Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2211

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Really high hopes for this. It’s looked better and better with each trailer so far.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    anyone seen roseanne barr and other assorted trumpflakes whinging about how her character got killed by opiods in the show (which is an amusing way to kill ker off, considering)?

In a statement, Barr said this "lent an unnecessary, grim and morbid dimension to an otherwise happy family show."

...Isn't this the same show where she won the lottery and lived happily ever after, except she didn't cause in the final episode it turned out her husband died & the entire series was just her fantasising in order to escape reality

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I am so here for this. It's the Holy Trinity of Karyn Kusama and Phil Hay & Matt Manfredi (Kusama directed The Invitation which was written by Hay & Manfredi). If I was in charge of Hollywood, I would just give these three carte blanche til the end of time.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So The Vampire Chronicles is (supposedly) coming to Hulu as a TV series, via paramount and anonymous content. I hadn't kept up with the news on this: paramount got the rights in early 2016 and I didn't expect it to actually happen, so this was actually announced this summer and I just found out.

Anne Rice and her son Christopher are executive producers, and Christopher wrote the script, so there's a DAMN good chance this could be done right. The idea is that it's going to be faithful to the source material the way Game of Thrones is faithful to those books, which sounds WONDERFUL.

I've read everything she's ever written and would fucking LOVE to see a faithful, long form Vampire Chronicles on the screen.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Early word from a test screening of the new ‘Hellboy’ is that David Harbour is solid, but that the movie overall is garbage. Take it at face value of course...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Early word from a test screening of the new ‘Hellboy’ is that David Harbour is solid, but that the movie overall is garbage. Take it at face value of course...
    That sucks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    To be fair the original Hellboy movies were far better then they had any right to be, so i wasn't expecting much from this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabaster Creature View Post
    I am of the age where this trailer has consumed more of my mind than perhaps it really should. Not under the impression anyone else in this space is in the same boat, but I'll continue anyway.

When this project was announced it became clear to me that film was not actually going to try and articulate the central fantasies Pokémon is about. This trailer only further affirmed that for me. Instead, it's clear they're playing with the pieces from that world to do something different. There's lots of little deviations that indicate this to me. I will say that every reference to something in the Pokémon world that's outside the immediate apparent scope of the story I see here feels like just that, a reference, nothing more. Not a piece of the world, but a nostalgic call back to something we already know. These bits exist largely for our benefit, if not in idea than execution, they don't actually belong to this new world.

Not sure this new thing they're making speaks to me particularly much and wonder if anyone that doesn't have a similar history thinks this remarkable at all. As that "new thing" is novel for this world, but it's less novel for the specific Hollywood culture that's actually producing this movie.
    It is a little jarring, but mainly as it's Ryan Reynolds. The guy has great comedic timing, but after deadpool all i can hear is....well deadpool. I'll still see it (i love me my pokemon)!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^^
    What in the what? Are they going to sing and dance too? And where's Jeremy Irons? You can't have Scar without him!

Can I have a cute lion cub?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    ^^^
    What in the what? Are they going to sing and dance too? And where's Jeremy Irons? You can't have Scar without him!

I really don't know if i can handle baby Simba telling Mufasa to get up, that fucked me up enough as a kid.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I really don't know if i can handle baby Simba telling Mufasa to get up, that fucked me up enough as a kid.
    It fucked me up too and I was in my late 20s. First it was Bambi's mom. Disney has scarred more people than Freddy, Michael and Jason combined.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It fucked me up too and I was in my late 20s. First it was Bambi's mom. Disney has scarred more people than Freddy, Michael and Jason combined.
    Can't forget the Baby Mine scene in Dumbo.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Can't forget the Baby Mine scene in Dumbo.
    That music is in the newest trailer. Oh man.
    ^^^

They have different people for fucked up Timon and Pumba too.
    The Lion King (2019)

Main article: The Lion King (2019 film)
    In April, Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen were cast to play Timon and Pumbaa respectively in the 2019 CGI remake of The Lion King.[4

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

They have different people for fucked up Timon and Pumba too.
    I am excited for Seth Rogen as Pumba. I've only seen Billy Eichner in Parks and Rec so I'm not as familiar with him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I am excited for Seth Rogen as Pumba. I've only seen Billy Eichner in Parks and Rec so I'm not as familiar with him.
    look up billy's youtube series "billy on the street", he's fucking hilarious. craig was one of my fav side characters on parks and rec.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Dumbo I saw once as a kid and I never wanted to see again. Thank you, Baby Mine. Disney is the ultimate evil.

Speaking of evil: Aladdin is also coming out in 2019. Will Smith will play Genie. Nothing against Smith as a person or an actor but this is BLASPHEMY. I would not want to be him right now.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I know, I know Toby Keith, but damn this film looks like it's going to be good.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    WHAT...THE FUCK...IS THAT??!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrNSsfVH...on_share_sheet

I just thought they were going to make Sonic his cartoon form in live action, NOT LOOK LIKE SOME KIND OF MONSTER MUTANT HUMAN?!?!?!

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post

I just thought they were going to make Sonic his cartoon form in live action, NOT LOOK LIKE SOME KIND OF MONSTER MUTANT HUMAN?!?!?!

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!
    But seriously, where is his penis? I see the fuzz outline and it's just not clicking for me. I really think he needs shorts or something.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Okay...I might be wrong, but they’re CLEARLY trying to swing the furry demographic there, right?

That’s the closest to a rational reason for this design that I could imagine. Like...A straight up CGI Sonic ripped from one of the recent games would look more visually appealing than this. At least that wouldn’t be spiked-hair deep into the uncanny valley. I’m actually a little afraid of the full reveal.

Can you imagine if Detective Pikachu featured a distinctly human-looking anthropomorphic Pikachu? Good god.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

I know, I know Toby Keith, but damn this film looks like it's going to be good.
    I don't think I've seen Eastwood movie I didn't like, from Josey Wales to Gran Torino, to Iwo Jima, to the supernatural -ish one with Matt Damon, etc.

I know, I know, he's a hardcore NRA advocate, but he's ALSO one of the great directors of our time, and an incredible actor, too.

I'm mad excited about this movie. The only problem I have with it is that he's fucking, what, 90?
    He needs to be thinking about, like, a final statement rather than making a movie about being a drug runner.

That being said, who knows? It may BE meant to be a final statement. It might be an allegory.