Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: nin official discord server

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I can die now.

awesome! What was this in reference to?

EDIT: just saw what he was talking about and I LOVED that movie. Best of the year for me last year I think.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    @dlb Should be about 60 some photos and 3 video clips so far.
    Since there was a new post all of a sudden everything just popped up for me. All good now.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I can now add "Made Trent and Atticus laugh with parody lyrics" to my list of personal accomplishments

Coming within a month after I've had a few professors tell me I'm a solid, entertaining writer - that's pretty fucking validating, folks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I can now add "Made Trent and Atticus laugh with parody lyrics" to my list of personal accomplishments

Coming within a month after I've had a few professors tell me I'm a solid, entertaining writer - that's pretty fucking validating, folks.
    I didn't realize that was you, but well done! It made me laugh, too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Craw and Null has unknowingly unleashed the latest hip new NIN meme

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Can someone DM me a list of these? I'm a bad ETSer, but no one on the mod team wants known problem users to get a clean slate.
    Just to follow up – broskirose has been banned, and we now have a working list of known troublemakers from ETS.

If we miss more crap like this, please use the support ticket system in the server to let us know.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Just to follow up – broskirose has been banned, and we now have a working list of known troublemakers from ETS.

If we miss more crap like this, please use the support ticket system in the server to let us know.
    thank you so much. this update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Another team anxiety member named HammerZestCondo has made an appearance. I wonder who that is. Hasn't said anything yet though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    awesome! What was this in reference to?

EDIT: just saw what he was talking about and I LOVED that movie. Best of the year for me last year I think.
    When asked about what caught his eye lately, he said he'd watched The movie Titane a few times. I found it on Hulu. He's right just start watching it, I'll add to remember it's rated R++ and I'm only 15 minutes in.

Oh, and I'm mirroring my IG NIN_Vinyl handle in there.

I can die now.

From banned to pinged by the big guy in the same day? Nicely done.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 05-02-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Happy to help @seasonsinthesky .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Oh, for reference, I use my intrinsicmode handle on Discord. Trent's comment about loving the Moog Matriarch was in response to me, so that was exciting

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    A digest of Trent posts from this evening for those of you not on the server:

TR:

- back home after a grueling three date tour!
    - Finish the show, get to the hotel @ 1AM, get up at 4AM for the airport.
    - We have lots of scoring work to attend to, but I don't think tonight is going to be very productive...
    - 4 films right now

Q: What would the score to this discord chat sound like?
    TR: several 100 gecs songs playing at the same time overtop of each other.

Q: Trent do you find us annoying
    TR: I find the so-far generally good natured chaos of discord preferable to a handful of people bitching and complaining on a bb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post

Q: Trent do you find us annoying
    TR: I find the so-far generally good natured chaos of discord preferable to a handful of people bitching and complaining on a bb
    ouch lmfao

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    bb = bulletin board?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Bb = bulletin board yes

Fwiw, as nice as it is to have an official nin thing and I’m lurking there, ETS is firmly established in my life as an awesome community. Long may it last

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Going back and forth from both has been a lot lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Bb = bulletin board yes

Fwiw, as nice as it is to have an official nin thing and I’m lurking there, ETS is firmly established in my life as an awesome community. Long may it last
    Let's see. ETS has been the only stable NIN community that has lasted the test of time. NIN BB was a cluster, the app and remix was short lived...the only official NIN anything that has lasted is the actual website.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

nin official discord server SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by der_wahnsinn View Post
    ouch lmfao
    i swear i’m not taking this personally

Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Let's see. ETS has been the only stable NIN community that has lasted the test of time. NIN BB was a cluster, the app and remix was short lived...the only official NIN anything that has lasted is the actual website.
    “oooo we will never die”

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I agree. There isn’t really even what I’d call “bitching” here. More like yearning (for certain songs to be played live) and that’s about the extent of it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

nin official discord bb bitching

there’s like 30 of us here who love almost everything he does but he’ll focus on the one dumbass comment and throw us all away. typical. “suck my entire cock” indeed.

edit: thread title updated now with more bitching

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I agree. There isn’t really even what I’d call “bitching” here. More like yearning (for certain songs to be played live) and that’s about the extent of it.
    We are very passionate.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    They're doing some cool things with the Discord community that are worth keeping an eye on as far as 'artist-fan' engagement goes but the format and framing of the discourse there makes it a much more spur-of-the-moment, Twitter-esque place where the topic of discussion is always swaying radically and varying chaotically in ways that make long term discussion almost impossible. I'm enjoying it but it's not in any danger of replacing this board for me, that's for sure.

Dying at Trent's saltiness towards ETS. Love you too man! And four film scores, jesus. I know we're all hoping for new NIN material but I don't know how realistic those hopes are with all that on their plate.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    They're doing some cool things with the Discord community that are worth keeping an eye on as far as 'artist-fan' engagement goes but the format and framing of the discourse there makes it a much more spur-of-the-moment, Twitter-esque place where the topic of discussion is always swaying radically and varying chaotically in ways that make long term discussion almost impossible. I'm enjoying it but it's not in any danger of replacing this board for me, that's for sure.
    ^^ This sums it up 100% for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    there’s like 30 of us here who love almost everything he does but he’ll focus on the one dumbass comment and throw us all away. typical. “suck my entire cock” indeed.

edit: thread title updated now with more bitching
    The bb bitching comment made me a little sad this morning. 20yrs of loving NIN and going to shows. Oh well. Nothing quite like the feel of something new I guess.

The NIN bb was a clusterfuck, but as a former member I feel this was driven largely by band members being there and whilst some good mods there was some horrendous moderation. There came a point when only negative stuff was reacted to. Lots of positive stuff was happening in sub forums. I'm still close to the friends I made there and we are meeting up at Eden again this year.

The stuff being posted in Discordance isn't much different from what was being posted on the NIN bb but moderation is good.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Munn View Post
    The bb bitching comment made me a little sad this morning. 20yrs of loving NIN and going to shows. Oh well. Nothing quite like the feel of something new I guess.
    I get you but if it makes you feel that way then the comment wasn't directed towards you (us / the majority of the community here). Let it blow in the wind.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Dying at Trent's saltiness towards ETS. Love you too man! And four film scores, jesus. I know we're all hoping for new NIN material but I don't know how realistic those hopes are with all that on their plate.
    Quit bitching. lol

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I get you but if it makes you feel that way then the comment wasn't directed towards you (us / the majority of the community here). Let it blow in the wind.
    i get you but what else could he be talking about? the nin.com forums have been long dead and we’re still over here, chugging away. bitching.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i get you but what else could he be talking about? the nin.com forums have been long dead and we’re still over here, chugging away. bitching.
    Well I don't really know what, if any, NIN-centric boards are still out there but I assumed he was referring to ETS...but only a certain subset of ETS. I don't consider most of us in that undesirable subset. Maybe he does get irked by legitimate critiques of this or that but, by and large, most here are pretty fair and level headed. Shrug.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've dipped my toes into the discord, and while it's great to read comments from the band, discussion-wise it's pretty insubstantial, just by virtue of the format, I think. For my part, ETS is in no danger of being eclipsed.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    most here are pretty fair and level headed. Shrug.
    that’s what i’m saying. letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch has more to do with him than us. i’m sure he didn’t mean to dismiss the board as a whole but we are longest standing community and it feels a little pointed.