Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1826

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

  1. #1561
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    New Jim Jarmusch zombie movie 'The Dead Don't Die' to star Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Chloe Sevigny, Tilda Swinton, and others.

    Talk about a fuckin' cast.

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Speak of the devil...


  3. #1563
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,442
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Well that seems like it's going to be great! Looks like the good Jarmusch a la Paterson & Only Lovers Left Alive vs bad Jarmusch like The Limits of Control, which was one of the most agonizing theatre experiences I've ever had haha.

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    953
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...and to think that at the time they didn't even tell us what happened, just few days later a bit of news about minor accident.


  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,145
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    ...and to think that at the time they didn't even tell us what happened, just few days later a bit of news about minor accident.

    I cannot wait for this. I remember Chernobyl perfectly, how it unfolded worldwide. The absolute horror of what actually happened in USSR at the time, we knew only much later.

    Chernobyl and the Bhopal disaster are prime examples of what is wrong with humanity: people driven by greed, recklessness, laziness and a total lack of empathy for others.

    I hate people.

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    After years of back and forth, it would sadly appear that a sequel to Beetlejuice isn't going to happen.

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,144
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I cannot wait for this.
    A bit more fringe but have you checked out The Russian Woodpecker?


  8. #1568
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,145
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    A bit more fringe but have you checked out The Russian Woodpecker?

    Oh wow that looks absolutely fascinating! I was not aware of this but I will track it down right now. Thank you so much!

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,947
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    After years of back and forth, it would sadly appear that a sequel to Beetlejuice isn't going to happen.
    Unless...
    Beetlejuice...beetlejuice...beetlejuice

    Did it work?


    Everyone try it.

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,102
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Unless...
    Beetlejuice...beetlejuice...beetlejuice

    Did it work?


    Everyone try it.

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Well Hellboy is not getting good reviews...

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well Hellboy is not getting good reviews...
    This one hurts. The Hellboy comics are fantastic and I like David Harbour a lot, but it seems like trouble production mixed with just a LOT happening is hurting it. I'll still likely see it, but the trailers and the contents of the reviews have really lowered my expectations.

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    This one hurts. The Hellboy comics are fantastic and I like David Harbour a lot, but it seems like trouble production mixed with just a LOT happening is hurting it. I'll still likely see it, but the trailers and the contents of the reviews have really lowered my expectations.
    I've yet to read anything that has anything good to say about it! I'll see it this weekend but my expectations are now low...

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,619
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well Hellboy is not getting good reviews...
    I'm glad it's not doing well after how they screwed Del Toro out of it. Guarantee his 3rd film would have been 10x better than this remake.

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    north colorado
    Posts
    1,445
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Pablo Schreiber from Orange is the New Black has been casted as Master Chief in the Showtime Halo series.

  16. #1576
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,144
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

  17. #1577
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,144
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)


    (sorry)
    ((not sorry))

  18. #1578
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,830
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

  19. #1579
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

  20. #1580
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    953
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    People, this Chernobyl HBO miniseries, after 2 of 5 episodes... 10/10 and I'm not sure if I've seen something so strong recently, or maybe ever. Just unbelievable. :-(

    There is also a podcast worth listening dedicated to this:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1459712981

  21. #1581
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,366
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    People, this Chernobyl HBO miniseries, after 2 of 5 episodes... 10/10 and I'm not sure if I've seen something so strong recently, or maybe ever. Just unbelievable. :-(

    There is also a podcast worth listening dedicated to this:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1459712981
    This really looks eerily good, will check it out once every episode is released.

  22. #1582
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,819
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Christopher Nolan's new movie due out next year is a espionage spy thriller called Tenet

  23. #1583
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,830
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

  24. #1584
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes


  25. #1585
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Reviews for MiB International are not kind...and i just got my ticket for the weekend too! Hopefully it won't be so bad.

  26. #1586
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,442
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Watched Snowpiercer again last night, and as such I found director Bong Joon-ho's newest movie comes out in the US this October:



    98% on RT from 45 reviews. Won the Palme d'Or Award at Cannes a few weeks ago..."An urgent, brilliantly layered look at timely social themes, Parasite finds writer-director Bong Joon-ho in near-total command of his craft."

  27. #1587
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,830
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

  28. #1588
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,442
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    New Jim Jarmusch zombie movie 'The Dead Don't Die' to star Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Chloe Sevigny, Tilda Swinton, and others.

    Talk about a fuckin' cast.
    So has anyone seen this yet? Would love to know your thoughts. I'm going to have to see it in Manhattan after work I guess b/c it's not showing near me.

  29. #1589
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,145
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)


    Finally, it's coming out in October. I can't wait! #teamtesla

  30. #1590
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,442
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    They've sat on that movie for so long that I fear its a clunker.

    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...e-release-date

    And that poster...sheesh!

    Last edited by bobbie solo; 06-26-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Posting Permissions