Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So... the Monty Python troupe (or what's left of them) is going to reunite for a new film called 'ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING'.

But - wait for it.... :

The movie will be made using CGI technology with the actors lending their voices to aliens who endow a group of humans with super powers, leading to misadventures.
    Robin Williams
    will voice an intelligent speaking dog named Dennis.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm at work and doing some report shit, it's a bit to type out but I'll paraphrase the insane bullshit that went on while I was working on the set in a few minutes. It was a shitty movie with Danny DeVito called 'Deck The Halls' that was shot here...holy shit just remembering what happened is hilarious. The guy's a certifiable nut.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alright this will be longish but worth reading for the lulz, so my friend who was a film major at a film school here (called Capilano University) in North Vancouver hooks me up with some work on the set of a Christmas movie filming around the area called Deck The Halls with Broderick and Danny DeVito. I've done extra work, etc. so I thought 'why not'. So on the 3rd day of being on set, I had yet to meet Broderick but actually met DeVito who was, and I can vouch, the NICEST DUDE EVER. He was polite, funny, and literally talked to almost everyone on set...crew, you name it. I saw him tossing cheese slices at some crew in the catering tent, a jokester. Awesome dude. Anyways, I was helping one of the crew with rounding up some camera cables on abouuuut, the 3rd-ish day on set. My friend Zack who got me on the set (he's the one who works on Fringe now, you might've seen pics I've posted from on set, that's how I get on lol) was a PA (prod. assistant, basically crap gopher work). The scene was a snowball fight between Broderick and DeVito so my friend's job was literally to stand by with a portable hair dryer, warming a roll of paper towels so he could hand them to the actors after the take (sounds weak but it was cold as hell, at night, and like 20 takes in...I can imagine your hands would be numb as hell).

So he's sitting there warming the paper towels, but lo and behold it was the Head PA's job originally, a guy who's been on movies with Broderick and a bunch of the crew before, but HE had to go do something else so he handed the shit to Zack. After the scene wraps the first take, Zack runs up, 'here you go Mr. DeVito' and I'm literally 20 ft. away. 'Thanks kid.' He runs to Broderick. 'Here you are, Mr. Broderick.' Broderick literally spins around to face him, grabs Zack by the neck of his shirt, and literally inches from his face, screams WHO THE MOTHERFUCK ARE YOU. WHO ARE YOU. My friend obviously freezes and probably shits himself as Broderick literally screamed it as loud as possible. You could hear it across town. '...uh, uh I'm Zack, I'm a PA. I'm part of the crew, uh uh...' Broderick screams again. WHO. THE. FUCK. ARE. YOU. YOU'RE FIRED. And lets him go. He was literally screaming at the top of his lungs, it was nuts. His face was red. Some of the crew rush in, including the Asst. Director and my friend's murmuring to them 'Don't fire me please! I work here! I have a staff badge. I'm a PA' etc. etc.

A few handlers help Broderick away, probably to his trailer like he's fuckin' Bono from U2 being led to his helicopter or some shit...my friend's shitting his pants. The Asst. Director tells him (again I can hear it all) 'Don't worry, that's just him. You can't look at him in the eye unless he knows you or he's worked with you on set before, you'll be fine.' My friend Zack is like 'w.t.f.' He continues to tell Zack that after Broderick made all his money, he was vacationing in Ireland and killed a lady and her mom in a head on car wreck (we had never known this up to that point, again this was like...early 2005ish? Before the times of Wikipedia or IMDB) and ever since he was sort of....off kilter so to speak.

So yeah, he might be sane NOW, but I saw this happen. He was deeply, deeply insane. For the rest of the shoot he would come off as a completely normal human, but apparently everyone, and now including my friend and I, knew that he's actually probably a lunatic. And don't get me started on Kristin Davis (from Sex and The City) who played Broderick's wife and the day she wouldn't come out of her trailer until someone brought her cotton candy. Seriously. A full grown woman who wouldn't work until someone brought her cotton candy. Cotton. Candy. Fuckssakes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Alright this will be longish but worth reading for the lulz...
    Crazy fucking story dude. Wow.

