Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
Results 1,531 to 1,548 of 1548

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

I know, I know Toby Keith, but damn this film looks like it's going to be good.
    I don't think I've seen Eastwood movie I didn't like, from Josey Wales to Gran Torino, to Iwo Jima, to the supernatural -ish one with Matt Damon, etc.

I know, I know, he's a hardcore NRA advocate, but he's ALSO one of the great directors of our time, and an incredible actor, too.

I'm mad excited about this movie. The only problem I have with it is that he's fucking, what, 90?
    He needs to be thinking about, like, a final statement rather than making a movie about being a drug runner.

That being said, who knows? It may BE meant to be a final statement. It might be an allegory.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Okay...I might be wrong, but they’re CLEARLY trying to swing the furry demographic there, right?

That’s the closest to a rational reason for this design that I could imagine. Like...A straight up CGI Sonic ripped from one of the recent games would look more visually appealing than this. At least that wouldn’t be spiked-hair deep into the uncanny valley. I’m actually a little afraid of the full reveal.

Can you imagine if Detective Pikachu featured a distinctly human-looking anthropomorphic Pikachu? Good god.
    I mean sure...but that's a REALLY specific demographic to aim your holiday children's movie at (no shame in being a furry, no kink shaming from me here) but...i honestly can't think of anything else as to why they've gone with this design. Unless they knew that the Illumination Mario movie will be out around the same time and thought they needed to do something outside of the box to get bums in seats...not sure making nightmare fuel was the intention...

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I mean sure...but that's a REALLY specific demographic to aim your holiday children's movie at (no shame in being a furry, no kink shaming from me here) but...i honestly can't think of anything else as to why they've gone with this design. Unless they knew that the Illumination Mario movie will be out around the same time and thought they needed to do something outside of the box to get bums in seats...not sure making nightmare fuel was the intention...
    Heh, I meant the furry thing more as a joke than anything. If we’re going for an actual reason, I’d probably think it’s just them trying to go for something “hyper-realistic” and overshooting on the mark. This strikes me as what we could’ve had with Detective Pikachu, except that movie seems to have mostly nailed their Pokémon designs right on the head, as far as CGI “realism” goes. This...ugh. I dunno. It’s uncomfortable to look at. I swear to god, if he has nipples...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Heh, I meant the furry thing more as a joke than anything. If we’re going for an actual reason, I’d probably think it’s just them trying to go for something “hyper-realistic” and overshooting on the mark. This strikes me as what we could’ve had with Detective Pikachu, except that movie seems to have mostly nailed their Pokémon designs right on the head, as far as CGI “realism” goes. This...ugh. I dunno. It’s uncomfortable to look at. I swear to god, if he has nipples...
    HAHA i know, i was just trying to find reason in that...thing.

"It’s uncomfortable to look at" should be on the poster!

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    HAHA i know, i was just trying to find reason in that...thing.

"It’s uncomfortable to look at" should be on the poster!
    “A whole new speed of nightmare.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Peter Jackson's WWI film/documentary will play in theaters for just one more day, December 27th. Check listings on Fathom Events, or other services. Massive restoration and enhancement project of WWI footage. Presented in 3D.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Wow.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Paramount have doubled down on the Sonic design for the new movie...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...poster/.141041

The fanbase really hates the design, so this is going over about as well as you'd expect. At this point it's going to be an uphill struggle just to get people to see it, regardless if the movies any good! First impressions are the most important, and i think it's safe to say they've fudged this...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

- what an absolutely brilliant use of the Luniz track throughout. So cool.

- This looks like a truly impressive follow-up to Get Out. I assume there's gotta be alot more going on than what we see for them to be able to scoop up the cast they got.

- at the moment, Jordan Peele really can do no wrong. Dude is red hot.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Holy actual shit.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    FUCK YES.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    love how Jessie Eisenberg hasnt even changed lol. Cant wait.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)

No no no no no. NO.

WHY?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    this is gonna be so deliciously bad.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ...WHAT...WHAT?!!? It looks like the super imposed Will Smiths face on someone else's body and added a blue tint in Photoshop...WHAT EVEN IS THIS!?!