 1 where a small merch booth sat. I walked up and asked if they were open yet and they were. So I bought two posters and a couple of shirts. My friend didn’t want the poster so I’m sitting on it for the time being. Anyway, we walked around the fencing and saw a big hole in the side. I peered in and got to see the crew and buses. It wasn’t too crazy so we went on to dinner.

Show time: we got to the venue about 20 minutes after the gates opened. I had some tickets previously purchased and we walked in. I then remembered that Kraw had left us a set at will-call. I spoke to a rep and they went to get them. I was given a white envelope with a simple sticker with Kraw’s name, my name and “2 tickets.” We stood in the merch line for a while, then the beverage line. I met three followers of my Instagram and gave away two shirts - a hesitation marks and lights in the sky track art shirt. After talking my girlfriend bored, we went to our purchased seats. They were nice aisle seats closer to the middle of the audience - section 3, row CC. I opened the envelope and told my girlfriend I’d go scout out the new seats. I began walking… I went past the section divider and as I approached the pit, became super excited. The new seats ended up being Section 2, Row J, seats 8 & 9.

I ran back, grabbed my girlfriend and we settled at our seats right behind the pit! The ladies and guys next to us were really nice. I’m used to being around people who talk and act stupid during shows, but this was great. I have never been given such a gift as that from any person or band.

The setlist was strong pre-WT but had its few “modern” tracks. It was amazing! The sound was also fantastic!

Post showtime: we left during Hurt to avoid the crowd. On the way out of the venue, I saw a dude selling a poster for $150. Strangely, I didn’t see any bootleg shirts about. Anyway, we made it back to the hotel and debated going out on the town. Ultimately, we decided to go to bed.

The next day we went to Greensboro for to wander around.

What a great time! I have now seen NIN 6 times. And I’m struggling to rank how each show went. But I would say this may be my favorite experience.