Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    Michelle Rodriguez quits being the butch latina:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3149776.html
    Well this is a huge bummer because I just love seeing her in everything on the screen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've been waiting for something about that film for years. Though I do think Sandra Bullock is an extremely overrated actress. The premise of the film definitely looks interesting as the look itself is... whoa.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ZOMFG, Sandra fucking Bullock is the star of a movie I cannot fucking wait to see.

I sincerely never in a million years ever imagined I would ever say anything like that, but there it is.

FUCK, YEAH.

O_O

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So X-Men: Days of Future Past is filming a couple of hours away from me (fortunately for Hugh Jackman, I'm too lazy to be a stalker) and Bryan Singer has been tweeting teaser pics from the set for a few weeks now. So far, we've seen Nick Hoult, Sir Patrick, the delectable Hugh, Halle Berry in a terrible wig once again...

Yesterday, he tweeted the first pic of James McAvoy as the young Professor X. This one takes the cake of all things WTF. This is so not how I imagine the Prof that I cannot wait to see this movie to have an explanation for this:

I know it's set in 1973 but man... What the hell? Me thinks someone decided that life in a wheelchair really is groovy after all.

That or he's gone Howard Hughes on everyone.
    Last edited by marodi; 05-10-2013 at 07:50 AM. Reason: I should not be allowed to type anything on the net after having only slept for 3 hours the night before.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    ZOMFG, Sandra fucking Bullock is the star of a movie I cannot fucking wait to see.

I sincerely never in a million years ever imagined I would ever say anything like that, but there it is.

FUCK, YEAH.

O_O
    You know, I'm no fan of hers either, but this seems like something she's tailor-made for. She expresses panic pretty well in a role, and I can only imagine the level of panic one would feel in her character's situation.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet). From Executive Producers Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”pilot co-writers (“Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Smallville”) comes Marvel’s first TV series. “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/...edium=facebook

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^^
    None of those noobs look nearly as badass as the Son of Coul.

I'll start watching tv again just for that show.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    This is so not how I imagine the Prof that I cannot wait to see this movie to have an explanation for this:

I know it's set in 1973 but man... What the hell? Me thinks someone decided that life in a wheelchair really is groovy after all.

That or he's gone Howard Hughes on everyone.
    Well, I'd imagine it's probably a lot less embarrassing and undignified to ask someone to help you get dressed or wipe your ass for you or whatever when you know you can just completely erase it from their memory afterward, lol.

But, yeah. That's definitely the coolest looking and most hip version of Professor Xavier I've ever seen!

I dig it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I had no idea this was even in the works, but apparently there's a Beverly Hills Cop show coming focusing on Axel Foley's son, and Eddie Murphy is actually going to be in it.

Apparently if it takes off, he'll continue to appear...

Never mind lol.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    ^^^
    None of those noobs look nearly as badass as the Son of Coul.

I'll start watching tv again just for that show.
    Looks like they're gonna make it worth your while!

Pretty sure we just saw Luke Cage, a.k.a. Power Man in action a couple times, btw.

:)
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 05-14-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Kevin Pollak revealed on his chat show that Eddie was given a 10 million dollar golden parachute for CBS not picking it up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^^ Sweet fuck, without a single episode ever making it to air.

Also, this looks good:

He's always been a classy guy and to see him doing a show that pokes fun at his condition is pretty ballsy.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Anyone mentioned the return of Jack Bauer in 2014?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Anyone mentioned the return of Jack Bauer in 2014?
    Like 9 posts back, homes.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Like 9 posts back, homes.
    Oups! haha

What about this dude?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not bad, not bad! I really dug Pitch Black when it came out, but wasn't too much in to the sequel. I'll probably wait for this to drop on home media but I'll definitely check it out. Pretty ballsy for them to give it another go after NINE years!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Not bad, not bad! I really dug Pitch Black when it came out, but wasn't too much in to the sequel. I'll probably wait for this to drop on home media but I'll definitely check it out. Pretty ballsy for them to give it another go after NINE years!
    It looks like the setting will be similar to the first one. I believe this might actually be a prequel. Anyways, Riddick looks badass as usual.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 05-18-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Pitch Black is a fantastic movie. It's one of my favorite monster movies ever. It has a solid cast, a great plot and the suspense is intense. I have a soft spot for The Chronicles of Riddick because of Colm Feore who is an excellent Canadian actor with a knack for playing creepy villains. I like it also for Thandie Newton whom I am a fan of and of course, for my favorite Kiwi.

Also: Riddick is a sequel to Chronicles Spoiler: since Karl Urban is reprising his role as Lord Vaako in it

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Starbuck is in it, too! Pitch Black was a good romp back in the day, but Chronicles was kinda ridiculous... It was like neither movie existed in the same universe.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Expandables 3 - This isnt my bag and I havent seen the first 2 but Mickey Rourke is back for this one... and I love Mickey Rourke. It's really too bad that he has failed to capitalize of the Wrestler fame a few years back BUT if anyone is familiar with his life, this is what he does. I recently saw an alchohol free beer commercial where he was more interesting than the handful of crap he recently acted in (passion play, java heat)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Expandables 3 - This isnt my bag and I havent seen the first 2 but Mickey Rourke is back for this one... and I love Mickey Rourke. It's really too bad that he has failed to capitalize of the Wrestler fame a few years back BUT if anyone is familiar with his life, this is what he does. I recently saw an alchohol free beer commercial where he was more interesting than the handful of crap he recently acted in (passion play, java heat)
    At least he got a good payday for Iron Man 2 though the script didn't really do much for him. Give the something good to do and give him a good buddy movie w/ Eric Roberts so he can have his comeback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    At least he got a good payday for Iron Man 2 though the script didn't really do much for him. Give the something good to do and give him a good buddy movie w/ Eric Roberts so he can have his comeback.
    "Pope of Greenwich Village 2"?
    I didn't rape his daughter, I took money, AGAIN!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    "Pope of Greenwich Village 2"?
    I didn't rape his daughter, I took money, AGAIN!
    Something in that vein though their little appearance together in Spun, as was Rourke's performance, was the highlight of that very awful film.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mickey Rourke peaked in Diner. Best film.