Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2022

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Dead Souls 3.63% (169 votes)

The Everlasting Gaze 2.06% (96 votes)

Came Back Haunted 1.7% (79 votes)
    Ugh, that's brutal. Sorry CBH! I still love you.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Ugh, that's brutal. Sorry CBH! I still love you.
    Last year I was walking down a street near my house, and I heard a car on Delaware Ave *blasting* CBH, and the woman driving was singing right along. Made me smile.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2022

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Last year I was walking down a street near my house, and I heard a car on Delaware Ave *blasting* CBH, and the woman driving was singing right along. Made me smile.
    Right as the HM era was ramping up, and the studio version of Copy of a was leaked or dropped (all we had heard at that point was CBH and the live version of COA), the next morning I heard it in traffic and felt the same. However, I do always get a quick "wtf that's mine" pang for a moment when I hear others listening in public. Such a personal thing for me. Hard to share I guess. I know its completely ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i have the same thing regarding feeling fav music as very personal. apparently its a bad thing called gatekeeping but i don’t care 🤣

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by GastonKappa; 02-04-2022 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Didn’t need explanation of the video

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Closer used in that Pam/Tommy Hulu show, used in a pretty funny way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Someone on Twitter brought this to our attention. NIN on display at the Smithsonian Museum. That has to be more of an honor than a Grammy.

A Walkman in the museum
    by Adam Fagen, on Flickr

Another view.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 02-06-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was up ABOVE IT
    Now I'm DOWN at the Smithsonian

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Look who was on Jeopardy today.

Photo stolen from Reddit.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Photo stolen from Reddit.
    Who is Atticus Ross?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's the crowd noise sample from Down In It.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Adrian Sherwood and Keith LeBlanc both worked on that record, so it's likely that it was one of their 'stock' percussion samples recycled for NIN when they remixed Trent's final version of "Down In It".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Putting this here even though it was posted 15 years ago. Youtube just recommended this rehearsal video of "Just Like You Imagined" to me today. It's low-quality for obvious reasons but still very cool. Couldn't find anything about it from a search on the boards so I figured I'd post it here and see what comes. It's posted by makeupcreations which seems to be just a make up tutorial channel with a bunch of dancing videos as well. Wondering if the person was involved with the band? And of course if there are more videos of getting see how the kool aid is made? Sound off - or jump down my throat if there's already a thread about this.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Putting this here even though it was posted 15 years ago. Youtube just recommended this rehearsal video of "Just Like You Imagined" to me today. It's low-quality for obvious reasons but still very cool. Couldn't find anything about it from a search on the boards so I figured I'd post it here and see what comes. It's posted by makeupcreations which seems to be just a make up tutorial channel with a bunch of dancing videos as well. Wondering if the person was involved with the band? And of course if there are more videos of getting see how the kool aid is made? Sound off - or jump down my throat if there's already a thread about this.
    I believe that was posted to nin.com back in the day.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I believe that was posted to nin.com back in the day.
    Yes, around mid-2000 and on NINWiki it says that it's from Nothing Studios' live room from around that time, but I think it's also possible that's from Compass Point in the Bahamas, autumn 1999 during the Fragility 1.0 rehearsals. I'm on a social media break, but it's probably worth someone else asking Rob Sheridan if he remembers when they filmed rehearsals around that time and if more could exist somewhere. Could you imagine if they had footage stashed away of the band performing "Where Is Everybody?" with Charlie singing that high melismatic 'woh-ah-oh-oh' counter-melody?
    Last edited by botley; 02-09-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Was it also part of like the Fragility special torrent or something? I swear I remember seeing it in a not youtube context, and wasn't a fan back in 99/2000 to have seen it on the site.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2022

i listened to this over the last few days. nothing you don’t know but a fun listen if you like listening to people talk about nine inch nails for five hours.

bandsplain - nine inch nails

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1S2...TQ6j78Hr3M9fjg

eta: just saw @allegate posted this but i think it’s worth a bump.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yes, around mid-2000 and on NINWiki it says that it's from Nothing Studios' live room from around that time, but I think it's also possible that's from Compass Point in the Bahamas, autumn 1999 during the Fragility 1.0 rehearsals. I'm on a social media break, but it's probably worth someone else asking Rob Sheridan if he remembers when they filmed rehearsals around that time and if more could exist somewhere. Could you imagine if they had footage stashed away of the band performing "Where Is Everybody?" with Charlie singing that high melismatic 'woh-ah-oh-oh' counter-melody?
    He should rejoin the live band under the alias Melisma.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ...but I think it's also possible that's from Compass Point in the Bahamas, autumn 1999 during the Fragility 1.0 rehearsals.
    squints at every flat surface in video, searching for Robin's fabled plantain

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Putting this here even though it was posted 15 years ago. Youtube just recommended this rehearsal video of "Just Like You Imagined" to me today. It's low-quality for obvious reasons but still very cool.
    The original QuickTime video file posted to nin.com was titled "jlyi-rehearsal.mov", and was a 240x180 (15 fps) video with mono audio, hence the low quality.

Yes, around mid-2000 and on NINWiki it says that it's from Nothing Studios' live room from around that time, but I think it's also possible that's from Compass Point in the Bahamas, autumn 1999 during the Fragility 1.0 rehearsals.
    The rehearsal space looks like the New Orleans photos from early March 2000. And looks nothing like the photos from the Bahamas posted in Aug. 1999.
    Also, according to one copy of the video I have, it says it was posted to nin.com on March 6, 2000 from New Orleans.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The rehearsal space looks like the New Orleans photos from early March 2000. And looks nothing like the photos from the Bahamas posted in Aug. 1999.
    Also, according to one copy of the video I have, it says it was posted to nin.com on March 6, 2000 from New Orleans.
    That tracks! Also, that cache of photos jogged my memory and I looked at Robin's guitar notes. They apparently rehearsed "Sunshine" (presumably, "I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally") around that time as well.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    That tracks! Also, that cache of photos jogged my memory and I looked at Robin's guitar notes. They apparently rehearsed "Sunshine" (presumably, "I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally") around that time as well.
    Nice catch! What's that word above Erybody? (aka Where Is Everybody?) Pinch? Any meaning to that?

The list of attempted songs grows longer still.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nice catch! What's that word above Erybody? (aka Where Is Everybody?) Pinch? Any meaning to that?

The list of attempted songs grows longer still.
    Pinch harmonics? Maybe there was a section of the song where he was using those with a specific tone setting?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Actors superimposed their new t-shirt on Trent. Lol

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZ8ea...dium=copy_link

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Also, seems like a demo version of I'm Afraid of Americans will be released on a Bowie RSD release

https://www.davidbowienews.com/2022/...tore-day-2022/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was at the Chicago Auto Show over the weekend and as I was standing near GMC's display, they were playing a video for one of their new trucks with a modified instrumental version of "Immigrant Song" by TR&AR. They peppered in only a few moments of Karen O's vocal performance and I definitely heard parts of the song that usually have vocals over them. Wish there were a way of getting that version of the track just to hear the instrumentation.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Nothing much, just spotted Charlie Clouser casually lurking on r/nin

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...thats_used_on/