Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Year Zero 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Year Zero 2022

According to various websites that promoted Year Zero in 2007, the events presented in those sites are set in 2022 ( https://www.nin.wiki/Year_Zero_Timeline ). Yesterday, in the YZ world, "The Presence" appeared in Washington D.C.
    Are we going to get a Year Zero sequel this year? Or what will we get?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Probably merch if we're lucky. I think a year zero repressing is a pipe dream and if it is available there will only be a super mega ultra deluxe $300 version only and no regular pressing available.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Probably merch if we're lucky. I think a year zero repressing is a pipe dream and if it is available there will only be a super mega ultra deluxe $300 version only and no regular pressing available.
    As long as it isn't associated with Gucci, I'm interested. Someone printed a nice book of Exhibit 24 for Rob, It'd be super cool if they put a hardbound overview of the ARG along with a nice YZ vinyl pressing.

Edit: I say this, but it's hard to think YZ would get the uuuuber deluxe treatment before TDS or TF. Particularly since there's so much secondary work (FDTS, Still, CRC, AATCHB) that hasn't been pressed that could bulk up a megaset.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 02-11-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I remember BOTP and Rob stating at different times they were really surprised that the fans didn't pick up on certain things, or find clues that were out in the open. I have always wondered what these might be and what little trinkets may still be out there. (I get most of the websites are now defunct, but still)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Men's toilets at NIN shows: come for the free USB sticks, stay for the butt lovin' during "Survivalism".

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I remember BOTP and Rob stating at different times they were really surprised that the fans didn't pick up on certain things, or find clues that were out in the open. I have always wondered what these might be and what little trinkets may still be out there. (I get most of the websites are now defunct, but still)
    It sounds like missed stuff got reincorporated into the game in different ways so they could be found:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I doubt another ARG could be done now because NIN have been off the social media radar for so long where would you be able to get the required interaction to make it work? Not that I wouldn’t love it to happen though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i mean nin.com could be updated any time to show a black background with mysterious video with trent being trapped in a basement and screaming

…or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it gold that the explicit TV screens for the Survivalism video were censored by the US Bureau of Morality.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GastonKappa View Post
    I find it gold that the explicit TV screens for the Survivalism video were censored by the US Bureau of Morality.
    Yeah, I always loved that "in-universe" way of censoring the explicit parts. It was clever, meta, & metaphorical.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It sounds like missed stuff got reincorporated into the game in different ways so they could be found:
    Well there you have it!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just a thought... The upcoming show dates and locations... do any of them correlate to anything in the Year Zero world?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It and The Slip are the last couple vinyls due, far as I'm aware. Would def want Still if possible.

Trent, please drop your stuff on Bandcamp. We've only got Mank on there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Year Zero is 15 years old as of yesterday. Wonder if we're gonna have to wait 18 years for the vinyl repress like we had to for The Fragile.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Fifteen, actually! Boy I feel old and unaccomplished. If you're right that would be three more years until a YZ release but hopefully we'll get it sooner than that. As many have said before, this particular year would be the perfect time to do it. Not looking super likely at this point. Time will tell.

In any case, an amazing album that I wish had not proven to be even more savagely prescient and relevant to our modern world now than it was at the time of its release.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Fifteen, actually! Boy I feel old and unaccomplished. If you're right that would be three more years until a YZ release but hopefully we'll get it sooner than that. As many have said before, this particular year would be the perfect time to do it. Not looking super likely at this point. Time will tell.

In any case, an amazing album that I wish had not proven to be even more savagely prescient and relevant to our modern world now than it was at the time of its release.
    I just wish vinyl was more of a priority for Trent lol

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    There’s a YZ 2022 vinyl repress up on the site already.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    There’s a YZ 2022 vinyl repress up on the site already.
    You trolled me to oblivion. Absolutely gutted.

https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...e-edition-2xlp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soon™

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It would be awesome to get a sequel for YZ this year!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just wish vinyl was more of a priority for Trent lol
    Maybe we ALL have to turn our fucking phones off, as per the Vinyl Mission Statement?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Okay, on three. Ready? One... two... THREE!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Happy anniversary to my least favorite NIN record!

My Violent Heart is sweet tho.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 04-20-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Happy anniversary to my lesser favorite NIN record!

My Violent Heart is sweet tho.
    Happy anniversary to my absolute favorite NIN record!

Meet Your Master and In This Twilight remain to me two of the most chaotic yet coherent songs ever. In This Twilight is such a gorgeous song at its core.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Trying to explain to my wife about this. is there a good video that sums it all up anywhere? or do I need to make one lol.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Trying to explain to my wife about this. is there a good video that sums it all up anywhere? or do I need to make one lol.
    This does a decent job:

And here's the whole OSR meeting and concert:

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sorry if I misled you… I visited the US store for a change (my default is UK) and saw it listed for sale. I didn’t click on it to bring it bigger. It probably said “soon” on the full size, or I just missed the small print on the thumbnail view. Either way, honest mistake.

(I need to sell my copy sometime soon fwiw)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    (I need to sell my copy sometime soon fwiw)
    I wish Trent would sell a copy lol

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I think I like the idea of the album more than I like listening to it. I like the concept of Trent using minimal tools at his disposal to create a record on the road, but in a way ... it really gives the album a dated sound. So many of the drums feel like a pattern/loop sample off something you'd get for free off of your newly installed GarageBand/ACID Pro software, and I just can't sink my teeth into the arrangements/production like I want to.

Plus, truthfully ... the dystopian narrative, and concept of the album just doesn't do anything for me and neither did the ARG (created by the team that did the awesome viral marketing campaign for the Dark Knight) at the time. It was fun being on Echoing the Sound when songs would leak, but then I'd go about my business unlike their TDK one where I just kept wanting to go down the rabbit hole.

Sadly, it's just not for me, yet I can see why other people dig it. Honestly, if Trent does do a YZ 2 ... I just want it to be a Nine Inch Nails recorded on the road with limited gear/software to see what a truly proper stripped back NIN record could be.

I do revisit YEARZEROREMIXED quite often though. More than YZ itself too.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 04-21-2022 at 08:41 AM.