Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2211

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Kind of sucks for Pixar. Is that three straight now? or was Onward in theaters...I seem to recall it was released this time last year right?
    I think Onward "just" managed to get some kind of cinema release (it was defiantly in the UK for a few weeks) but not for very long.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Dunno about rest of the world, but Soul was also in theaters where I live, like a month ago

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Dunno about rest of the world, but Soul was also in theaters where I live, like a month ago
    Lucky you! The UK cinemas have been completely closed since September, and before that were only open partially for a couple months...i miss cinemas.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    This should be random enough for this thread:

also, this is a thread inside a thread.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT! Stabler and Benson together again! I LOVED SVU most of all with Christopher Meloni, and have been FAR less invested since he left. I've been HOPING this would happen someday, but never thought it would. I think it's a backdoor pilot for Meloni's new Wolf Dick show, Law and Order: Organized Crime. It'll probably be an episode of SVU with stabler, followed by the premiere of the new show. Liv, Finn, and Amanda are all set to appear in the new show at least ONCE.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    HOLY SHIT! Stabler and Benson together again! I LOVED SVU most of all with Christopher Meloni, and have been FAR less invested since he left. I've been HOPING this would happen someday, but never thought it would. I think it's a backdoor pilot for Meloni's new Wolf Dick show, Law and Order: Organized Crime. It'll probably be an episode of SVU with stabler, followed by the premiere of the new show. Liv, Finn, and Amanda are all set to appear in the new show at least ONCE.

Yeah, I've been all over this since the beginning of the year. Crossover episodes this Thursday, starting with SVU and continuing into the premiere of Organized Crime.

I've been missing Stabler too but I've always felt that the best partners on SVU were Fin and Munch. Don't tell me you missed the Raphael Barba years? He was the best ADA they ever had!

Did you know that many of Wolf's show are in a shared universe? Especially SVU and the Chicago 3: Fire, PD and Med. God I love those shows.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Yeah, I've been all over this since the beginning of the year. Crossover episodes this Thursday, starting with SVU and continuing into the premiere of Organized Crime.

I've been missing Stabler too but I've always felt that the best partners on SVU were Fin and Munch. Don't tell me you missed the Raphael Barba years? He was the best ADA they ever had!

Did you know that many of Wolf's show are in a shared universe? Especially SVU and the Chicago 3: Fire, PD and Med. God I love those shows.
    Oh, hell yes. Fin and Munch for the win! Also, I've seen most all of SVU. It just stopped becoming "must see tv" for me when Stabler left. And then Kragen and Munch, too: ouch!
    And i know about the shared universe. I like procedurals, but my wife LOVES them. I especially love the way Chicago PD came out of Chicago Fire. I LOVE Voight. I don't get into the med, so much.
    But, yeah: Dick Wolf is a genius. My favorite is the Vincent D'Onoffrio/Kathryn Erbe era of Criminal Intent. Goren is my favorite character, with stabler being a close second, although Voight is growing on me.
    @marodi , I wonder if "Organized" is going to follow the longer story arc formula of the Chicago shows. I mean, surely they won't be solving an "organized crimes" in each episode.

Any predictions for Stabler? I bet he comes back because someone in his family is killed or hurt by a criminal organization
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-28-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh, hell yes. Fin and Munch for the win! Also, I've seen most all of SVU. It just stopped becoming "must see tv" for me when Stabler left. And then Kragen and Munch, too: ouch!
    And i know about the shared universe. I like procedurals, but my wife LOVES them. I especially love the way Chicago PD came out of Chicago Fire. I LOVE Voight. I don't get into the med, so much.
    But, yeah: Dick Wolf is a genius. My favorite is the Vincent D'Onoffrio/Kathryn Erbe era of Criminal Intent. Goren is my favorite character, with stabler being a close second, although Voight is growing on me.
    @marodi , I wonder if "Organized" is going to follow the longer story arc formula of the Chicago shows. I mean, surely they won't be solving an "organized crimes" in each episode.

Any predictions for Stabler? I bet he comes back because someone in his family is killed or hurt by a criminal organization
    Robert Goren is legend, my friend. Legend! Out of the Chicago 3, my favorite is Herrmann from Fire. He can be so goofy and do stupid stuff but he's such an amazing friend and father figure to every other character. I just love him.

I agree someone from Stabler's family is going to get killed. My bet is on his eldest daughter, since she had a propentisity to get into trouble when she was a teenager. Whatever it is, Stabler may be a very bitter man now. I would love to see Voight and him get into an investigation together.

