Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2221

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The Creator trailer looked promising until they revealed the "the child is the key, protect the child" plot point.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I saw this trailer before The Flash and it blew me away. I don't know what part of it is getting the frisson going but damn.
    It kinda of has that "This is the history of the robot intelligence uprising" in The Matrix... I know it's not but that's the way I'm making sense of it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    The Creator trailer looked promising until they revealed the "the child is the key, protect the child" plot point.
    Sigh...yeah that was a little worrying. I was reading some reddit comments about it and most of them were "I bet this is the plot" and it all sounds pretty much like that trope. I'm still really excited for it because the visuals just in that little trailer are huge and looked so lived in, like it's all there in-world instead of CGI.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    It kinda of has that "This is the history of the robot intelligence uprising" in The Matrix... I know it's not but that's the way I'm making sense of it.
    it was also compared to that, like a 1.5 version of the stories from Animatrix.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

well that sucks for her, those hot sauces hurt going in and coming out regardless of direction.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Emperor Joker

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, that's that. SAG-AFTRA is going on strike. All productions with union members are going dark.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Oh, ok.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oof. This looks awful to me. I'll stick with the OG Wonka.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Oof. This looks awful to me. I'll stick with the OG Wonka.
    I mean, I’m a huge Wonka fan and was raised on the original…so I’ll check it out. But don’t get it twisted. I checked out the Burton one too, and that uhh, that ain’t sayin’ much lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was raised on the original as well, and this looks absolutely, dreadful.

I'll catch it when it comes on TBS in a year. Kill that Hugh Grant loompa with fire. Genuine, "What the fuck were they thinking" moment.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Hugh Grant loompa
    I am so glad now that my general malaise towards that film has spared me this. wow, lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    A24 Can Still Make Quirky Li’l Movies Amid SAG Strike

Interesting because this is under the proposed union rules so it's a stick in the eye of the big studios: 'we can work with these new rules, why can't you?'

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Apparently it's trailer time?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Big Mattel push coming up:

Lena Dunham's Polly Pocket movie isn't even Mattel's weirdest post-Barbie project

It must be profoundly weird, in this moment, to be an executive at toy company Mattel. Like dogs who’ve actually managed to catch the proverbial car, the company—which has long dreamed of leveraging its various iconic brands into success at the box office—finds itself in possession of the top-rated, best-performing movie in the country, as Greta Gerwig and Margot Robbie’s take on Barbie continues to dominate the cultural conversation. It’s the kind of thing that can drive an executive to say some very strange things—like asserting, with an apparently straight face, that the script for the long-in-the-works Polly Pocket movie (written by Lena Dunham) is “great.”

And, to be clear, it’s not like Polly Pocket is some spur-of-the-moment thing that Mattel just reached for after Barbie started making money: The company has been planning this wide-ranging push into theaters for years, having tapped Dunham to write and direct a film about pocket-sized women way back in 2021. (Lily Collins was, and is, attached to star, possibly in an effort to short-circuit fully half the brains on the internet by bringing Lena Dunham and Emily In Paris into close proximity.) The “great” quote comes from a conversation Variety recently conducted with Mattel Films’ Robbie Brenner about a whole slate of projects. It’s also not even remotely the oddest thing Brenner said during this conversation, in which she also gave quick check-ins on Daniel Kaluuya’s big purple Barney movie (“more of like a Being John Malkovich or an Adaptation”), J.J. Abrams’ Hot Wheels (“real emotion and real stakes to it”), the Vin Diesel-starring Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots (“Vin is excited”), and, of course, the Magic 8-Ball movie. (“Probably…a PG-13 thriller,” Brenner stated; tragically, she somehow failed to give a quote about the studios’ actual, we-shit-you-not, plans for an UNO movie.)
    I saw a comment that said something like "if Mattel let's the creators have some freedom these could be interesting, unlike the Star Wars/Marvel movies that have a format and you cannot stray from that". I mean, a Being John Malkovich inspired Barney? That's so far out of left fucking field that it's barely the same game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Barney:A film by Charlie Kaufman

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't have the words...wow.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    National Cinema Day collects $34 million at box office, 8.5 million moviegoers attend
    Nearly 8.5 million people went to the movies to celebrate National Cinema Day on Sunday, Aug. 27 as cinemas offered tickets for only $4 across all screens and formats. The number is a 5% increase from last year's inaugural event which saw approximately 8.1 million attendees, the National Cinema Foundation shared in a press release.
    huh, who'd think that making movies/snacks affordable would mean people would go to the movies? oh wait, they took the wrong information from that.
    “The positive response to National Cinema Day is just another reminder of how much people love going to the movie theater,” Michael O’Leary, President & CEO of the National Association of Theatre Owners shared.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wanna dig into the specifics of what the Writers Guild and the Producers Alliance are fighting over? This goes deep into that in the wake of the producers really shitty move last week to leak the details of their meeting with the writers. Interesting stuff to see the real detailed nuts & bolts of this major strike action.

Solidarity!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

A Godzilla horror movie? Ok let's do this.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And now a Godzilla tv show? And the effects look movie-quality? Man Apple paid out the rear end for this one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

seems like it might have little to no dialogue so that'll be interesting.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Now with MORE Oompa Loompa!

Honestly, I'm completely creeped out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Man that looks intense. I have not read anything about what the movie is but I can certainly guess.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.indiewire.com/news/gener...ia-1234919475/
    Hou Hsiao-Hsien is apparently retiring from directing due to battling dementia.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

My body is ready.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A tentative deal has been reached!