Interesting to see a teaser for a movie roll being reprised in a Super Bowl ad. That sentence was difficult to even write.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Alright this will be longish but worth reading for the lulz...
    Reading stuff like this I always wonder...at what point do those people lose all sense of reality, of perspective? The actors that behave like dictators on the set, those who terrorise the crew, or those who come with insane demands (like a crate full of bottled water from the fountain of youth of Tlacopan and/or a pair of Hungarian ceremonial horses as their butlers or whatever) and have fits if those demands are not satisfied...I have to believe they were not like this from the start. Is there a point where they go *click* and suddenly they feel entitled to godhood? I mean, it's one thing to be an arrogant dick, I can accept that, but to go all berserk on account of ridiculous stuff (like that cotton candy example, or Broderick's insane reaction), that thing really confounds me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Goddamn... I guess he really must be a total insane dude to be married to that... thing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was awesome! Although the best part of the story may have been DeVito throwing cheese at people. That guy is hilarious.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yeah, but will it not suck?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

After reading this, I wondered on why they decide to make it pg13 in the first place. When T2 came out, me and my friends went to see it, and they toyline was everywhere.

An R rating doesnt mean anything really.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    ...and here's the whole thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    ...and here's the whole thing

I guess they cut the bit where they dig up John Hughes and violate his corpse from the final cut...
    Last edited by Bonedwarf; 01-31-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Because I'm anal retentive

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Matthew Vaughn to direct X-Men First Class sequel.

I hope it's true because he did a tremendous job on First Class.

But the real question is: can my ovaries survive another round of the McAvoy/Fassbender bromance?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Matthew Vaughn to direct X-Men First Class sequel.

I hope it's true because he did a tremendous job on First Class.
    Does not compute.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Does not compute.
    Please don't tell me you think X3 or Origins were better.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The thing that blows me away, is as insane as the things I saw on that set, I bet you a billion dollars that's NOTHING compared to some of the shit that goes down on sets with the big stars. It's the Britney Spears syndrome...what I always say is that yeah like you said, a lot of people were like that to begin with. Take 1,000 people off of the street. Now give them access to shitloads of money, drugs, parties, etc. etc. and have a bunch of 'yes men' telling them how great they are. How many of that 1,000 people will just go bonkers? Probably a pretty high percentage.

I've been on a few other sets, been an extra on Caprica, been on the set of Fringe...everyone on those sets were literally the NICEST people (especially the Fringe crew/cast) but all it takes is one big star that's a maniac lol.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I've been on a few other sets, been an extra on Caprica, been on the set of Fringe...everyone on those sets were literally the NICEST people (especially the Fringe crew/cast) but all it takes is one big star that's a maniac lol.
    Bullshit. You can't tell me Joshua Jackson wasn't parading around the set screaming at people, "I was Pacey on Dawson's Creek! Bow before Pacey!" I don't believe it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I like to think the series ended with the second one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    queen frostine better be as foxy as her animated counterpart. can we start a thread about weird cartoon crushes from ages 5-10?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    queen frostine better be as foxy as her animated counterpart. can we start a thread about weird cartoon crushes from ages 5-10?
    I had a weird crush on Brock from the animated Pokemon series....

Yeahh....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Can we kill Adam Sandler now?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Bourne Legacy trailer is out

I can't wait to see this movie. I really enjoyed the first 3 movies; the cast of this one is solid; it can't go wrong... right?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh look at that: double post!

Space:1999 to be remade for TV as Space:2099

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Beyond The Black Rainbow. This looks really good.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Beyond The Black Rainbow. This looks really good.
    Wow! That's got a really cool Logan's Run/THX 1138/Zardoz kinda vibe around it! Early 70's sci-fi ftw!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I was pretty skeptical about a documentary about the John Titor story, but I have to admit, the semi-trailer is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    This one is cooler.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    The Bourne Legacy trailer is out

FUCK, YES.

The first three were so good I thought FOR SURE this would be complete shit, but it looks GREAT so far.

But nope, this looks excellent. Not much of a trailer, but VERY promising.

:)

P.S. If we've already got a trailer shouldn't we just go ahead and give it a thread instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)