Can't wait for Thursday!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

So... what you're saying is that this is not a fun Ritchie movie...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

OK so on paper i like the idea, the cast and a sequel to Space Jam, but something about this trailer really feels...off? The animation doesn't look right in my eyes, and i really feel like i've seen ALL the jokes in this trailer in other Loony Tunes stuff before...and they weren't all that funny the first time. I dunno, it just left me feeling less "ohhhhh" and more "oh"...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Oh, I'll be watching if it gets funded...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

Oh, I'll be watching if it gets funded...
    wonder if this will end up on Paramount + , since Comedy Central is a part of it and it used to air on that station back in the day. Paramount does seem to have no probably bringing back old shows, like the first cast of the Real World.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post

OK so on paper i like the idea, the cast and a sequel to Space Jam, but something about this trailer really feels...off? The animation doesn't look right in my eyes, and i really feel like i've seen ALL the jokes in this trailer in other Loony Tunes stuff before...and they weren't all that funny the first time. I dunno, it just left me feeling less "ohhhhh" and more "oh"...
    I wonder if it's that the animation is almost all CG. The original was at least made with scans of real animation.
    This looks like a lot of the new cartoon shows: like, have you seen the new Scooby Doo shows? It looks too bright and sharp and, Idk, plastic or something.

But, yeah, I felt the same. I bet the kids'll still love it, though, because they haven't seen much that ISN'T animated this way.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I wonder if it's that the animation is almost all CG. The original was at least made with scans of real animation.
    This looks like a lot of the new cartoon shows: like, have you seen the new Scooby Doo shows? It looks too bright and sharp and, Idk, plastic or something.

But, yeah, I felt the same. I bet the kids'll still love it, though, because they haven't seen much that ISN'T animated this way.
    Oh i'm sure kids will love it, hell there are a fair few people in my timelines that are hyped for it and i can understand why...just didn't grab me as far as trailers go. Maybe the CG had spoiled the animation for me...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    As a fan of the comic, I'll definitely be checking this out. But the trailer didn't do much for me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    wonder if this will end up on Paramount + , since Comedy Central is a part of it and it used to air on that station back in the day. Paramount does seem to have no probably bringing back old shows, like the first cast of the Real World.
    nope, they're making their own platform for it (that you get access to by being a backer, as far as i understand it).

also, campaign is already almost halfway funded and it launched less than three hours ago. wish you didn't have to go all the way up to $250 just to get the blu-ray set. the previous campaigns unlocked it at like $150 i think? and you got more stuff, too. but i guess that's the difference when netflix isn't at least co-funding the project. will probably go for the $100 tier.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The next seal of the apocalypse has opened...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    you're talking about that haircut, right.

edit:

Last edited by allegate; 04-14-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I do not remember much at all about this book, only that it was an ETS book club book.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I haven't read the comic, but I do know it's quite well liked. Looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    George Miller to officially start production on "Mad Max: Fury Road" prequel "Furiosa": https://www.smh.com.au/culture/movie...19-p57kbr.html

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

I haven't read the comic, but I do know it's quite well liked. Looking forward to this.
    The comic is awesome. Has a ton of heart. Jeff Lemire is my favorite comic creator. The man is a god...can do anything in comics.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Jeff Lemire you say? I have two different Humble Bundles of his stuff I need to get through, that's probably in there somewhere. I should start those up when I finish this last Millar book. (Last as in I'm not going to read any more of his Millarworld stuff other than the volume 3 of Jupiter, whenever '2019' finally comes around again)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Jeff Lemire you say? I have two different Humble Bundles of his stuff I need to get through, that's probably in there somewhere. I should start those up when I finish this last Millar book. (Last as in I'm not going to read any more of his Millarworld stuff other than the volume 3 of Jupiter, whenever '2019' finally comes around again)
    Let me know what's in the Humble Bundle & i'll tell you where to start. His crowning achievement is Essex County, then maybe Sweet Tooth, then Black Hammer, then perhaps Underwater Welder. There's so much more though and it's all good.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hopefully this link works for you. I have been creating lists on Goodreads for the different Humble Bundles I have.

Apparently Sweet Tooth is not in any of those bundles though. oh well, have to see if the library has it then.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-07-2021 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

fucking wow.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    fucking wow.
    It does look good but my only issue with it is that I've read the story recently.... so, to everyone who isn't familiar the source material, enjoy the movie.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)